Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Quite Show Us What You're Cooking - A Spoof of SUWYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What my steaks looked like before joining here.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	F1ABC1BC-B886-4080-8D47-30BF32DF9EA2.jpeg
Views:	908
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	966174

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Look at those grill marks., and that black mold

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Volumes could be written of this culinary catastrophe. It has been awhile since I visited this display of ……..of…..talk about indescribable! The crowning achievement now is Richard’s big Ol’ grin on his new avatar AND his wife congratulating him on his achievement. Priceless!
      This needs its own channel!

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan I honestly thought it was a piece of fish before I saw the word "steak". Dang. And a bottom feeder at that.

Panhead John my BF is submitting this SKU to the PHJ line of service ware. The COVID Collection.

Name:	622B316E-E785-4C28-AC6E-00CB692D666A.jpeg
Views:	880
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	974752

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      RL

This master piece is a result of the better half being out of town. Two days without supervision and I’m reverting slowly back into cave man mode.
    Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Awe c’mon man, you had to get serious on us & actually describe what it is!
      BTW, nice pickle.

• fracmeister
      fracmeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Throw away the tortilla and it is keto!

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, so the pickle looks good. Well, if it weren't on that plate it would. You just got to use your imagination. Lots of imagination.

Pasta with a cheese bechamel and sliced Vienna sausage.
    Pasta: hand extruded pasta made with in-house milled organic wheat flour.
    Bechamel: fresh cream blended with a delightful mix of local, artisan cheeses.
    Sausage: ground heritage pork expertly seasoned with black pepper and paprika, linked by hand.
    Finished with a twist of freshly cracked pepper.

Click image for larger version  Name:	23A17706-7C85-4576-BFD4-5EE797A98953.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	212.4 KB ID:	978947

Comment

• Fire Chicken
      Fire Chicken commented
      Editing a comment
      That actually makes me hungry. All the right ingredients, very easy recipe! You got my vote.. yumm

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Very imaginatory! 🕶

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      My kids used to really enjoy making that. Wait, is that being served in a coffee cup?

Alright let's hear it.
    Bratwurst with cooked down picante sauce.

Last edited by jerrybell; January 23, 2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      jerrybell , you didn’t. Yer a charter member fer cryin out loud!
      Last edited by FireMan; May 31, 2021, 11:47 AM.

• Foehn Watts
      Foehn Watts commented
      Editing a comment
      jerrybell don't you pay FireMan any mind, sometimes a body just needs the junk for cravings, ya know?

And who cares if'n it looks like a dog ralphed on a pile tent pegs. Jus call it Creme da la Chien Ralph or somesuch and keep scarfin'.
      Last edited by Foehn Watts; May 30, 2021, 07:43 PM.

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      This was after the autopsy, right?

Why am I on this post? Then I realized, the post that made Richard Chrz famous.

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      That photo definitely got him that photo gig with iStock! I hear Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse is going to start using it in all their advertising.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Can ya blame em? I almost stole it for myself to post at SUWYC.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought I could just hang it and eat it, I had not thought of the idea that I was supposed to cook it as well. This steak was supposed to come out like prosciutto! Ya’ll are just super jealous! 😜
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; January 24, 2021, 06:23 PM.

Left overs from yesterday. SheilaAnn got me beat. She makes everything fresh. No left overs.. I wish I had her energy. That looked awesome. Sereriosly
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210115_075713864.MP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	980878
    Last edited by Fire Chicken; January 27, 2021, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Fire Chicken 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Excellent squeeze bottle technique.

If you only knew.......🤣🤣🤣

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Next time you decide to bake cinnamon buns I would suggest you sift the flour to remove all the weevils.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I kept turnin my IPad around to make out what it is & it kept turnin to show this!

SheilaAnn oh i know this takes many years of practice. LOL
    Last edited by Fire Chicken; January 27, 2021, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• Fire Chicken
      Fire Chicken commented
      Editing a comment
      You all are awesome! I love it....

Click image for larger version  Name:	F97D4854-CD27-4EDE-8911-7024A8F89229.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.10 MB ID:	982767

I'm going to use this on "inclement weather" "sunrise or sunset" "SUWYC", "todays weather", "what are you drinking now" and here. Getting the most mileage on my roll of film!
    Last edited by HawkerXP; August 22, 2022, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Roll of film? Do you have your own darkroom, or did ya go to Walgreen’s? While you’re at Walgreen’s don’t forget the batteries for your adding machine.
      Last edited by Panhead John; January 31, 2021, 03:17 PM.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I've given up cooking with the roadkill meats. Donw I kept finding little curly bits of wire in the meat. At first I thought it was from my wire grill cleaning brush but it turned out to be from steel belted tires.

