Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dessert I made the other day to take to a friend's house. First time making home made pudding, turned out yummy but did get a splatter that burned me petty good. 😒 Whip cream was homemade too. Banana pudding cups.
    Attached Files

Comment

• RustyHaines
      RustyHaines commented
      Editing a comment
      tamidw these look fantastic. I am not much a desert eater but when I am jonesin' for desert my favorite is a banana cream pie served at the local diner/pie emporium. Yours look like perfect single servings of what I hanker for. Any chance of getting the recipe? Thanks so much for the post and seriously tempting photos.

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones thanks! My burn is better and almost gone now.

RustyHaines thank you! Banana cream pie is a favorite for sure. Recipe can be found here: https://www.glorioustreats.com/banan...cream-dessert/ I pretty much followed it, but used a different homemade whipped cream recipe and used Nilla wafer crumbles rather than graham cracker as it states. Sorry, but for me, it wouldn't be the same without the Nilla wafers. 🙃

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I've printed the recipe, and plan to make it.

This is Mrs. Troutman’s first post. It’s one of her specialties, shrimp fried rice. Let me tell you it’s the bomb!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	E7281153-18D3-4D7F-A7D4-2E38000AC73C.jpeg
Views:	318
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	978201

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s dangerous! I usually end up overeating on fried rice!

Not bbq, but tasty. I recently started fermenting some cabbage for sauerkraut, but decided I didn't want to wait so I bought some more sauerkraut. Then it sat in my fridge for a week until I decided today that I needed to make a reuben so I bought some corned beef, Swiss cheese, russian dressing this morning. Lunchtime rolled around and I realized I didn't get any rye bread. I did have tortillas, so I figured I might as well try this out. Also had two slices of pastrami I threw in.

Name:	112.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	978209

Name:	111.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	978208

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Brilliant! I’ve recently seen a video somewhere of a breakfast burrito made the same way!

• jumbo7676
      jumbo7676 commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly I use mason jars and these - https://www.masontops.com/products/pickle-pipe. I am the only one in the house that eats it, so that's all I need for small batches.

• jumbo7676
      jumbo7676 commented
      Editing a comment
      Michael_in_TX RickyBobby These videos have been popping up all over, seems to be the latest online food trend. I figured it was worth trying. I liked it a lot. The thickness from multiple folds made for a much more substantial bite than a regular quesadilla.

Nothing fancy but it was really good. For a change of pace I made some Cajun Stuffed Bell Peppers. Instead of the usual hamburger meat, I use 1lb. of boudin (it’s actually a package of boudin without the casing) 1lb. of spicy ground pork sausage (browned) mixed with 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup. Hit it pretty good with a dusting of Tony C’s. Then stuffed it all inside the peppers. Topped the peppers, and all around them, with tomato sauce. Baked at 350 for an hour, last ten minutes added slices of cheddar cheese on top.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; January 23, 2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Good stuff! We do stuffed peppers as well, and use poblanos - its one way we are able to get the 16yo boy to eat stuffed peppers. I like the add of boudin as well!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys are killing me, poblano stuffed with boudain and spicy sausage is over the top!! I’m doin’ it !!!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Good deal Troutman I bet you’re gonna smoke em? Which I never thought of, always did em in the oven. I’ll bet that really puts em over the top! Can’t wait to see yer pics.

QVQ Chuck Roast.

Name:	Chuck - 2.jpeg
Views:	336
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	978274Click image for larger version

Name:	Chuck - 6.jpeg
Views:	317
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	978275Click image for larger version

Name:	Chuck - 4.jpeg
Views:	312
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	978276

Comment

• KabBBQ
      KabBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman I could not have done it without your imparted wisdom.

• BFlynn
      BFlynn commented
      Editing a comment
      What temp did you take that to?

You got much better bark than I did!

• KabBBQ
      KabBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      BFlynn 135 internal, cooked at 350-370.

Tandoori/Kashmiri chicken legs.....

Chicken legs dusted with salt, garam masala, kashmiri chili powder, coated with greek yogurt and ginger-garlic paste with a little lemon juice. Cooked over direct heat on a Weber Kettle, flipping every ten minutes until 175. Yum.

Name:	IMG-4458.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	978400

Name:	IMG-4459.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	978401

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I just think the pile of drums got to me.

• jhoskins
      jhoskins commented
      Editing a comment
      Yum. Indian food doesn't get a lot of love in the Pit, but man do I love me some Tandoori ANYTHING

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Wowza. I'd say more but I can't stop drooling long enough.

Kathryn

First attempt at QVQ medium rare chuck roast

Bark wasn't where I wanted, but its tasty and tender enough to cut with a spoon

Name:	IMG_20210122_181323.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	978406Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210122_180730.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	978404Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210122_180554.jpg
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	978405

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir, keep the love goin’

Haven’t been cooking much so easing my way back into the pit. Easy tri-tip, just brined, some Red Baron spice, smoked to 125, seared on the IR, and paired with a red wine finished in a bourbon barrel.
    Attached Files

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing wrong with any of that!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Tritip looks on point. Not too shabby for not cooking of late!! Just tell be your tackle is dry and your hooks are wet !!!

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman and my lines are tight

Tonight I broke out my new wok again for something special...first attempt at Pad Thai!

Pad Thai without mung sprouts (because I forgot to get those lol). It was really good, especially for a first stab at it. I was very pleased with the result. Crucially, my wife said it was delicious, and she's the most important critic

Sorry there's not more pictures, all of the ones I took during the cooking process were under terrible light & I didn't realize it
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BradNorthGA; January 22, 2021, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Straight up TACO TUESDAY on FRIYAY!!!!!

