Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Quite Show Us What You're Cooking - A Spoof of SUWYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A while back fzxdoc posted about sous vide burger rings and I thought that sounded cool and a way to make healthier burgers. So, the wife grabbed some 93% ground from the store and I threw some burgers in the hot tub and Red Robin onion rings in the air fryer. Epic fail, burgers were gross with a weird texture and tasted dry at medium temps, onion rings ended up too done. The brioche buns were good.
    Attached Files

Comment

• DTro
      DTro commented
      Editing a comment
      And this is how we all learn together! Where those patties purchased pre-formed?

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      DTro Not patties, just a pound of ground beef. Putting them in the rings and vacuum sealing locks them into a disgustingly perfect shape.

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      glitchy , OTOH, you could view this as you got 1/3 of the cook done right.

Easy Dessert. Family size ALL for me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20211224_201123.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	1148050

Comment

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd make fun of that, but then you might not share any with me. So, looks great!

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      I know the munchies can be tough, but I didn't know the green stuff was legal in TX.

Just a drunken, late night attempt at pizza, which suffered a spectacular Unscheduled Disassembly because some dumb, drunk SOB forgot to FLOUR THE DAMN PEEL!

Name:	IMG_6032.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	1185014

Still tasted good, though.

Comment

• Foehn Watts
      Foehn Watts commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a calzone done gone through a wormhole wrong. Got all twisted lookin' inside out.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a calzone!

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, yeah. Been there, done that. Still tasted good.

As soon as I saw too much smoke smoke coming off the grill, I thought this is going on this thread. Can you guess what it is?

Name:	80726839-0C1C-4483-87D9-7B34DAE47154.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1224769

Comment

• Jared49
      Jared49 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like it could be door handles from a ‘39 Desoto!

• tmaan235
      tmaan235 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm guessing some type of ribs but too circular. Hmmmm. Shrooms with a reduction sauce?

• Prof Bunky
      Prof Bunky commented
      Editing a comment
      Bananas Foster? ;-p

Just botched a roast chicken. I know everyone loves the Thermapen and maybe I'm using it wrong but I've botched so many cooks with this thing. Probed the breast in like 7 spots, all over 160. Start slicing, raw meat. Whole meal in the can so no fun pics. Just wanted to gripe.

Comment

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      Well there is no pic for me to make fun of, so I guess I'll have to try and help instead. Take note of where the raw meat was, and next time be sure to probe that area. It took me more than one try to learn the right place to poke my bird.

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Poke the Bird, I'm not sure how to interpret that?

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that what they're calling it now?

Originally posted by Stuey1515 View Post

C'mon mate, fries out of a bag and ketchup, you're livin' the dream aren't you?
    Give yourself a good slap in the chops and go spend some time in the room of mirrors.

That felt good Panhead John , I like this thread

My turn, here's a pastrami I did a few weeks ago

Name:	IMG_4338.JPG
Views:	2019
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	921728

And here we see why Stuey1515​​​​​​​ went to the deli from then on out

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
      HawkerXP gave me an idea. I’ve always wanted to sometimes make fun or post sarcastic comments about some of the cooks we’ve posted. In a teasing manner. Most everyone here are damn good cooks, except for me. I know we have a lot of closet comedians here at AR also. I thought it might be fun to see people post some pictures of your cooks, then let everyone go to town with their funny or sarcastic comments. Hell, even post something bad you did that didn’t turn out well. Regular cooks or your best stuff. No pictures you post are off limits. Or any topic really, maybe post pics of some old grills or cookers so we can make fun of it or them. (This is not intended nor trying to take away from SUWYC)

Here is a really nice blackened ribeye I cooked tonight.
      My wife: "What, no vegetables?"
      Me: "Hey, potato is a vegetable "

Comment

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        So is onion -- In fact, my favorite vegetable.

Welp I got my Santa Maria for my 22" Weber and for my first cook i threw the 18" grill grates from my PBC on it and made burgers. I was so excited to try the SM that I completely missed the point of it and just had to cook something!!! Whats wrong with me.

Other photos are of me trying to season my grill grates in the PBC with burgers and some pineapple. My burgers are so undersized. . . Get a hold of yourself 'Randa.
      Attached Files

Comment

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried to compensate with more sauce but it was no use!

• DesertRaider
        DesertRaider commented
        Editing a comment
        MsTwiggy That's usually what guys say.
        Last edited by DesertRaider; June 27, 2022, 10:33 PM. Reason: Had to fix the @

• tmaan235
        tmaan235 commented
        Editing a comment
        #willxfmr That's Burger King. Where's the beef?