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      I can only guess based on the burn pattern that the wheelbarrow was your original Flaming Garbage Can. Nice to see the upgraded one too. Maybe next time around, you'll get a real smoker that can properly poop a pellet.

​ Started good cook, ​ ​ ended up with this!

Name:	PXL_20210314_024454299.MP.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1003763

Comment

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      This next piece, the artist calls "Oscar Mayers' Nightmare" It's easy to see why.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      You do have talent,

• IdahoJim
      IdahoJim commented
      Editing a comment
      When all you have are hamburger buns, everything looks like a hamburger.

My sorry @ss attempt at a copy cat recipe from Barnaby’s Inn. Dear, dear childhood memory. I deserve to be made fun of..... and it tasted bad too! Sigh.

Name:	E84DCFF0-906C-4FE1-8BC3-7644604A9CC8.jpeg
Views:	653
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1018995

Comment

• harveydom
      harveydom commented
      Editing a comment
      It turned out cool

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      The mushrooms almost look like Richard’s steak.

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      Well,,,,,,,,ummm,,,,,,dang. I think if you'd have done this in Italy you'd have gotten arrested. OTOH, those shrooms have kind of a different look about them. After a few bites did they start talking to you?

First real smoke on Joe Jr. Epic fail. I "think"I know why. I want to hear from my Pitmasters, though.
    Rubbed overnight with Oakridge Gold for Pork-Chicken
    10:00AM on Jr temping at 225F. Pork was 39F when I put the probe in even though the meat was on the counter for about an hour.
    During the whole cook, I maintained the temp at 225-240F.
    2:00PM 178F
    3:40PM 203F - pulled and wrapped until 6:30PM. It felt "hard", not softy-pully-like.
    Made Meathead Lexington Dip Sauce that was out of this world.

​​​​​​​
    Attached Files

Comment

• Towering Inferno
      Towering Inferno commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks scrumptious. Pork is very resilient. Maybe try a higher temp cook? Will bark up great and not dry out as much. Wrapping during the stall will help too. Experimenting is good!

• BBryans3
      BBryans3 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you pulled it then wrapped it maybe it lost some juice. If I’m cooking for a party, I would get it pulled first then pt in a crock pot with some of the cooking juice on low. Hope this helps next time!

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      That first pic is, well let’s say……….interesting.

I was looking for a "Fails" channel but couldn't find one. This seems like the closest place, so here goes:

Pork Belly BURNT Ends (emphasis on burnt!) Somehow many/most of the pieces got hard and crispy, and not in a good way. Apparently there temp for a little too high in the cooker for a while and the sugars in the rub started to carbonize. We ended up actually eating most of them, but it was not the amazing meat candy I was anticipating. I had made this recipe before and they came out perfect, so I'm blaming an equipment failure.

Name:	PXL_20211128_003710545-01.jpeg
Views:	451
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	1133659

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Easy mistake to make. Smoke the Rubik’s Cube low and slow for at least a few hours before applying the sauce. Otherwise the sauce caramelizes too much and then starts to burn.

• Foehn Watts
      Foehn Watts commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang. Looks like licorice jelly squares. Good job!

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they all stick together like that?

Fortunately, no pix of this monstrosity exist.

Once upon a time, I decided to get fancy with the mashed potatoes. I mean, what a canvas to work with, right? Some butter, cream, a handful of fresh thyme, a big spoon of Costco pre-diced garlic, maybe a just a touch of rosemary, and oooohhhhh yeah - the peice de resistance - a healthy splash of this delightful merlot in my hand right before serving!

Dear lord. Have you ever seen a recipe that calls for merlot in the potatoes? No. You have not, and there's a very good reason for that. You could eat it, in sense that a starving man will shovel home purple garlicky herby alcoholicy mashed taters. Wow - not good.

This was more than 15 years ago, and my family still brings it up.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John
      I would had to have wasted real film on it. It's shocking how vividly something as bad as that lives on. They just won't let it die!
      Last edited by Caffeine88; November 28, 2021, 01:14 PM.

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      😂😂😂 I have one or two the family won't let go of either.

• Foehn Watts
      Foehn Watts commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, one year the whole extended family was camping by the beach. I had a sealed bottle of Patron tequila that I was going to share. While the husband and I were out away from camp, my brother sent one of our kids to get the bottle and when we got back not a drop was left. I will never let my brother live that down. And I think I will bring it up again this Christmas.

Family story memories are priceless and inescapable.
      Last edited by Foehn Watts; November 29, 2021, 08:55 PM.

Nothing like a top view of the bottom side of a turkey!

Name:	PXL_20211128_211923993.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	1133868

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks familiar🧐 I think I used to date her.
      Last edited by Panhead John; November 28, 2021, 08:06 PM.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John that’s so disgusting but I’m ROTFL. 😂🤣😂

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything’s gross about this!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here