Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did some pulled beef yesterday that came out great. I forgot to take a picture after I pulled it but here is the finished product. I used the KJ Jr. She went 9 1/2 hours on one load of fuel. Not bad for that little cooker.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1768.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.08 MB ID:	269082
    I also SV'd a ribeye for lunch today. It was excellent. Then I used my new GGs on the KEG to sear it up. I delveoped an excellent crust on this one from the griddle side.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1773.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.67 MB ID:	269083Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1772.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.56 MB ID:	269084

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know how I missed these photos. Awesome!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      The Sear on this one was amazing. tbob4

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      It sure was. I can't say I've ever seen a better one. Stories can lie, but photos don't. Great job!

The Bill of Fair at the Johnston House Sunday Night! Includes a Stuffed Pork Loin Roast (Sharp Cheddar & Cream Cheese, Bread Crumbs, Bacon Bits,
    Green Onion, Parsley, Thyme, Chopped Garlic, Chopped Mushrooms and Kosher Salt & Tones Rest Grind Pepper) in a + 3 Lb. Butterflied Pork Loin slathered with Wishbone Spicy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing! The Loin was Rolled & Tied With Butcher Twine, Bacon Slices were Laced over the Loin
    and Staked in Place with Toothpicks! Jack Daniels Old #7 Pork Rub, Kosher Salt, Tones Black Pepper was applied to the entire Ext of the Roast and the
    Wishbone Spicy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing was Brushed On the Entire Roast! The Roast was put on the Weber with the S 'n S, Drip & Griddle, the
    BBQGURU DigiQ DX-2 Temp Control, the Cook was Monitored with The FireBoard and iPad! Slightly over 2 Hrs @ +- 320*F! Note the Grill Temp Spike
    at the Start of The Cook, Some Dumb S--T Doesn't Know How to Close the Lid on a Weber! The FireBoard woke me Up! Also note I used a Probe to Monitor the Ambient Temperature! The Third Probe Monitored the Roast Temp! The DigiQ Grill Temp ran Fairly Consistent! All 'n All, a Succesful Cook
    judging by the Hungry Hounds Snarling Across the Table!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	217
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	269144Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	194
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	269143Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	269145Click image for larger version

Views:	185
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	269146Click image for larger version

Views:	186
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	269147

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB, Spinaker, Thanks Ron I've got to get Lucky Once in Awhile! Spin, I am still trying to get it to do What I Want, When I Want! But I am Totally Impressed Todate! No Buyers Remorse Here!
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Danjohnston949. I'm having fun with my Fireboard still and looking at all the stuff it could and should measure.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Danjohnston949, Fantastic lookin' an, soundin' cook!!!! Glad it went so well, an' thanks fer sharin', as always!

Being the wok is ready to use now had to try it
    ​shrimp,snap peas​​​​​,bell pepper and water chestnut Click image for larger version

Name:	1485820729680.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	269350

Comment

Sous vide lamb chops, pan seared to finish with fresh mint sauce. Home made creamed spinach and yellow rice. Yum!Click image for larger version

Views:	196
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	269396

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great!

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Atalanta How long at what temp?

• Atalanta
        Atalanta commented
        Editing a comment
        BF is a sticker for rare (me too), I believe we did them at 130F for an hour. Gonna try 1 1/2 hour next time, same temp. I didn't measure temp since he did the cooking, so I'm not sure what the final internal temp was. The chops were about an inch thick, maybe a smidge more. Meat was very tender.

New toy...BBQ Dragon.... Lamb chops..Gorgonzola Sauce..OMG Good!! Used SnS and Grill Grates.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0217.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.94 MB ID:	269860Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0225.JPG Views:	1 Size:	9.27 MB ID:	269861Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0231.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.06 MB ID:	269859
      Last edited by troymeister; January 31, 2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Fired the PBC and ran some St. Louis style ribs and a chicken. Remembered to snap some pics before eating this time since I decided to take some with the traveling bday hat.

One rack of ribs kissed the fire a little more in the PBC so the bottom got sacrificed but everything turned out tasty!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0980.JPG Views:	1 Size:	6.44 MB ID:	270126

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0984.JPG Views:	2 Size:	4.42 MB ID:	270124

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0981.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.55 MB ID:	270125
      Last edited by Nate; February 1, 2017, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        The same thing happened on the Birthday Hat page. It kept jumping back to page 1. The @ thing has been glitchy for some of the month, too.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Killer!

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        That is the best looking BBQ meal I've seen in a long while. GOOD for you!

Today is my wife's birthday. She is getting her requested dinner tomorrow (this goes back at least 6 years) (it's a cast-iron skillet dinner so I am not going to post it), nevertheless, I didn't want her to eat leftovers on her actual birthday. So....

