Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Quite Show Us What You're Cooking - A Spoof of SUWYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Quite Show Us What You're Cooking - A Spoof of SUWYC

HawkerXP gave me an idea. I’ve always wanted to sometimes make fun or post sarcastic comments about some of the cooks we’ve posted. In a teasing manner. Most everyone here are damn good cooks, except for me. I know we have a lot of closet comedians here at AR also. I thought it might be fun to see people post some pictures of your cooks, then let everyone go to town with their funny or sarcastic comments. Hell, even post something bad you did that didn’t turn out well. Regular cooks or your best stuff. No pictures you post are off limits. Or any topic really, maybe post pics of some old grills or cookers so we can make fun of it or them. (This is not intended nor trying to take away from SUWYC)

Here is a really nice blackened ribeye I cooked tonight.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; October 10, 2020, 07:54 PM.

I’ve posted about this before but I couldn’t find a picture that time but my wife had documented the event. Those were some hot wings. Maybe a little too crispy?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5377891C-9FA8-453C-86AF-A0F12FD409C0.jpeg
Views:	1728
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	921271

Comment

• jhoskins
      jhoskins commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I did this once. Grease fire -> Pull the Burgers -> fire extinguisher -> finish the burgers on the Cast Iron on the stovetop

• kill2grill
      kill2grill commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoah. I've had this happen from cooking indirect for quite a few cooks and then firing up all the burners. Years of this happening (10+) the air gap insulated lid on my Weber is now cracking/tearing away from this.

• mrteddyprincess
      mrteddyprincess commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya gotta sanitize yer grill every now and again...

Most Catchup is mediums rare, same medium rare as my steaks. I Cook By Looks.
    Last edited by bbqLuv; October 9, 2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

@panhead, Now I know where ya got the nick name panhead, not from the HD,

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
        HawkerXP gave me an idea. I’ve always wanted to sometimes make fun or post sarcastic comments about some of the cooks we’ve posted. In a teasing manner. Most everyone here are damn good cooks, except for me. I know we have a lot of closet comedians here at AR also. I thought it might be fun to see people post some pictures of your cooks, then let everyone go to town with their funny or sarcastic comments. Hell, even post something bad you did that didn’t turn out well. Regular cooks we can use. Or any topic really, maybe post pics of some old cookers so we can make fun of it or them. (This is not intended nor trying to take away from SUWYC)

I have to say, it take a certain kind of special to under cook and burn the same piece of meat. I mean honestly, did that cow kick you in a very tender place that made you want to mistreat it that way? Of the entire meal, I can't decide what would have been the best eating, the ketchup or the plate.

P.S. Thank you SO much for giving me an outlet that lets me, be me!

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          willxfmr Now that I’ve stopped crying from your cruel comments........I’m really glad you liked this and posted something! I wasn’t sure if this was a stupid idea or not. Sooo many times I’ve really wanted to let loose with some sarcastic comments about people’s food pics, instead of .....Wow, looks great! Especially Red Man ‘s cooks. Most of his stuff really looks like crap, but everyone is toooo nice to let him know the truth!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          If'n th plate's still available, why, I'm Game LOL

I've always said, if you can't take it, then don't dish it. So here you go folks, do your worst.
        Attached Files

Comment

• fracmeister
          fracmeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Need some starches much?

• BruceB
          BruceB commented
          Editing a comment
          I have those same plates, forks, and knives, but the food usually looks a bit more - umm - exciting?

• TheAmazingJohnJ
          TheAmazingJohnJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like it's missing one ingredient.

Flavor.

just teasing you!

If that’s how my steaks looked I’d douse em with more ketchup than that! 😁😂

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          😂😂😂 That’s all I had left.

HawkerXP gave me an idea. I’ve always wanted to sometimes make fun or post sarcastic comments about some of the cooks we’ve posted. In a teasing manner. Most everyone here are damn good cooks, except for me. I know we have a lot of closet comedians here at AR also. I thought it might be fun to see people post some pictures of your cooks, then let everyone go to town with their funny or sarcastic comments. Hell, even post something bad you did that didn’t turn out well. Regular cooks we can use. Or any topic really, maybe post pics of some old cookers so we can make fun of it or them. (This is not intended nor trying to take away from SUWYC)

C'mon mate, fries out of a bag and ketchup, you're livin' the dream aren't you?
        Give yourself a good slap in the chops and go spend some time in the room of mirrors.

