Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the QVQ Chickie from last night.....

And made...... Hash was/eggs this morning

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210123_082851.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	978647Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210123_083050.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	978648

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Love this

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I know! Those breakfast posts look awesome!

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      My favorite breakfast dish. Well done!

Found some ground turkey in the freezer. Made Chinese stir fry with zucchini and Thai chili peppers over short grain rice. I am really enjoying wok cooking
    Attached Files

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      At least I'm in good company, Old Glory . Thanks for letting me know.

K.

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      I ordered our wok and tools from The Wok Shop as well, last year. They were great in responding to inquiries. Have you tried contacting them?

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper my order finally came the other day. A wooden spatula and a lid for the wok.

Black Ops and Big Bad Beef combo brisket on the SnS Kamado. Got a rare visit to Costco earlier this month, decided that it was time to do the brisket I nabbed. Turned out nice.
    Attached Files

Comment

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris kamado mode so that it would fit more comfortably

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Any water pan below or above the diffuser?

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris no water pan, just a foiled drip n griddle on the diffuser so it didn't get too full of grease.

Made Meathead’s Char Sui ribs. Followed the recipe to the letter. Used the trusty Weber kettle with SnS. 3 hours at 225-240, 30 minutes cranked up to sear at the end.

These babies are.....I mean were.... absolutely delicious!

Name:	5A67D480-AA9A-4A7D-9AC7-FB3E2205C645.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	978863

Name:	69E56225-6A2E-4259-9A6A-4381F76A1B2B.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	978862

Name:	712DC7AF-CE2A-4438-A9DD-1FCBA40B449C.jpeg
Views:	297
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	978864

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      They look fantastic! This would work with rib tips, huh?

• Burkester
      Burkester commented
      Editing a comment
      I think this recipe would be great with rib tips!

• Burkester
      Burkester commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, BFlynn all that’s left is bones! Maybe forensic analysis instead of inspection!

Rainy Saturday lunch - the kids are having pizza, but I decided to go a different direction. Just because I'm not smoking brisket as planned, doesn't mean I can't eat something good. Open face sandwich on day-old sourdough with eggs from my backyard and some ham slices.

Name:	IMG_1189.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	978916

Name:	IMG_1190.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	978915

Comment

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      Mad props on using the Opinel as tableware. My wife always gets weirded out when I do that.

• radshop
      radshop commented
      Editing a comment
      mnavarre - here's what you do: get a checkered table cloth and a wicker basket. Add some wine and cheese. Plan a perfect picnic in a meadow of lavender and daisies. And as you are slicing the cheese, explain to your wife that Opinel is the true French picnic knife. And if it works - you're an instant legend, because it's never worked for any guy anywhere!

• radshop
      radshop commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn - I know, right? Water falling from the sky? WTH? We aren't prepared for this sort fo thing.

Did use the rest of the the BBR's I used for the McRib sandwich. Why I didn't I think of this B4? Couple of eggs, salt, pepper, heavy cream and ribs. Half a sesame bagle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210123_115620.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.64 MB ID:	978941 Also bake from a few days ago.
    Whole Grain Bread.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210121_154052.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.22 MB ID:	978942Click image for larger version  Name:	20210121_154158.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.00 MB ID:	978943
    Last edited by RichieB; January 23, 2021, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Bit of rain last night so couldn't use the Buckaroo for the prime tri-tip. Instead, did a simple dry-brine and reverse sear on the weber gasser.

Name:	PXL_20210123_035345049.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	978982

Name:	PXL_20210123_040126373.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	978983

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	55279ED3-3B53-4A82-B5D6-E8E93DDCF5BD.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	4.07 MB ID:	979044Click image for larger version  Name:	0B9C6AA0-D00B-4F38-9F72-D3B927AC185C.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	3.95 MB ID:	979039

Costco gluten free cheese pizza with leftover taco meat - beans with leftover breakfast veggies with jalapeño slices and cheddar jack blend to top it off.
        Last edited by HawkerXP; January 23, 2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Last night's poke bowl. Albacore, shoyu, ponzu, onion, furikake, sesame seed, and scallion. Basmati rice worked, but it's not right for this.

