Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night's char siu pork, with garden squash and garlic sauteed green beans. And risotto.

Click image for larger version

Name:	charsiu.PNG
Views:	325
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	203636

Name:	charsiu2.PNG
Views:	313
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	203637

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good Huskee

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Why thank you sirs bbqoaf Breadhead DWCowles

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      They were made with hickory, since it breaks my heart to make meat without wood smoke DWCowles, although Meathead is right char siu doesn't need smoke

richinlbrg, fuzzydaddy, Sorry Fellers, Neither of You or Your Beautiful Meals have "Authorized Me To Like You or Them? It's A Pity! @Pit Boss?
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Dan, consider installing Google Chrome web browser on your iPad from the App store, and see if it helps. I use it on my iPad mini and have had no issues. If you need help on how to find it let me know and I'll be glad to assist. I'm assuming you're currently using Safari.

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      I use Safari on my iPad Air and don't have any issues.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on what mgaretz said

Meatloaf, served with mashed cauliflower (the green specks in the cauliflower are chives).

Name:	ml81w.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	203799

Name:	ml81p.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	203798

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. I have a meatloaf recipe jotted down to do soon. Nothing too fancy, couple cheeses, gonna add some bacon. Little BBQ sauce at 155 internal.

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Not just nice ... VERY nice!

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 to what MBMorgan said!

The meat grinder arrived Sunday. Monday I ground a mixture of 2/3 chuck roast, (the fattiest one they had), and 1/3 boneless chuck short ribs. I trimmed as much fat as I could and ground that first so that all the fat would be pushed through the grinder. After grinding the meats, I added the fat back and mixed it in. I then formed it into patties and froze it. Tonight I cooked two patties for us and they were great. I did not tell my wife what I had done. I asked her how she liked the burger and she said it was great - tender and juicy with good flavor. Then I told her...
    To accompany the burgers we had homemade rolls, homegrown tomatoes, and homegrown heirloom field peas. It was a feast.

Name:	A07Y6508.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	203955

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a GREAT looking feast. We need a forum upgrade that supports food transport.

Skirt steak, SV something like 133x8or10h, then shocked and fridged for a week or two. Debagged, dried, rubbed with corn oil (first in the closet with a higher smoke point) and GrillMates Cowboy Rub. Warmed indirect, seared the rest of the way. Sliced ATG, with Mirai sweet corn (the SV version was better, but was also fresher). Wife said, "Buy that more often." High praise.
    Attached Files

Comment

Simple

Comment

Meatloaf casserole made from the leftovers. Basically the meatloaf cut into smallish chunks with noodles and a ketchup-based sauce that mirrors the ketchup-based glaze on the meatloaf., topped with panko. The sauce/glaze was ketchup, BBQ sauce and white sugar for both, but the casserole sauce had less sugar.

Name:	mlc.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	204047

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yummy. Great photo too!

Last nights cook: Pork Chops!
        I brined them for a few hours then put the Memphis Dust to them, while the LSG was stabilizing at 250℉(3-Pecan sticks). The 10 chops on the top rack got to 140℉ IT in about 90 minutes, so I pulled them. The 6 on the bottom rack were 133℉ IT. To speed things up and get a different crust, I finished them over the coal bed. My offset's Firebox doubles as a Grill. They turned out fantastic! Juicy, smoky, crusty goodness😀

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          That should read "THICK Pork Chops!"

I so miss those stuffed pork chops I ate growing up.

I present to you.... BEEF!

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Guest ... I just spent about 15 minutes in your photo library. That's a work of art. Tipping my hat to you Sir.👍

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          C'mon Earnest! ... my iPad screen is starting to develop a dent where the "Like" button goes ...

Name:	20160805_093856.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	204488yyyyummy 😋

Comment

Name:	20160805_094612.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	204492 and some marvelous spaghetti

Comment

My first pork butt with the SNS Plus 😊 12-hour cook and perfection. I couldn't be happier with this thing. What a great product.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by rgriffeath; August 5, 2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• martybartram
              martybartram commented
              Editing a comment
              I second that ^^

• bbqoaf
              bbqoaf commented
              Editing a comment
              You have such a nice butt.

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome!

Simple dinner of CAB sirloin steak (cooked SV to 125F and seared with a torch), corn and salad. The corn was so sweet it didn't need any butter or salt.

Name:	steak-corn.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	204634

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              You're getting very good with that torch!

• bbqoaf
              bbqoaf commented
              Editing a comment
              Love corn this time of year!

A naked burger

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              It don't look naked to me

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Delicious. Love guacamole!

I was out of sandwich bread, so today was the day to bake some.

Name:	A07Y6618.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	204819

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll have 1 loaf please! Looks delish RonB.

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice loaf... Basic white bread or sourdough?

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here