Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked this topside for a friends Christmas lunch used cow crust.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201224_110927.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	962993

Name:	20201224_135352.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	962994

This today to supplement the left over salads from yesterday.

Name:	20201226_165646.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	962995

Name:	20201226_171812.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	962996

Name:	20201226_172628.jpg
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	962997

Comment

Got some leftover mashed potatoes. Whipping up some gnocchi with porchini powder Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201226_194551130.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	963078

Comment

My first Tartine loaf in several months. Best seats I've ever produced. Will show the crumb later of it's worthy. The loaf is still cooling. I was forced into an overnight rise, which I've never done before. I hope it doesn't change the flavor too much.

Name:	PXL_20201226_190952893-01.jpeg
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	963085

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Dewesq55 An overnight rise will only improve the flavor IMHO... if the top is any indication, the crumb will be A++

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn - We are not big fans of the sour taste in our bread, which had been one of the biggest benefits of doing the Tartine country loaf and baking the same day as the fermentation. I finally cut the loaf and the crumb is fine, but the taste of more sour than I prefer. I'm still gonna eat it though 😁🍞
          Last edited by Dewesq55; December 26, 2020, 06:32 PM.

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Dewesq55 totally understand. I must have pizza dough on the brain in thinking overnight (a la Reinhardt). Nothing beats a great loaf!

Gnocchi. I like my gnocchi the way I like them.....non-traditional

Name:	PXL_20201226_200218822.PORTRAIT.jpg
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	963160

Comment

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn crispy clouds

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          crispy clouds....what’s the sauce on these, Ernest? Doesn’t look like brown butter sage, but they look gooooood.

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          barelfly olive oil, anchovies and roasted garlic

I gotta say, in my 5 months that I’ve been here I don’t remember a better looking stretch of pictures. The last 2 days have been one mind blowing cook after another! And beautiful pictures as well. Most all of them look like magazine material.......(Cept for one last night😂) These Christmas Cooks were really first rate stuff. Anyway I’d just like to congratulate y’all for a lot of 5 star material here. Y’all done good!
        Last edited by Panhead John; December 26, 2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

My Christmas Day prime rib. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2521.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	963225Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2526.jpeg
Views:	265
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	963226
          Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Unbelievable for a first post!!

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Way to show up and show out!

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Sir, we are ready for blastoff.

Panhead John I need to echo what John said. One Amazing cook after the other. I have not posted anything for a while. I have been cooking, but I just didn’t feel like I had the goods so to speak. I have been in a bit of a slump I guess. Need to shake that off and get going!

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            You haven’t been in a slump. The photos are getting intimidating sometimes. My taco post should make you feel ok to show off.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            tbob4 😂 Feel the same way about my chicken and Mac. 😂

• tamidw
            tamidw commented
            Editing a comment
            The cooks have been outstanding and simply scrumptious looking. I pale in comparison on what I cook. Many times it's hit or miss. All of you are spot on! Even @Panhead John's chicken and mac!

Live fire salt n pepper pork ribs.by the pool..
          Attached Files

Comment

finished product
            Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              It looks like someone with the fork is trying to steal that slab of ribs and you’re trying to stop em. 😆

• Ahumadora
              Ahumadora commented
              Editing a comment
              correct. Trying to get a photo for y'all and my wife nearly ended up in the pool. One of the best rack of ribs I have cooked to date.

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m always left with so many questions when I see your cooks. Again, just awesome.

I just started a new post. Show Us What You Got For Christmas...I’m hijacking this thread to advertise the new post! Post pics of your Christmas Haul! Thanks, now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Comment

Left over Beef Dino ribs, so, decided to take advantage of the opportunity to try it out in a chili.

Name:	1FB597B9-4A98-4490-B34B-688CBDAB93A2.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	963292

Comment

Wife is out of town right now so I've been left to fend for myself, also it's been raining today so using the Big Green Egg to barbecue hasn't been an option.

So I kept it simple -- baked a chicken breast in the oven with a rub that somebody gave me for Christmas and also made some fried rice, with my brand new cast iron wok that I also got for Christmas

It wasn't half bad, me and the dog both loved it!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by BradNorthGA; December 26, 2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

14 pound standing rib roast. Smoked over charcoal and apple wood using the rotisserie in my 22 Weber. Cooked 3.5 hours at ~250 degrees. It was snowing pretty good making temperature regulation a bit of a challenge.

First time using the rotisserie. Santa brought it Christmas morning, and I didn’t want to miss the opportunity. Didn’t see much advice for this set up with prime rib, so for whatever it’s worth, here is what I did:

I dry brined the meat for 2 days. Salt, pepper, garlic. Bones removed and tied. Loaded up the charcoal on each side of the grill. Temp was 350 when meat went on. Dropped to 250 for an hour. Then briefly to 100 (whoops). Added coals roughly once an hour and for the most part maintained 250. Thew a chunk of apple wood in at the beginning. It was definitely not over smoked, but close with the end bites. Next time no wood, just charcoal. Pulled it at about 130 degrees, and rested for about 15 minutes. It was a beautiful medium-rare to medium through out. Pictures don’t do it justice.

Best cook I’ve ever gotten on a rib roast. Could cut it with a butter knife. Killer crust. Minimal
                  gray layer. I’m no expert, but if you have the toys, give this a whirl.

Merry Christmas!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                    Jfrosty27 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup. That’s a winner.

• tbob4
                    tbob4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wonderful

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beautiful

We did a deboned turkey yesterday our first one and it turned out very good, we will do this again. The Turkey was deboned, stuffed then rolled and cooked we got the idea from Chief John. I wanted to smoke it but SWMBO said no.

Name:	AC795988-B9FF-45C2-A5B8-0C3F000B3419.jpeg
Views:	230
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	963378Click image for larger version

Name:	EA6AC2CE-A718-460F-A231-0658C07B0A9B.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	963377

Comment

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That looks really good! But in order to maintain a successful marriage....take it from old PJ here. Never give in to the wife and just do whatever the hell you want. 😂

Matt vs. the Tamales, round 1:

Name:	62C9139C-77C4-4C12-A323-41BE9183DDBE.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	963386

I really need a bigger tamale pot. I've still got half the masa left.

Comment

• barelfly
                    barelfly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ll take 2 dozen And......whoever draws you for SS next year!!!!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here