Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a great looking filet at the local butcher today, and a nice looking piece of salmon for the wife. The salmon turned out great, but I managed to let the steak go a few degrees past where I wanted to. For sides we had stir fried Szechwan green beans and onions and a baked potato and a sweet potato. This was a great combination.

For those interested, I used the top of my galvanized ash can to reflect light onto the shady side of the raw steak.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A07Y6859.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	207335

Name:	A07Y6864.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	207333

Name:	A07Y6866.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	207334

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Even cooked a little too much that steaks looks tender. I bet it was good! I like how you got the lighting to work for you.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      David Parrish - it was one of the best tasting filets I have had. All I did to it was dry brine for a couple of hours. Then straight from the fridge to the "low" side opposite the SnS

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm eating lukewarm pizza looking at these freaking pictures. ugghhhh

Sous Vide Pastrami. Corn the brisket flat, Sous Vide for 48 hrs at 140, then torch it brown. You can smoke it if you like, but do it before you sous vide. This comes out perfect every time. Don't laugh at the fine china I chose for presentation...
    Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Nice. I sous vide first, apply rub and chill for two days, then smoke.

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks crazy delicious.

After years of prodding, my wife finally entered her sweet pickle relish in the county fair last week and came away with a blue ribbon and 3 bucks. Not too shabby on her first attempt! I do have to apologize for not posting this earlier this week but I have actually been working at work this week. She has been asking me all week if I have shared with BBQ friends, so now I can finally say yes.

Name:	Jills Relish - 2016-08-07.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	208009

Comment

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Don't spend your winnings all in one place!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      AWESEOME!! Tell Jill we said , Congrats!!!!!!!!

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations to your wife!

Congrats to your wife!

Comment

The beginning of a pickle dynasty. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by thurmant View Post
        The beginning of a pickle dynasty. Congrats
        Thanks, I will send on the good wishes. The "dynasty" started back in the '50's when her grandma won a blue ribbon at the South Dakota state fair with this recipe. After her grandma passed a few years ago I have been egging her on to enter our county fair, so this year she said what the heck and went for it. I guess what is old is new again.

Comment

Home sweet home!

Comment

• troymeister
            troymeister commented
            Editing a comment
            What kind of sauce? Looks like Romesco??

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            troymeister it's almond butter and coconut cream sauce. Came out of nowhere while I was standing by the stove

• troymeister
            troymeister commented
            Editing a comment
            Ernest Nice combination. Looks delicious!!

First baby back ribs with the SNS Plus. Six hours and a killer smoke ring = perfection 😋
          Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            WOW! Great first cook!

• rgriffeath
            rgriffeath commented
            Editing a comment
            Great compliment from you guys. It means more because I know you know how to get it done 😊

• OneEyedJack
            OneEyedJack commented
            Editing a comment
            Eww! What are those green things on the plate?

Cheesecake in my Instant pot!! Sorry! I am smoking tomorrow! Click image for larger version

Name:	cake1.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	336.7 KB
ID:	208127

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Man I love cheesecake. I gots no cheesecake but I am putting something in the Pit Barrel tomorrow.

Capon - Started on the rotisserie, then (after the thing proved too big for the rotisserie) moved to the standard rack. Tastes a lot like really good frier chicken, just much, much bigger. Buy again? Probably not. Still had to try it when I saw it at the store!
          Any idea why the skin splits? I have had the same problem with chickens after I salt and dry the skin.
          Don't worry about the missing wings - I know where those went; wings tend to disappear as soon as a cook goes long!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Edward Hafer
            Edward Hafer commented
            Editing a comment
            A capon (a castrated chicken that is allowed to grow to maturity) is about half the size of a turkey, a bit more than twice the size of an "intact" chicken.

• Edward Hafer
            Edward Hafer commented
            Editing a comment
            This "boy" was close to 10 pounds, and proved to be too heavy for my rotisserie. The rotisserie did ok with the added weight/torque, but then the clamps slipped out and things went downhill from there.

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Gotcha!

Sous vide pork chops. Dry brine and MMD, in the HTTM with crushed garlic and EVOO for 3 hours at 140°F (lost track of time) then seared on the gas grill with Grill Grates turned upside down. Came out unbelieaveably awesome. Served with Cesar salad with Kenji's homemade dressing which I made with Kenji's homemade 2 minute mayonaisse.

Name:	IMG_20160812_222700-01.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	208145

Name:	IMG_20160812_222850-01.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	208146

Name:	IMG_20160812_222757-01.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	208147

Comment

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope the crushed garlic was not raw. In addition to off taste, at low temp they are high chance for botulinum. No good.

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Potkettleblack The garlic was raw and 1) no bitter taste and 2)No botulism danger cooking at 140° and also for <4 hours.

• l'inferno
            l'inferno commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks outstanding. Thanks for posting.

Friday night strip loinClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	208167

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm guessing it's all gone this morning. Very nice.

Beef Ribs, Grass-Fed from New Zealand, Silver Fern Farms Reserve Label

Name:	J3CjeJj.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	208252

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Wow, you got some coarse black pepper on them dudes?

Last night's 7.5lb Choice brisket flat. Smoked 10hrs with peach & hickory, and a ~2hr power cambro. I used a modified BBBR after a 20hr dry brine.

Served with roasted Brussels sprouts and home made garlic mashed redskin potatoes. Glass or three of Trefethen Merlot (an absolutely stunning Napa winery BTW).

Name:	IMAG0445.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	208351

Name:	IMAG0446.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	208352

Name:	IMAG0448.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	208353

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            I HATE trying to get pictures of flat pieces before they oxidize. Next time slice all the bark off and mail it to me. Thanks in advance.

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            I would tell you that it looks pretty dang good but I already have.

El Pollo Loco style chicken again. This is a shot of the thighs, the breasts needed a bit longer. Served with a mix of sweet potato and regular fries made in my new toy - a Philips air fryer - and salad.

Name:	epl4.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	208409

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Right on with that skin!!!

• mgaretz
            mgaretz commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Jerod Broussard. 50 minutes at 425f in the Rec Tec for the thighs, 60 minutes for the breasts.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here