Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5144.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	423.7 KB
ID:	236242Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5143.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	390.3 KB
ID:	236243Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5154.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	448.0 KB
ID:	236244Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5147.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	386.9 KB
ID:	236245Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5170.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	236246

Did my first butt on the kettle with SnS over the weekend. It was spectacular! The best I've ever made. Rubbed with mhmd and smoked with peach wood for 13 hours. No crutch. It made for some incredible sandwiches with SC mustard sauce, dill pickles, and creamy cole slaw. But you've all seen that before. The real kicker was using the leftovers tonight to make pulled pork pizza. Pizza skin topped with olive oil and Stubbs hickory bourbon sauce then sharp NY cheddar, pork, red onion and green bell pepper. Devine!!

Comment

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great, love me a pulled pork 'Za...

Yet another tri-tip, seasoned with salt, pepper and dill seeds, then 8 hours SV at 130F, dusted with magic browning powder and torch seared. Served with steamed cauliflower with butter and cashews and salad.

Name:	tt-caul.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	236304

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I know why we never see tri tip on the east coast. mgaretz eats it all!

My 88 YO dear MIL broke her foot in three places last week. She can't walk, and has moved in with us temporarily. So that puts a strain on smoking, and most everything else. However, I did have time to bake a loaf of white bread today - she likes my breads... Click image for larger version

Name:	CM7I0930.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	236578

Comment

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing like a great loaf of bread! Hoping for a speedy recovery for her.

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking bread. I'll have one of those and a pound of real butter. I hope her recovery goes well.
      Last edited by fuzzydaddy; November 3, 2016, 06:04 PM.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I can almost smell that bread. What a good SIL you are! I hope your MIL feels better soon. It's a real bummer to have a foot out of commission.

Kathryn

A little pulled pork cooked on the PBC. 7.9 lb bone-in, 4.5 hours on the hooks to 170 IT, 1.75 hours wrapped to 203 IT (6.25 hours total cook), plus 1.25 hours in a faux cambro. It was very good and I gave some to a neighbor down the street.

Name:	IMG_0445.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	236625

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful pulled pork, fuzzydaddy . What was your average PBC temp on this cook? I'd like to add your info to the sticky topic I have for times for cooks, if that's OK with you.

Kathryn

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc Thanks! My average PBC temp was 280, and yes on adding it to your sticky topic.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, fuzzydaddy. I just added your pulled pork cook info to that sticky.

K.

Name:	IMG_0276.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	236650 Low and slow....

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Whatcha going to cook low & slow all night? clkq4

• clkq4
      clkq4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got 2 butts on now.

Petite steaks (flat iron steaks) tonight. Front seared on the 26" + SnS. Dry brined 6hrs and then a little BBBR.

Name:	petitesteaks.PNG
Views:	196
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	236683

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Those sure are purrly

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, those are petite. The ones we get I can barely fit one on the 26+SnS.

Good morning from Norman Okla. Click image for larger version

Name:	PA055734.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	472.7 KB
ID:	236970

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow......talk about bark...That looks crazy good.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, that looks good!

Mon o man does that look great.

Comment

It's what for dinner......(Sam Elliot Voice)

Name:	IMG_1406.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	236986

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah.....Nice pic too! Cant wait to see final.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I was hoping for better marbling but I'm up in the Arrow head and the selection is a little weak. But they sure do cut some think ones though!!

TGI Saturday, aka enough free time for a longer cook! Ribs are going on and it's 3 in Illinois, should be ready by 7pm dinnah time Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1524.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	237078

Comment

It's almost time!! I decided to church them up for you guys and add some Rosemary for the pictures. Not sure that does anything at all. But it looks cool, so what the hell.

Cant argue with the view anyway! 63 F and sunny on Lake Vermillion today! Unheard of for this time of year!

Name:	IMG_1414.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	237083Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1408.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	237084

Comment

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          That is some FINE looking meat there and an equally beautiful view! Throw in a little camp fire and an adult beverage and that would make for one heck of a perfect fall evening!

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice, indeed!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Both the meat, and the view look Fantastic, from here, Spinaker ! Pray tell, which cooker are you gonna run these on? Lovin the late weather here too, but waiting for the Other Shoe to drop!

Name:	IMG_1417.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	237252 I used the Weber to cook these. I left my SNS at home on accident. But the steaks came out great! Awesome reverse searing action but it would have been better with the SNS. Here's a before, after the slow cook and then after the sear. This meal was a hearty one, we've been finishing the roof on the garage at my buddies cabin.

Name:	IMG_1414.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	237249Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1418.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	237251Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1419.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	237250

Comment

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeeeaah!!

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Doesn't get more classic than that. Great lookin' steaks!

Been swamped with work lately. Braised lamb shanks

cauliflower mash

Comment

My son went to Costco and bought a couple of 2" thick Prime grade Ribeye steaks, Cowboy cut. Then Scary Mary bought a 15lb Prime grade brisket. So tonight I grilled the steaks on my son's gasser, a 36" Lion, a nice grill, for a gasser. He has GrillGrates so that made things easy peasy. I took over my Maverick ET-735... that made things go very smooth. I'd just got done making some sourdough baguettes and dinner rolls when he called, so I had the bread covered.

Tonight I trimmed the brisket and dry brined it to have it ready to smoke in the BGE for Tuesday nights dinner.

I really like it when friends and family buy really great cuts of meat and want me to cook/smoke it for them.👌

Tonights steaks... the grandkids love the mini-dogs.👍
          Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice. I need to find another thick wolly world ribeye with a yellow tag.

I was gifted a bunch of breasted out doves. Gonna fry and pot roast.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here