Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Browns!!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Go WINGS!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Gawd yes!!!

Sheila-quiles made with salsa verde and served with Santa Maria style pinquinto beans, OE egg, cotija cheese. Not shown fresh squeezed OJ from CSA oranges.

Click image for larger version  Name:	15A47D3B-4166-4810-8F38-24B86D903CAC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	244.8 KB ID:	975477

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Omg, Hilarious. Trademark that name. Looks bomb.

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      I see what you did there with the name.

And I love it.

I was just thinking about how nice some chilaquiles would be but didn't act on it when making our grocery list just a couple of hours ago. Oh well, there's always next week.

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      They are called Sheila-quiles because I use salsa verde instead of traditional red sauce. I used super think chips and you could just see the salsa being absorbed! Definitely stick to your ribs. I’m still full!

Got a pizza stone for a belated Christmas present recently, so here's my first ever attempt at pizza on the Big Green Egg. I've never done this before, I have no idea what I'm doing aside from reading articles and watching videos. So I was surprised at how well it turned out! It's pretty rough looking but it tasted better than it looked. I was really pleased with it, much better than any frozen pizza

Definitely going to be doing more of this. since this was my first time and I didn't know if it would turn out okay, I used store-bought dough. Next time I think I'm going to make my own dough with the recipes on this site
    Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Good job Brad! You’re really taking off here at AR.

• BradNorthGA
      BradNorthGA commented
      Editing a comment
      I like this place a lot! I'm learning a lot here and also I like taking pictures of my food lol

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m no photographer so mine always taste better than they look. Grilled pizza is so darn good. Looking forward to following your successes.

glitchy "upside down" fajitas, onions and shrooms.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210117_151831.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	975544

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you’re gonna show finished pics. That looks good!

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John twas too busy eating. Use your imagination.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod, we need to make a new rule. No pre cook pics allowed...without the finished product.

Bacon smash burgers on the SnS plancha. Minced onion and garlic with some Italian seasoning mixed in the beef. Salt and pepper.

Name:	20210117_171714.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	975579Click image for larger version

Name:	20210117_172957.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	975580

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, I got one of those planchas from SnS. What is 5he maintenance on seasoning long term?

• Zman23
      Zman23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz I've treated it like my cast iron pans. Rub some cooking oil on it and heat it. So far so good

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      All on the grill, the seasoning and cleaning that is.
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; January 18, 2021, 08:04 PM.

Went healthier than usual tonight. Started with my usual pasta in lemon cream sauce with fresh basil and tomatoes. Used another Meyer lemon and CSA tomatoes instead of grape tomatoes. But then topped with some sauteed shrimp. Will definitely do again.

Name:	2021-01-17 18.05.38-1.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	975596

Comment

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Very tasty looking!

Name:	4466D07C-DAD5-41F1-87BA-04417E13CB61.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	975602Click image for larger version

Name:	26182AE5-75D8-4C13-90E3-80B0A5A0BCAF.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	975604Click image for larger version

Name:	570297ED-2ACF-4CE9-9583-D2DA9F8B2A27.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	975605Click image for larger version

Name:	17AAE300-23A0-415B-A820-7DB1F04C6892.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	975603 Here’s the follow up on my post from this morning when I put the ribs on. A 3 pack of baby backs from Costco. Hit with a Memphis style rub. Very close to MMD. Smoked on the Recteq RT-700 then one coat of Sweet Baby Ray’s to finish. Turned out just like we like them.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      They look great!

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

Sunday Project. Had just under 5# chicken bones in the freezer supplemented with a pound of chicken feet. Decided to roast the bones this time (inspired by Ernest the other week, though not as deep in color as his). 4 quarts and about a half cup of schmaltz is the result. I tasted it and my first thought was that all this stock needs is a matzo ball!

Name:	7FDF6C6C-C11F-43D4-B6B8-8A1397E77E49.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	975615

Comment

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely love chicken feet for making broth. Then there is the added bonus of picking on them when the broth is done!

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta almost burn those bones. I can see the viscosity, that turned out pretty good

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      They's No Place like Schmaltz

Fine Job, Sister!

Wife & I made supper together tonight. Yellow squash, potato crisps, and seared tuna steak with homemade herb butter

For searing the tuna steak I used a chimney starter with a very small cast iron grill grate on top of it. Seems like a really good way of searing small stuff. The other day I watched a video of Meathead cooking some thin steaks that way, looked really good. Next time I'm at Kroger I may pick up one of their thin steaks and try it out
    Attached Files

Comment

Name:	7CA4924E-A900-4425-9FFD-C0775427BEFA.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	975654 Best part of the Costco rib three pack.
      Leftovers!

Comment

Did a sirloin roast with Brussel sprouts. Stuck to a very simple salt pepper garlic onion rosemary prep. Didn’t post sear it either. Wanted to keep the thru temp consistent. Was my first time smoking a sirloin roast. So, got some good notes for next time. Would love pointers from the pit.
        Attached Files

Comment

• BradNorthGA
          BradNorthGA commented
          Editing a comment
          Those brussel sprouts look perfect, how did you do them

• Dtax
          Dtax commented
          Editing a comment
          BradNorthGA - thank you - very simple - tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cooked on the gas grill over medium heat in a weber veggie tray. happy grilling!

Smoked a chuck roast and used it to make Smoked Beef Stew Click image for larger version

Name:	20210116_151550.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	975697Click image for larger version

Name:	20210116_173959.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	975696

Comment

Gumbo. I probably drank a whole bottle of vodka while tending to the roux LOL. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210117_235822832.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	975725Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210116_031657867.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	975726

Comment

• BFlynn
            BFlynn commented
            Editing a comment
            I completely cheat and make my roux in the crock pot. You don't have to tend it at all that way.
            You can still polish off a bottle of your favorite beverage.

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            BFlynn and toasting the flour in the oven works as well but I find shortcuts very boring LOL

• tamidw
            tamidw commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks amazing. I'm always up for a bowl of gumbo. Need to learn to make it.

I cooked some bacon wrapped ribs Saturday for the kids.

Name:	F31B3EE6-BB85-4718-95A8-22AB24552324.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	975753Click image for larger version

Name:	6C808A7F-37F7-47EF-964C-DE4C3C8BA435.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	975752

Then tonight the wife said she would like some smoked sausage. So we had some pork, beef and turkey sausages with some creamed spinach.

Name:	7EC563E6-AB1C-41B3-A765-77859A7EB0AF.jpeg
Views:	302
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	975751

Comment

• BFlynn
            BFlynn commented
            Editing a comment
            whoa! Bacon wrapped ribs........ {drool}

barelfly Thanks to you for the rao’s lemon chicken recipe. Paired with roasted potatoes with the aforementioned schmaltz and roasted broccoli and purple carrots.

PSA: when peeling/ prepping purple potatoes, use gloves. My left hand is still stained!

Name:	8793F5B2-8D24-4734-9898-C80EE651D15C.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	975770

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent! How did you like it! That’s amped up using the schmaltz!

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            barelfly it was delicious! Definitely a keeper recipe. I’m going to work it into Paprika app.

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            And leftovers did not disappoint! Warmed it slowly, then hit the broiler to recrisp the skin.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here