That felt good Panhead John , I like this thread

My turn, here's a pastrami I did a few weeks ago

Name:	IMG_4338.JPG
Views:	2012
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	921728 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks like.........ya could eat it............maybe.

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahahaha, that's hilarious!!

• fracmeister
          fracmeister commented
          Editing a comment
          So I guess thick cut pastrami is a thing?

You forgot to line the pan with foil!

Comment

There's ketchup touching a blackened ribeye! Get a rope!

Comment

• RTHadley
            RTHadley commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, ketchup not allowed on Ribeye ever!!

I cooked a really extravagant meal tonight. Burgers, hot dogs with chili, and potato chips. Few people can accomplish what I did tonight.
          Attached Files

Comment

• jerrybell
            jerrybell commented
            Editing a comment
            Which part was the accomplishment: Opening the bag of chips or making sure you had a clean plate?

• fracmeister
            fracmeister commented
            Editing a comment
            The SnS might have improved it just a teenth

• mrteddyprincess
            mrteddyprincess commented
            Editing a comment
            If I lived next door to you and you invited me over to eat this I would not complain. Then I'd leave your house and complain about you being my neighbor :-)

Grilling tonight. This will take about an hour. While it cooks I've gotta help my neighbor find his missing cat.

Name:	cat chicken.jpg
Views:	1550
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	922605

Comment

• Foehn Watts
            Foehn Watts commented
            Editing a comment
            Upon re-viewing the first impression I had was of a small mammal, not a rabbit . . . but maybe a cat was on the grill . . .

• fracmeister
            fracmeister commented
            Editing a comment
            I am getting comments under my name I didn't post. However, this El gato al carbon looks like it is coming along nicely.

• HotSun
            HotSun commented
            Editing a comment
            Spatchcat?

I should have posted this here originally, instead of the real SUWYC. I out did myself last night! Frozen tamales! I’ll share the recipe upon request.
          Attached Files

Comment

• fracmeister
            fracmeister commented
            Editing a comment
            studying for finals?

• RichieB
            RichieB commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't BS us, that's coors lite in disguise.

• HotSun
            HotSun commented
            Editing a comment
            I've had these tamales, they're good!

I'm so good at cooking ribs, I don't even have to check them as I go. I can just feel the air, and know when it's time.
          Attached Files

Comment

• fracmeister
            fracmeister commented
            Editing a comment
            SO that's Kentucky style crazy glue in the sauce?

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Yall know me, I been up in here, fer a spell, an slowly was integrated into th remarkable Family, an network of Friends/Brothers/Sisters that I am so Deeply Honoured to be a negligibly valuable part of, nowadays...Life can be SO, So, Very Good, yall!

I knows me a little bit, boutta whole lotta things, ain't never claimed to be no kinda puff-chested, uppity, domineerin EXPERT on no subject...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 14, 2020, 09:57 PM.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            But, Ahm'a Tail Yall One Thing I DO rightly know what, Right Here, an Right Now; Ahm'a Speak My Piece, then walk away, I Suwannee!!!!

'At there Chef's Knife, in th pic, up yonder, above???

It's all kinda gonna be dang dang needin it some kinda dang dang whetstone time, after tanglin with them there ribs...

Jus sayin...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 31, 2020, 05:10 PM.

Name:	IMG_2206.JPG
Views:	1458
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	923715
          Try not to be jealous

Comment

• fracmeister
            fracmeister commented
            Editing a comment
            Final step in recipe: throw away the taco and eat the plate

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            hoovarmin When I was jus a young boy, at's what we'un did, as wail: inside out, an done...

Nigh onto 60 yrs later, time constraints, failin eyebulb sight, trembly ol man hands, it ain't so dang dang easy, Amigo!

Now, I jus stick an air nozzle up th tree frog's afterburner port, an give it bout a 2-3 second blast.

Poof! Bob's yer Uncle: Instant Inside out tree frog!

Appreciate yer warnin, above...thus far, havin been lovingly forewarned, am managin to keep th jealousy I wanna feel at bay!

• jerrybell
            jerrybell commented
            Editing a comment
            Was that ALL the leftovers from the fridge?

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here