Oops

Name:	B92A56EF-5FD9-4EB6-889E-DAC1112DCEEB.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	1245254

Comment

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasn't aware you could sacrifice the same chicken twice. The things you learn here in The Pit.

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        Is this in a PBC? Wicked scorch but i believe you that they were fantastic!

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        MsTwiggy these were indeed cooked atop the grates of the PBC.

Ok, been a while… so I woke up my sourdough starter to feed her. It’s been a while. I had a bunch of discard and didn’t want to waste it. Found a recipe on KA for pizza dough. On the surface, it looks good…. but, meh…. Cracker crust. Not our jams. Basically, this was a fail. I believe my starter was just too far gone.

Name:	96F670DC-723B-4345-A7BB-18B589A76E56.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	1320515

Name:	FB447E65-84CA-4E8B-AEDC-4F6B6AA43AD6.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1320514

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Donw 🤣🤣🤣👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🤣🤣🤣👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

truth be told, seedless backberry is truly my jams!!

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        On the plus side, there is no risk of the billion dollar frozen pizza market collapsing from your experiment

• tmaan235
        tmaan235 commented
        Editing a comment
        Upside, looks good from my house

What perfect timing for me to find this thread…

Heres the final pics from my “Inverted Vortex-Cider Can” bird cook the other night.
      Don’t let the faded from top to bottom color scheme make you think this was intentional. Came off the gill with 185 upper/white, 160 min thigh and 125 bottom/ legs and internal cavity. Wrapped and tossed in the oven just to say I have F ed up a meal in two different cookers before throwing the nightmare away.
      Did I mention the warm garbage smell I was able to create with the combination of caramel apple cider and lukewarm chicken juice stewing for a couple hours?! It permeated the bird in a way you only wish smoke and seasoning could!!!
      Click image for larger version  Name:	D7DD80FB-3B95-4148-BFDD-3E7F5FF6D5DC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.58 MB ID:	1320537 Click image for larger version  Name:	56B0B28E-99EA-4D91-8C16-E02D9A1AAD90.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.95 MB ID:	1320536

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        CHNeal thank goodness we don’t have smell-a-vision. 🤣 but it looks good,

• CHNeal
        CHNeal commented
        Editing a comment
        @SheilaAnn
        The smell was just awful! It really smelled like a trash can at the fair in July! Im burning many grill off right now to clean out the funk both physical and olfactory!!!

I forget about this thread sometimes. I wish I had taken pics of last night's cook because this thread would be the only redemption available.

Comment

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John each thread should institute it's own hall of fame.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        That one would be #1 fer sho!

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        Err Panhead John Are you referring to this quote “Next time Mr. Bell we don’t need such a large specimen, but yes you do have hemorrhoids?” If you are I will gladly accept the award. However, I do have to admit hoovarmin ‘s was much more succinct and on point. My hat is off to him.
        Last edited by Donw; November 5, 2022, 01:19 PM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	460FD4C9-9413-4895-8B5A-BA55A5B40B82.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.12 MB ID:	1320698 Heres what I’m cooking today…chicken grease mixed with caramel apple cider out of my kettle and off the vortex…that freaking chicken just keeps giving! I can’t figure out how a bird that never finished cooking spattered grease all over this grill and vortex. Never seen anything like it. Maybe I did it when grabbing it out of the grill in a fit of despair and shame….
      Last edited by CHNeal; November 5, 2022, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, this cook looks heaps better than that chicken monstrosity you created. Bet it smells better too.🙂

• DesertRaider
        DesertRaider commented
        Editing a comment
        From your description, I thought you'd be using a flamethrower for this process.

I thought this would fit in here well.

My wife made Chicken Egg Roll Bowls and an Asian zing sauce for me to bring to work tonight. She put the sauce in a squirt bottle for me. I tried to squirt it, but the nozzle was apparently plugged and the whole top shot off. Now I have to clean the floor too.

Name:	hc_1673934721771-LyonsPC.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1362947

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        You must have an instrument somewhere in that hospital that would have cleared the nozzle, I'm guessing. JK. At least it didn't hit the walls too.

Not a good surprise. I hope what was left made for a good dinner for you though.

K.

• Foehn Watts
        Foehn Watts commented
        Editing a comment
        For some reason this reminds me of the article I read about cow bungs being sold as calimari rings to very unsuspecting purchasers . . .

• Clark
        Clark commented
        Editing a comment
        Look at the positive side. Be grateful that your wife loves you enough to fix you a meal to take to work.

From the looks of it you averted a disaster 😂

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here