Name:	337E11FF-CA26-4980-BCA2-B59C2EEF7A2D_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	280
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	979072

Comment

• theroc
            theroc commented
            Editing a comment
            We love poke! Haven't tried it in a rice bowl yet. Normally just eat it straight. Will have to give it a try. So would you recommend sushi rice instead?

• mnavarre
            mnavarre commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, Calrose or regular white rice would be better choices than basmati.

Costco Filet, Blackened Shrimp and Baked potato wedges. Smoked it with Mesquite. Came out almost Ernest worthy! I’m thinking we ought to start showing the empty plate also.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Panhead John; January 23, 2021, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            Love the empty plate shot!

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Great cook!

Busted out the Smokin-it smoker today for these Short Ribs I picked up in December at the local meat supplier No Bull Prime Meats. Was a little worried on how they would turn out, being they were English Cut. But, they were wonderful! Even my wife thought there great.

I dry brined over night, then hit them with Oak Ridge BBQ Black Ops and into the smoker at 250* - went about 6 hours or so then held in the cambro for a few hours. Served with baked potato and a green bean salad.

what a good dinner! Now for a few chocolate coconut balls and night cap!

Name:	4A44814D-C25E-49D5-A5A2-862B8C3A0081.jpeg
Views:	321
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	979112

Name:	79D23881-6A8C-4337-8125-4CF42412B913.jpeg
Views:	275
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	979114

Name:	90902D7C-FA85-4CBA-A4FD-DD7D59E574E6.jpeg
Views:	280
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	979113

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Great looking cook! I also....like a little potato with my cheese.

• tamidw
            tamidw commented
            Editing a comment
            That's how I like my potato too. Covered with cheese! All of it looks great.

Yesterday I grilled some tenderloin steaks. Today I smoked a pork butt using my PBC. I was very pleased with the results
          Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            PBC, pbc, ...!

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            PBC....You left one out Hawker.

I give you Chicken Tikka Masala: onions fried in ghee, then mixed with garam masala, kashmiri chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, and crushed tomatoes. Reduced down until really thick, then smoothed out with some heavy cream and water.

Finally, mixed in with the diced leftovers of the tandoori chicken I made last night. My friends, let me tell you, using smoked chicken in this takes it to an entirely other level. I mean it. Wow.

Name:	IMG-4462.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	979127

Name:	IMG-4463.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	979126

Comment

• Jim White
            Jim White commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I love putting leftover smoked meats into curries. Always elevates the dish.

CI pork chops (raining and no covered patio) with gooseberry chutney. Mashed cauliflower, sautéed kale. Had to make up for my post this morning.

Name:	EA59686E-D1AE-4D4A-8333-FD90B7A92A52.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	979175

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            SheilaAnn I must congratulate you on your cooks. You have really stepped up your game, and pics, over the last few months. Well done!

• theroc
            theroc commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice! Good use of the CI while we're dealing with this badly-needed rain....

SVO London Broil... 24 hours at 132F. Served with balsamic roasted sweet onion and mushroom/zucchini. This was super tender, but a lot of juice came out of it, so seemed a bit dry. I salted it before vac packing and freezing. I think maybe the freeze and salt drew the moisture out. I'll try it next time without pre-salt. I just read an article that suggested adding baking soda to ground beef to keep moisture in the meat; they suggested rubbing it on steak as well. I wonder if baking soda on meat in sous vide would keep moisture in the meat... https://skillet.lifehacker.com/you-s...eat-1846103865

Name:	20210120_194457.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	979182Click image for larger version

Name:	20210120_194638.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	979183Click image for larger version

Name:	20210120_194957.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	979184Click image for larger version

Name:	20210120_195622.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	979185

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Hadn't seen one of those for a while. Well done!!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here