Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Man
    commented on 's reply
    SheilaAnn I see whole bavettes (flap meat) in the 5-8 pound range. Here’s a web site that says the average weight is 8 pounds. There’s a lot of trimming for a whole bavette and my grocery store regularly has really well trimmed pieces for the same price as whole ones. I’ve bought some whole bavettes and they just weren’t worth the trouble over the trimmed smaller pieces.
    Last edited by Red Man; March 18, 2021, 12:37 AM.

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    Because Ernest

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    Those are the biggest bavettes I have ever seen! Are you sure they are what they say they are? Not disrespecting....but dang!

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    gboss great looking meal!
    "Sauce"put it over the top!

• latenight71
    replied
    I had some buttermilk that needed finishing off so i made up what my family has always called "Grandma's chocolate cake." It has been our go to birthday or any event cake or cupcakes all my life. my grandmother used to watch her mother make this as a dump cake using handfuls and pinches rather than a measuring cup and she eventually learned it and estimated the amounts to write out the recipe. It's actually very similar to the Hershey's chocolate cocoa cake recipe but uses buttermilk instead of milk and no vanilla extract (likely because this was what was and wasn't available in rural South Dakota). The cake is so dense yet fluffy and mosit. My sister makes it with grandma's cream cheese frosting - using the frosting as a filling in cupcakes. It's insane good. I'll post up the recipe in the dessert thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210317_165004285.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1005129

Name:	IMG_20210317_165344096.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1005130

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Dr. Pepper that is sour cream. I love sour cream on potatoes, so it is a no brainer on fries, also properly seasoned Mayo works too.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, like the style change here.

• Dr. Pepper
    commented on 's reply
    The fries caught my eye! And, what's in the blue cup? Whipping cream for the chili dogs?
    (Everything tastes better with whipping cream, verdad?)

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Wow! That looks incredible

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Haha! Love it. Especially seeing this today!

• Ernest
    replied
    Porcini powder risotto and beef short ribs

Name:	PXL_20210318_032319994.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	1005107

Leave a comment:

• Red Man
    replied
    SRF bavette is probably my favorite steak. I can’t resist when I see them in the grocery store.

Name:	F5CC878D-35A9-4881-89BB-C868EE3291B7.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	1005101Click image for larger version

Name:	6C32F979-F1DF-4438-95C0-9C39F27D69F6.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	1005104Click image for larger version

Name:	E6E568E3-54EE-4854-AEA3-0BA770DC065D.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1005102Click image for larger version

Name:	7A2BE55E-0718-466A-A18B-24F4C8EE9041.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	1005103

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack I’m pretty certain, you cut yourself 10 different variations in thickness, I would buy one that is readily available to you, as fat contents & textures would matter. You will
    find one that works, enough heat, especially on the outer rim (or so I would guess).
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; March 17, 2021, 10:12 PM.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack I’ve found this pepperoni usually near the regular lunch meat area of Kroger and Walmart, not their deli area. It’s been on a freestanding rack with the other sliced pepperoni and salamis in a package. You could ask someone in the meat area if they carry it or not. Worth a shot.
    Last edited by Panhead John; March 17, 2021, 09:34 PM.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I've been buying pepperoni from the deli I frequent. Unfortunately it's the large sandwich style. I do have a few different torches though so I might give you suggestion a shot.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here