Tacos al Pastor with house made tortillas - and this time I made sure to bring the pineapple to the game! And, does it every make the dish! Rounds out the good bitterness of the adobo and punch of the onion so perfectly! Adobo sauce for the pork steaks is from the same recipe I posted for Birria Tacos last month - an easy meal to impress!

Name:	AEC103A3-4DCE-4227-A2B3-4E2E75362DA0.jpeg
Views:	294
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	978459

Name:	A0C55A66-98D0-4599-BF8A-71CBC20B6F76.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	978457

Name:	130ACE16-3247-4FFB-AE3C-E999C7389DAA.jpeg
Views:	336
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	978456

Name:	166834B8-F930-427D-964F-FE994962589D.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	978458

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m gaearing up for al pastor in my Taco Chronicles series. I’m gonna try a horizontal trompo with my rotisserie. Yours look excellent....TACOS FOR PRESIDENT!!!
      Last edited by Troutman; January 28, 2021, 08:07 AM.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman if you get the thrumbo to work out......that may push me to buy a rotisserie for my gasser. I have the rotisserie burner in the back, but don’t use it. I’d have the pastor and chicken that would make that rotisserie not a uni-cooker!

Can’t wait to see what you bring to the series!!!! YO QUIERO TACOS!!!!!!!!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh so perfect, from the get-go to the home stretch. Congrats.

Kathryn

Since it was 8 outside, I was definitely cookin inside. Didn’t’t have the heart to fire up my wok oven/pot. Did some Chinese long beans, stir-fries in two batches, then combined with sweetener, broth & ginger until water dissipated. Then Uncle Henry’s chicken & veggies. Called for broccoli & cauliflower, substituted snow peas with baby bok choy & bean paste. The long beans are sweet, which is why it is served on side of the chix mix. Click image for larger version

Name:	401CBF68-4405-40E8-93B5-907B257F063C.jpeg
Views:	329
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	978501Click image for larger version

Name:	FABAFDC9-7DE9-40A0-ABFF-B5980FA66F5D.jpeg
Views:	294
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	978503Click image for larger version

Name:	769C54D6-1822-420C-ABC4-ED32FC3D3BFF.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	978507Click image for larger version

Name:	DC4E61D8-4356-4F70-A7A9-84FAA69E625B.jpeg
Views:	296
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	978505Click image for larger version

Name:	EC327331-EA25-4D95-B083-19CC3DEC5496.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	978502Click image for larger version

Name:	399B5F64-E7BA-470C-8842-4A2A268C1AAA.jpeg
Views:	298
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	978504Click image for larger version

Name:	8DB729F2-B9E7-4503-B245-5964476A652F.jpeg
Views:	289
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	978506Click image for larger version

Name:	A03C06C3-419D-4563-BDAA-BE88F0E91185.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	978508

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never seen those kind of beans before...I see how they got their name. Do they test like green beans?

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      troymeister they do to me!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      The master at his craft. Beautiful job.

Kathryn

Today I broke in the new Slow 'N Sear Deluxe Kamado, in kamado mode, by dirtying up its pristine insides with a bunch of black sooty charcoal, a few chunks of wood, and an 8 pound boston butt and two slabs of SLS ribs.

Ribs were for dinner, with a slab leftover for the weekend. Pulled pork is to split tomorrow with my daughter who just got home today with her new baby (our first grandchild!).

Name:	IMG_4236.JPEG
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	978535Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4239.JPEG
Views:	279
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	978536Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4250.JPEG
Views:	281
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	978538Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4252.JPEG
Views:	266
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	978539Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4254.JPEG
Views:	274
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	978537

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman - I won it as the grand prize I selected this month in the January Giveaway. I'm very grateful, as I sure wouldn't have it in my backyard right now otherwise.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      You did a great job, especially with all the other things, exciting and mundane, filling your life during the length of the cook.

Kathryn

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris Your food looks delicious. as does the SNS Kamado. But, your grandchild will be the best, more delicious, smells better, tastes better, than anything we can cook. Congratulations to you, your daughter, your family. Enjoy.

I think this is more of a southern dish? Not sure. Served alot here in Virginia. I would be curious if this is a recipe on other parts of the country. Saturday morning breakfast. Sausage gravy with farm fresh ground sausage and homemade buttermilk biscuits. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      DavidNorcross By far my favorite breakfast ever! Served with soft scrambled eggs. Nice job!
      HawkerXP I thought SOS was chipped beef on toast? There is no way that this perfect dish is SOS 🤣

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Be sure, this is available here on the West coast. And oh, I need some of that! 😋

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      One of my favorite breakfast items with a fried egg on top!

Ribs were on the menu last night. Rubbed with Hank's KC Royal and salt 'cause ribs were a last minute decision. I added some Sweet Baby Ray's Original for the last half hour. Served with baked yellow potatoes and Brussel's sprouts.

Name:	20210122_173322[1].jpg
Views:	238
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	978616

Name:	20210122_173928[1].jpg
Views:	275
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	978617

For the sprouts, I save the leaves that come off, oil them, and add to the tray when the sprouts start to brown. Add a little salt and they make a tasty little treat once they crisp up.

Name:	20210122_173502[1].jpg
Views:	260
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	978618

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      We like our B sprouts on the crispy side as well.

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      used to live in the B-sprout capitol of the world, don’t miss em
      nice wibs !

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll eat steamed brussels, but not roasted. Nice ribs!

Wibs & B-sprouts, love em!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here