Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had another good night at the sauna last night. The Sauna was running at 195 F and the spring creek was running at 36 F, perfect combo of hot and cold! I was on the road all day and it felt good to soak and have a good salty meal after a few Sauna cycles.

The Lodge SPG is a perfect grill for it. I simply shovel some coals out of the sauna stove and let it rip. I grilled up some bone-in chops, Kielbasa and broccoli. Gott love that live fire. Dried elm works great for the sauna and grilling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0454.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	970343 ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s It I’m buying one of those, I keep saying at the store and I keep passing it by but I’ll get it. Nice little cook bro!!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

You will love it! Troutman

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah buddy!

Click image for larger version  Name:	C5B6D76D-1542-455B-8B95-5272819386D5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.55 MB ID:	970346 Did a mesquite grilled ham steak, rubbed with Big Moe Cason’s pork rub, and some jalapeño poppers. Turned out great. Click image for larger version  Name:	E83F00D9-F82B-4D5A-B677-DE8B164D219E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.29 MB ID:	970345 Had a side of Bob Evans Mac and cheese, which no one cares about seeing. Very complex cook, which few can accomplish. 😂
    Last edited by Panhead John; January 8, 2021, 09:08 AM. Reason: Bob Evans is good Mac and cheese. Wanted to clarify.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      BE Mac n cheese? Don't care about it? Ha! A MUST in my fridge. In stock at all times.
      My favorite BBQ side dish.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Jfrosty27 fzxdoc Yeah, I love that B.E. Mac and Cheese and I should have been a little more clear about my statement. I should have said "Which no one cares about seeing it". It is my favorite Mac and Cheese along with Patti Labelle’s.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice pics too! Well done sir.

Tough competition in the Asian catagory tonight, but here's my beef, peppers, and onions stir fry:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210107_181244[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	970348

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great!

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks really good!

Hotsmoked peppersalmon and tatersalad..

Name:	16101079058598217907579286240474.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	970419

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      My Norwegian descended spouse's favorite foods: Potatoes and salmon! It must be genetic. What a refreshing looking meal!

Pork Chop Thursday. That’s a thing.. no? Salt n props only. On my finest China of course. (Pork Chops Courtesy of BlackBox Meats.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	50CBDD8C-4057-4472-AEF7-85A560CE3049.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.00 MB ID:	970512

Click image for larger version  Name:	712AA0A4-BAB2-49A7-B0C8-292F86EABAD8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.23 MB ID:	970511

Click image for larger version  Name:	6860048D-8462-4A96-B35B-68C8CD8E6014.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.17 MB ID:	970510

Click image for larger version  Name:	90A8992C-34A4-4C43-923F-80558B62FAE5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.53 MB ID:	970515

Click image for larger version  Name:	3B6D0ABD-3B1A-4701-9D92-D75F1F4D0A23.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.29 MB ID:	970513

Click image for larger version  Name:	1640141F-4CFF-4B30-A725-926A3012004E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.46 MB ID:	970514

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, those look like the perfect combination of juiciness, tenderness, and crunch. Also, nice series of photos leading up to the final result.
      Last edited by Dr. Pepper; January 8, 2021, 04:10 PM.

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      My mouth just started watering and my stomach just growled. Wow.

• Big Ed
      Big Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      These chops look absolutely amazing!! Great work chef.

Did some stuffed peppers last night. Time management got the best of me so they finished in the oven instead of the grill, but they were tasty anyway.

Name:	2021-01-07 17.55.02.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	970590

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      A favorite at our house. Looking great!

Katz's Deli meets Colorado Mule Deer - Having an abundance of venison in the freezer that we harvested from our land, dry aged and butchered right here at home we have the opportunity to cut & package up the meat to meet our needs. Venison roasts are OK but we decided we needed a taste of NY deli here at 8,000'. So, thanks to Meathead's Corned Beef and Pastrami recipes we put a 1.5 lb hunk of venison sirloin in the bath for 5 days then a day in plain water to desalinate then an additional 2 days chillin' in the fridge with the pastrami rub. Then onto the WSM with apple wood for a mellow smoke for about 2.5 hours to achieve an internal temp of 150. My sweetie picked up a loaf of seeded rye and made up some russian dressing... Wow, who knew venison pastrami could transport you to Lower Manhattan with a single bite. I just pulled another package out of the freezer so we can start a 2nd batch. If you are tired of the basic venison roast you gotta try making a pastrami.

I was so excited I forgot to take a picture before I took it off the smoker but I got it at the slicer.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TnzoFlavr; January 8, 2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Stuey1515
      Stuey1515 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good to me, love me some pastrami

• shify
      shify commented
      Editing a comment
      Great stuff. I’ll trade you some of my porkstrami for your venistrami!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent idea. As much as I cook I am squeamish with blood n guts. I’m a sissy. That’s awesome they way you eat. 8,000’ wow!

I make pizzas and pizza dough related foods a lot. My last stone met its demise a couple months back and I have been contemplating a steel. I got a Nerd Chef steel that's great. I must have bought it at the right time, as I paid $79 for it and it's now $99, crazy. Anyway, this thing cooked up a great pizza for its first use. The dough was a 24 hr ferment with 70% hydration. Only one photo of the pie, but it was great. This thing really puffed up the dough more than I had imagined.

Name:	Steel.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	970763

Comment

Thai Garlic-Lime Grilled Pork Tenderloin Steaks. Grilled on the WSCG.
      Attached Files

Comment

I decided to try making pizza from scratch. Turned out really well! Just should have rolled it out thinner. I will definitely be trying this again.
        Attached Files

Comment

Smash burgers using my 12" Misen carbon steel pan:

Name:	smash1.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	970819

Name:	smash2.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	970818

Comment

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            I love the burger, and I love my Misen carbon steel pan!

SVO pork loin chop. This was stored vac packed in freezer pre-seasoned with Hank's KC Royale rub. This was my first use of KC Royale and it is a perfect blend of sweet and savory; I can't wait to try this on some pork ribs.
          So, these went into the 140 degree sous vide bath completely frozen and bathed in there for about 3 hours. Then they were seared on Ooni cast iron "Grizzler" plate inside of Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven. Great way to do these!
          Barbecue Recipes Here you will find a ton of recipes. Looking for a particular category? Jump directly to pork, beef, vegetarian or seafood, to name a few. Featured Content We’ve got some good stuff for you. Learn new techniques, check out DIY builds, different ways of flavoring foods. Caveman grilling, or caveman style grilling, is […]

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210108_191916.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	970875Click image for larger version  Name:	20210108_192003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	970876
          Last edited by treesmacker; January 8, 2021, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks really good!

Great looking cook!
          +1 for Hanks KC Rub. I love it for ribs.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Love Hanks!!

Cashew chicken tonight!
          Attached Files

Comment

My grocery store had some SRF bavette on sale. I went looking for skirt steak for tacos, but couldn’t resist these. SRF bavette has gotta be one of my favorite cuts of beef! This thing practically deep fried in its own rendered fat! No pics of the tacos, just this beautiful sear .

Name:	A53C50C4-1CC7-4A4F-BBF1-BD5044176A84.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	970913Click image for larger version

Name:	19AE0081-17AE-47E2-BE73-C3B8ED5713FB.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	970914

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Bavette!
              Bavette!
              Bavette!

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Gorgeous, pure and simple.

Kathryn

• Old Glory
              Old Glory commented
              Editing a comment
              Bavette is amazing

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here