Asian Pork Loin with an Asian-veggie stir-fry:

The pork loin was dry-brined a day in advance. It was then sprayed with some cooking (PAM - Olive) oil and hit with an Asian rub. In a spice grinder I added: coriander, allspice, peppercorns and a few peanuts. Once that was a powder I added powdered cloves, ginger, cinnamon and a little bit of cayenne. This was the rub.

The pork loin was cooked in the Weber Jumbo Joe (I got it for Christmas and absolutely love this little cooker!) with a small chunk of apple wood.

I made a sauce consisting of: Hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut butter, homemade hot sauce - all vigorously whisked together.

In a cast-iron skillet the veggies were sautéed in sesame oil. Once they softened snow peas and some of the sauce I made were added.

This is the pork loin, in the Jumbo Joe, before the sauce was glazed...

Name:	IMG_0830.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	270168

This is what it looked like after it came off the cooker, fully glazed:

Name:	IMG_0832.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	396.6 KB
ID:	270166

This is the plated dinner:

Name:	IMG_0833.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	270167

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tell her Happy Birthday! Fantastic cook.

Burger cooked sous vide to 132F then torch seared, served with buttered green beans and salad.

Name:	burger-beans.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	270722

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great, mgaretz. How long did you sous vide?

• mgaretz
        mgaretz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks fzxdoc. About an hour. Didn't need that long, but my wife doesn't get home at a predictable time.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Mark. It sure looks delicious.

It's Friday so I'm cooking. Unfortunately right now only water all my grates cam in so doing a trial run and burn the oil off of the charcoal grate on the new kettle. Getting up at 3 to do some ribs and try out the new piggy q Click image for larger version

Name:	20170203_171808.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	313.6 KB
ID:	270725

Comment

Originally posted by troymeister View Post
        New toy...BBQ Dragon.... Lamb chops..Gorgonzola Sauce..OMG Good!! Used SnS and Grill Grates.
        So what do you think of the BBQ Dragon?

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Great tool!! I really like it! I like it so much I just bought 2 more. One for the country house and one as a gift to a friend. Like most great things it is totally simple.

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep! I use the BBQ Dragon pretty much every cook.

Ran a pork butt through the Weber kettle with SnS on a rainy CA day. The meal was a casual lunch for a small Meet-Up discussion group. They were surprised to be fed. Had one vegetarian in the group that I was unable to convert - his loss! Menu was pulled pork sliders, potato salad and chips with plenty of left overs for Food Saver vacuum pack freezer meals. This six pounder took 12 full hours holding the grill temp to 220*-245*. Apple wood smoke.

Name:	Butt_Whole_sized.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	270961

Cross section before pulling. Photo doesn't convey how juicy it is...

Name:	Butt_Cut_sized.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	270962

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Niiiice!

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking PP

• Brookie
          Brookie commented
          Editing a comment
          Another great looking cook there OEJ. Brookie

Brisket salted and wrapped in cellophane in the fridge.

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	271560

Click image for larger version  Name:	image1 (1).JPG Views:	1 Size:	582.3 KB ID:	271558​​
        This turned out sooooo good thanks to #bigbadbeefrub
        Last edited by clkq4; February 5, 2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yum yum coming soon! Looking forward to your finished pics!

On the grill.. Straight in from Norway.. Beercan chicken..

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          For your sake, I hope that's not an old can of Tou!

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha.. no i used Heineken today..

I did a test run on some rub I picked up the other day. Its called Simply Marvelous BBQ, Sweet Seduction. It has a bright yellow/orange color to it. Its defiantly sweet but not overly sweet. I would give this one a "B". It was a solid rub but nothing about it blew me away. It was a pretty simple rub, just not so marvelous. I used the KJ Jr with some Rockwood Lump and some Hickory chips.

Everything came out well. She ran a little hot tonight, 300 F. And you can see it on the bark, but the meat was moist and tender as can be. Nice little cook. More ribs to come tomorrow. Only, the KBQ will be getting the nod.

Name:	IMG_3398.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	271264Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9852.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	271265Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6063.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	271266

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks good! Nice review..
          Cheers

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Guys! tbob4 Elton's BBQ

• smokinfatties
          smokinfatties commented
          Editing a comment
          A lot of comp guys use that rub but it's almost always layered with something else.

Beef clod coming along nicely in the snow.-17 C/ 1.4 F here today on the balmy Canadian prairie.

The beef pic is after 12 hours on the smoke when I transferred it to the oven as my coals ran out and I've had enough Arctic Qing for today! Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	390.0 KB
ID:	271511Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	271510

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too!

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait, you got 12 hours on one load of charcoal in THAT weather? What did you use?

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          David Parrish not a chance, it required a 3 am restock, it's crazy how much more charcoal it takes to cook in this weather.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here