Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking - Vol 19 - Fall 2020 part II

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those wondering what to do with left over brisket here is an idea:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220_123201.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	959747
    Burnt ends omelet with swiss cheese!

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah!

Early Xmas dinner with 1 Daughter and 1 Granddaughter (damn 2020!) Only got a could of pics, to busy enjoying myself.
    Spicy Creole Shrimp Dip with Ritz crackers

20# bone in double smoked ham from Compart Family farms with a Sarsaparilla Baste On the Yoder with pecan/cherry pellets @ 200°F for 2 hours then 275°F until pulled at140°FIT

Name:	IMG_0650.JPG
Views:	440
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	959760
    Browned butter and Green onion mashed potatoes
    Asparagus and mushroom gratin
    French silk pie with Vanilla wafer crust.

Name:	IMG_0647.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	959761

Comment

A little snack to go along with some football. It's jalapeño popper in reverse. It's the filling I do for poppers. Instead of filling it's baked in a casserole. so it is onion and chive cream cheese spread, pepperoni, scallions and jalapeno. Chopped in food processor. Add cream cheese soften to room temp, and puree. Spread in casserole. Add a sliced pepper. Baked at 350 for about 40 minutes.
    Beer and some chips.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201220_163319.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.25 MB ID:	959792
    Last edited by RichieB; December 20, 2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      I could / would eat that all day.

Busy day at the BKYDBBQ world headquarters...started the day off and the 20% chance of rain was 100% chance until about 11am so I was way behind schedule...smoked a butt for a coworkers Christmas present. Also, smoked a piece of Canadian bacon that has been curing for over a week and some Pig Shots. Also made some of my BBQ rubbed peanuts and a batch of my BBQ sauce (no picture) for Christmas presents...

The PBC got a good workout...

Name:	IMG_1982.JPEG
Views:	383
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	959838

Name:	IMG_1978.JPEG
Views:	379
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	959837

Name:	IMG_1988.JPEG
Views:	386
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	959839

Name:	IMG_1986.JPEG
Views:	447
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	959836

Name:	IMG_1987.JPEG
Views:	387
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	959840

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh those peanuts are good!

PBC, PBC, PBC!

30 lbs of Venison Jalapeno Cheddar Snack Stix - this is half of the batch because there wasn't enough room in the KBQ for all 30 lbs. This was my first time using collagen casings, very forgiving but I learned that there must be a water pan in the smoker or the casings will be tough. Next time I plan to cut the salt by 15-20% but they are still very good:

Name:	snack_stix3.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	959867

Click image for larger version  Name:	snack_stix4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.86 MB ID:	959866

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that looks good

I smoked a chuckie today so I could make nachos:

Name:	20201220_180534[1].jpg
Views:	294
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	959873

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I was surprised you were able to roll it up in this damp weather.

King crab leg boil today. We are in a food coma right about now

Name:	20201220_184043.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	959903

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      There ya go klflowers Stealin my damn home decor ideas again! Y’all probably never even used paper plates till I got here.
      Last edited by Panhead John; December 20, 2020, 08:25 PM.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John when I heard such a renowned designer such as yourself had joined the pit, I immediately started stalking you to steal plating tips. There, I admit it. My wife begged me not to but I couldn't resist

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I keep passing those by in Costco thinking I'll make some soon. Soon needs to be now !!!!

Today I smoked some ribs that my dad had brought over the other day, with some cucumber and tomato salad on the side. Then I packed up some of the finished ribs to take over to my dad's house, the least I can do since he was the one that gave him to us in the first place

They were great!
    Attached Files

Comment

Gongbao jiding, a/k/a Kung Pao Chicken with Peanuts. This is the authentic Sichuanese version from Fuschia Dunlop's "The Food of Sichuan." I must say, it was amazingly delicious, not because of the cook, but because of the recipe. I should mention that I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to cooking so I have basically all of the authentic Chinese Ingredients needed which probably helps. The chili peppers were from our garden from summer 2018, which had been dried.

The side dish was Stir-fried Baby Bok Choy with Oyster Sauce. All served with jasmine rice.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20201221_021129440-01.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.39 MB ID:	959939Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20201221_021137813-01.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.24 MB ID:	959940Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20201221_021433248-01.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	3.39 MB ID:	959941
      Last edited by Dewesq55; December 20, 2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        barelfly - I just accidentally discovered that there is a GF premium oyster sauce available on line from an e-tailer I haven't used. I haven't tried the oyster but their products I have bought have been off consistently high quality with fast order fulfillment. They do charge for shipping, though. The site is Mala Market. The link below should take you to the oyster sauce

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Dewesq55 thank you! This is outstanding! Thank you so much for providing this link/resource! Appreciate it!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Superb dish, presentation and photos !! Bravo !!!

Wife baked Christmas cookies, I made 21 pounds of Christmas bacon. Unfortunately won't be smoked until after Christmas. The thinnest slabs will be fully cured in the evening of the 24th and the rest will be cured on the 26 and 27th. I'll be smoking most of it on the 26th.
      Attached Files

Comment

From here on out, I will be posting my cooking pics without words, like Ernest does sometimes. My outstanding and award winning cooks usually need no description anyway.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Panhead John; December 20, 2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I am devastated by some of y’all’s snarky comments. Huskee told us not to make degrading remarks about folk’s cooking here. Anymore of this tomfoolery and I will have to report you.
          Last edited by Panhead John; December 22, 2020, 04:44 AM.

• Towering Inferno
          Towering Inferno commented
          Editing a comment
          You have a perfect and classic combo going John. Envious.

• Clark
          Clark commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John What is that?

No words it didn't happen.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn man! Now y’all are really getting picky! I thought it was just " no pics it didn’t happen"
          Last edited by Panhead John; December 20, 2020, 09:56 PM.

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          The cook looks fantastic. I thought we needed words with the cook unless your name is Ernest. I am not worthy of his cooks. Pictures are all we need. For me as a bottom feeder, if I do not add words my work is not worthy.

OK folks - it's time to make your new posts in the Winter Thread.

Comment

Huskee - is it time to lock this thread?

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I cleaned 'em up, thank for the mention.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here