Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duroc Pork butt on the MAK.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Yum! Looks like you and that New MAK are getting to know each other real well glitchy .

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      The General has hit her stride. Looks great.

Kathryn

I give you blackened salmon and garlic-butter peas.

The salmon is a little underdone from where I like it.....I've got to get that pan hotter. I did try a little something different on the salmon. I've read that brushing the salmon with a thin layer of melted butter before applying the blackening seasoning will help the seasoning, well, blacken, due to something about how milk solids cook. I think there might be some truth to that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4601.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1003290

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      A MR salmon never offends over here.... I used to think it was taboo. But you get quality fish, you can go to M or MR.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      You give it & I’ll take it!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      The solution: Sous vide then seared or lightly broiled. Perfect every time.

Kathryn

Did a steak and cheese on Lodge C. I. griddle. Peppers and onions, threw in a jalapeño, salt pepper and drizzled grapeseed oil. Sharp Cheddar, smoked for the steak. Made extra. Going to add to omlet. On a Wegmans caraway seed kaiser roll. Oh that's mashed potato for a side.

Name:	20210313_194132.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	1003296

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a very tasty sandwich. Has a Philly vibe going there.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in on that sammy

Grilled Leg of Lamb, hasselback waffle potatoes, grilled asparagus:

Name:	IMG-6323.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	1003299

Butchered the boneless LoL into grillable pieces:

Name:	IMG-6258.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1003304

On the grill for the smoke/heatup (Dolly rub, not made into paste):

Name:	IMG-6299.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	1003300

Seared:

Name:	IMG-6306.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1003302

Done:

Name:	IMG-6308.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1003303
    Cut up:

Name:	IMG-6315.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1003301

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      That came out nice!

Here’s the Flannery Beef 34oz dry-aged porterhouse steak I bought a couple of weeks ago. 2" thick.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Porterhouse1.JPG Views:	17 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	1003323
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Porterhouse2.JPG Views:	17 Size:	1.54 MB ID:	1003324

Rubbed with Oakridge BBQ Carne Crosta Steakhouse Rub.then on the Yoder at 220°F with Mesquite pellets and an Amazn smoke tube until 110°F IT 2 hours later.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Porterhouse3.JPG Views:	17 Size:	2.29 MB ID:	1003325

Rested 15 minutes then into a CI pan to sear, basting with butter, smashed garlic, and thyme to 135°F.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Porterhouse4.JPG Views:	17 Size:	2.91 MB ID:	1003326

Sliced and served up with mashed yellow potatoes. Needed something green on the plate…..so I had a straw handy!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Porterhouse5.JPG Views:	17 Size:	2.73 MB ID:	1003327
    Excellent piece of meat. The fillet side was fork tender. I don't think I will use the smoker next time. I like the results, visually, doing it all on the grill better. Not complaining though.
    Last edited by ofelles; March 13, 2021, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      looks great. For me its a 3K trip. How did it come? Frozen, if so how dry ice? How long to get from order to received? if something is not right, how is their customer service? I'm sure I could muddle through the web site. and i will but any quick tidbits would be appreciated.

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      i just noticed the green comment. Other than peas, no green on my plate. And they get mixed into the tators.

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      RichieB I'm only about 50 mile away so it was $10 overnight and fresh not frozen. If I remember correctly they will ship frozen. It was the 1st order from them. Ordered 2/27 arrived 3/4. I will be ordering again.

Cardamom curried chicken.

Name:	IMG_20210313_212910_723.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1003335

Comment

Smoked a couple of SRF corned beefs I picked up at the grocery store. Rubbed with Meatheads pastrami rub. Served with air fryer potatoes and sautéed cabbage for a twist on a St Patrick’s Day meal.

Name:	1507B4A8-F15B-487C-AA5D-E24D75707648.jpeg
Views:	366
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1003346Click image for larger version

Name:	543A21C2-876B-4B67-B22D-CD196CD8905F.jpeg
Views:	317
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	1003349Click image for larger version

Name:	8F4E799A-BF47-4488-B6DC-A613E75FF000.jpeg
Views:	318
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	1003348Click image for larger version

Name:	6A5ED2D5-F199-4662-97A2-A9FA3DE16D41.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	1003347

Comment

Had a half of a pork loin roast in the freezer that I had cooked sous vide a few weeks ago. Warmed it back up with a few hours at 130F in the water bath, then seared it on the weber gasser. Served it with risotto with mushrooms and the first fava beans from the garden, along with some brocollini.

We were very pleasantly surprised how tender and moist the roast was even after a few weeks in the freezer.

Name:	PXL_20210314_024733671.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	1003354

Comment

Ribs, sausage, and a smoked slaw.

Name:	Resizer_16157064771243.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	342.7 KB
ID:	1003393

Name:	Resizer_16157064771242.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	418.2 KB
ID:	1003391

Name:	Resizer_16157064771240.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	428.5 KB
ID:	1003392

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          That cutting board first photo! Ready to pick up a piece of meat.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Everyone was so ready to pick up the meat I didn't even get a shot of the full rack and spiral 😂

Brisket and Beef Ribs for Tacos! This is my favorite thing to do with brisket and beef ribs. Especially up at the cabin, nothing brings people together like this meal.

Name:	IMG_1193.jpeg
Views:	326
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	1003422

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! That is my Walnut and Oak cutting board. I don't use oak much anymore for wood working, but I do love this board. Richard Chrz

Nope, I ran the Weber Kettle yesterday. The snake method works really well for set and forget. We had a spring cleaning day in the shop yesterday, so I had no time to baby sit. I did not have my PBC up here with my, otherwise that would have been the rig of choice. HawkerXP

• MeatMonster
          MeatMonster commented
          Editing a comment
          Man you've nailed that.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I think you may need to try this at your spot! MeatMonster

Sunday Skillet 🍳 🌿

(I preheated the skillet on the direct side of the grill, and transferred to the indirect side for the remainder of the cook)
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks so appetizing. Beautiful presentation.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Splendiferous!

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          I love to see a well used cast iron skillet. It's heart warming

Sous-Vide-Que Angus Flank Steak. Sous vide at 130F/90 minutes, flash chilled, smoked at 250F with hickory until 120F IT, then seared on a cast iron DNG at 650F. Perfect medium rare, served with a chimichurri board sauce.

Name:	IMG_5560.jpeg
Views:	339
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1003508Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5559.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1003509Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5561.jpeg
Views:	296
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1003510

Comment

Smoked a pork butt on the Kong yesterday for some pulled pork sliders. Smothered with some VeteransQ Gold sauce.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sunnys on rye with an avocado schmear that has that Jacobsen Black Garlic Salt mixed in. I need Attjack to mix me up one of his Bloody Mary’s! However, the fresh squeezed OJ from the tree is delicious!

Name:	E38DAC48-A614-4A38-8FA2-A9A24F051C8B.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	1003603

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks delicious.

• theroc
              theroc commented
              Editing a comment
              Perfect way to start the day

Another round of pulled pork, soooooo good always a hit
            Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks Tasty, Brother!

Whatcha usin fer sauce, up in there???

• BradNorthGA
              BradNorthGA commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr. Bones that is a bottle of BBQ sauce from a BBQ joint here in Georgia

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              NIce! Whip up some pulled pork tacos with that stuff......if those samies ever get old.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here