Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolffy that's a nice brisket, and welcome! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. Thank you.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	1483655566894.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.8 KB ID:	259895 Personal pork butt for one. Tomorrow nights cook supposed to be around 8 degress and snow yippee. Wife is a vegetarian so I guess I have to eat all of it

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        The sacrifices we have to make for our spouses. Enjoy!

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        You can do it! What rub are you going with?

Not sure yet still thinking on that part I have a homemade one I may use

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking forward to your finished pics! I'm thinking you'll have some great leftover pull pork. I really enjoy it the next day.

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        So here is a thought being cooking is being creative at the last half hour or so maybe coat the butter with a homemade honey mustard glaze or something along those lines anyone ever try that I mean it is pork right has to be better than steak sauce on a delmonico steak . Your thoughts

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jambalaya 1 2.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	260013Click image for larger version

Name:	Jambalaya 2.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	260014

Inspired by Willy 's poll. BBQ'd chicken jambalaya. Per my boy it is more Creole style because of the amount of tomato. He's the expert.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you ever had problems use the Enamel-coasted CI pot on your Ceramic cooktop?

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker - never had a problem with it. I know that there is a caution attached to it, but it said "painted" and I assumed they meant the bottom. Have had the new stove top for a year and have used the pot about 15-20 times on the surface in that time.

Tried meatloaf without a pan last night. Boy, am I glad I did! Yum!

Name:	Meatloaf 1.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	260194

Name:	Meatloaf 2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	260193

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks really good!

• Gator Lau
        Gator Lau commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! Any special technique to share?

• Deaf Arty
        Deaf Arty commented
        Editing a comment
        Gator Lau, nothing special. Just mix up the meat and put the loaf on a mat directly on the grill. I do mix a bit of my favorite rub into the meat, though. Nothing on the outside but simple maillard reaction.
        BTW, the sandwiches are wonderful the next day...

Name:	Steak 1.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	260446Click image for larger version

Name:	Steak 2.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	325.0 KB
ID:	260447Click image for larger version

Name:	Steak 3.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	260448

No SV today. My son is still in town. Steaks cut from a Costco Prime rib-eye roast. Cooked on grill grates on my Santa Maria Grill. Rub (with salt) applied 4 days ago. Vacuum packed. Cooked low to the fire for 3 min. Covered with a pan. Raised and cooked another 3 min. Flipped and back down to just above coal level for 3 min. and raised, covered for another 3. Side A much darker than photos display. Delicious. We each ate 1/2 a steak due to sides. For breakfast tomorrow - grilled steak strips, leftover Jambalaya and fried eggs over the top of the whole thing.

Comment

Salmon cooked SV at 122F, glazed with maple syrup and bourbon and torch-seared. At 122F it's very flaky and didn't quite make it to the plate intact. Served with buttered peas and salad.

Name:	salmon-mb.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	260667

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          How long did you SV?

• mgaretz
          mgaretz commented
          Editing a comment
          About 50 minutes. The filets were not frozen.

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

Beef Plate Ribs smoked in my Cookshack served with mashed Cauliflower Click image for larger version

Name:	20170107_171339.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	260672

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course you did!

• GBA
          GBA commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I had your choices of smokers, Cookshack is only one I have I can use in crappie weather.😎

Farm Raised Chicken....Unbelievable.....The Chocolate cake was good too BTW -2 Outside

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0149.jpg Views:	1 Size:	9.51 MB ID:	260799Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0158.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.17 MB ID:	260798Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0163.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.57 MB ID:	260800Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0169.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.61 MB ID:	260801

Comment

Top sirloin, cooked SV at 129F for an hour, then torch-seared. (I usually make one steak and my wife cuts off an end for herself. This time she decided to take a pie shaped wedge.) Served with artichoke bottoms sauteed in butter. I had higher hopes for them. While they were OK, they still had some bite from the citric acid they were packed with, even though I soaked them in several changes of water.

Name:	sirloin-art.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	261103

Comment

Last night I did a pretty simple cook. Steak on the KEG. I cooked it Hot and Fast because it was cold as all get out last night And I liked standing next to a 700 F grill when its -5 F. The ribeye wasn't too thick so I was able to get a really nice sear but uniform Med-rare through out. Then I fried up some potatoes in my No. 8 Finex skillet with some Avocado oil. I seared the Potatoes for a bit then threw them ito a 450 F Convection oven. The oven really gives the skin a wonderful texture. And the warm buttery taste from that avocado oil makes for some tasty taters.

Name:	IMG_1622.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	261129Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1621.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	261130

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Paul! PaulstheRibList

• Powersmoke_80
            Powersmoke_80 commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker , I do but my top is white and it always leaves marks from the seasoning that need to be polished out.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yeah, very true. My uncle has a white ceramic cook top. And they make a mess on his too. @ Powersmoke_80

Had a very light snow around Atlanta which called for a state of emergency. So smoked turkey breast to the rescue!

Name:	20170108_182156.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	261237

Name:	20170108_182233.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	261236

Name:	20170108_182304.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	261238

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful!

Name:	IMAG00513.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	261314 Had some ice and snow this weekend, so I decided to cook some comfort food for dinner tonight since the wife is a little under the weather. Slow cook a pork lion roast on the weber and made some scalloped potatoes and some baby lima beans. just a little kosher salt and coarse black pepper on the roast, had to tone it back for the wife.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
            PaulstheRibList commented
            Editing a comment
            Pretty! Glad you are taking care of her

+5 Degrees outside..feeling the warmth....Pommes Anna, Roasted Broccoli, Front Sear T-Bone.

SnS, Drip n Griddle and Grill Grates.

The Drip n Griddle is my favorite roasting pan..I use it for many things..Oven, Grill...You name it. Including a great serving pan. My guests comment on it often. Far too high quality of a pan to use for catching drippings. IMHO...I thinkDavid Parrish might like to hear.

The jury is still out for me on the Grill Grates...While I am happy with the results I find them to be a bit awkward as far as timing goes. I am practicing though.

​​​​​

Name:	IMG_3248.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	261331Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3245.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	261329Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3249.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	261330

Comment

Chicken cook, back end of PNW ice storm. My first try doing a spatchcock. Dry brine for 3 hours, then S&G, on to the kettle.

Before

Name:	IMG_20170108_143911946.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	261371

After

Name:	IMG_20170108_164830432.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	261372

I hardly ever do chicken, but I'd say it came out better than any I've roasted whole.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful bird....great cook!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here