Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Folks, we've reached the limit on our previous "What are you cookin?" thread.
    8 months and well over 2,400 posts maxed it out!

Please resume activities here with this thread...

Thanks!
    Last edited by Huskee; March 13, 2015, 07:57 PM.

A dang good sammich Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0459.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	70713
    Last edited by DWCowles; June 24, 2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      A whole hour till lunch! I can't wait that long after looking at this.................. Amazing.

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks yummy!

That looks as fine as it could DWCowles ! Nicely done. And I just know with a no-wrap, all wood cook this butt was as good as humanly possible. I made up my mind I am going to try the no-wrap technique next time. The more I think about it, it has its scientifically-sensible perks which could outweigh the drawbacks. I just hate waking up early....[yawn]

What was your total cook time, from firing up smoker, to putting butts on, to pulling/eating?

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      DWCowles, yessir! Thank you. How big were the butts again?

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee one was a little over 10 lbs and the other was close to 9 ibs

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks DWCowles. I usually don't cook 'em over 4lbs a piece so this gives me a starting point to consider. I appreciate it.

DWCowles , WOW, fantastic! And great pic..looks like I can take a bite from here!

Comment

Char Siu "ribs" tonight on the Yoder with ash logs. Marauderer turned me on to a very tasty packet of char siu mix, and it is wonderful on smoked pork. So tonight is country ribs strips (not really ribs of course, but pork butt sliced into 1" strips basically) marinated in the char siu.

I am preburning some logs for tomorrow's rib & chicken cook, and I thought I might as well take advantage of the smoker running. It is beautiful weather, 50s and solid sunshine, no wind. Feels like 70, lol.

One strip was made with my Honey Shawsh (on right), the rest with Barry's recommended Char Siu packet. It's very sweet, very good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG6882.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	400.3 KB
ID:	70932

Pretty good smoke ring for a 1:45 cook, ash logs.

Name:	IMAG6886.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	70933

Name:	IMAG6888.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	70934

Last edited by Huskee; March 13, 2015, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys DWCowles Ernest. Ernest no, it's still wood. It's burned with oxygen, just only halfway (or so) so they are dry chunks of preburnt wood and quickly become hot coals with better smoke. The water is burned out of them. Charcoal is made by heat in an oxygen-free environment.

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        I was hoping you'd say yes.... LOL

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        So you preburn halfway then put them off? Using a grill to preburn? I bet one could use preburnt wood in a PBC. Huskee

That sandwich looks fantastic. The only time I've ever wrapped was the brisket I did this past summer. I made it for an annual event we call "Grill Day". Good friends of ours live behind us and when their youngest daughter was filling out a questionaire on her first day of class in second grade, one of the questions was, what are your three favorite holidays? She wrote:

Christmas
      Grill Day
      Halloweeen

Comment

Comment

Full point half flat brisket. I now what y'all saying, starting brisket this late? Think about it, cook 12 - 15 then cambro. It only makes sense to start late in the day.

Comment

Oh you didn't think I could do cow feet and tripe? LOL

Comment

• Hardwarehank
              Hardwarehank commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh my... That is right up my alley. Do you mind sharing the recipe? Specifically the seasonings.

The thing is, Ernest, I can't figure out how you do anything else, your food looks so good.

Comment

That looks amazing, Ernest.

Comment

Thank you jmott7 JeffJ .

Comment

Fired up dual kettles tonight (OTG and Performer) for Flat Iron Fajitas over the Vortex and the veggies on the cast iron

Name:	IMG_1422.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	70966

Name:	IMG_1423.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	70967

Name:	IMG_1424.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	437.5 KB
ID:	70968

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fantastic!

• Jon Solberg
                    Jon Solberg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man TB your pics are looking AWESOME!

Time to wrap this bad boy up

Comment

• Dr ROK
                    Dr ROK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pastrami?

Nice! Good timing!

Comment

• JeffJ
                    JeffJ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great bark!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here