Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ted Reader's In and Out Burger with special sauce and grilled sweet tater fries. Lettuce, red onion, Cherokee tomato. Slapped a butt on the grill after cooking the burgers-going to make pulled pork chili tonight

Comment

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod I will get my dictionary out later. As to the hinge, I love it. I had pretty good leaks before I installed it so I put a gasket on before I installed the hinge. No leaks with the hinge.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Whenever Jerod Broussard post anything you will need dictionary close by

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet. Thanks.

First home-cooked meal after two weeks on the road and what do I make? Yep. Tri-tip!

Cooked for 8 hours SV at 128F then seared with a torch (love my Sansaire Searing Kit!). This was dry-brined for 2 hours with salt, a bit of pepper and dill seeds and vacuum packed. Then into the bath.

Was as tender as prime rib but much tastier!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tt715all.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	196070

Name:	tt715pl.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	196071

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Just curious if you have an embroidered tri-tip on all your clothing? Beef flavor out the ying yang is all I got to say about the "tip." And 100 other good things.....

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. Not even sure what that would look like.

GIDDY......

Comment

https://youtu.be/rNgac2gip1U Pulled pork chili coming up in a few hours

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Gonna make some with pulled chuck soon.

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      It turned out well despite being out of cumin, will post details later. I need to do a pulled chuck toast soon, have not done it yet.

Pulled beef pizza. Ok I cheated a little. This is delivery 'cheese lover's 5 cheese' pizza with only green peppers. But I added my leftover pulled beef, so I sorta cooked it, right?

So good it should be illegal.

Name:	pulledbeefpizza.PNG
Views:	288
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	196094

Comment

• Harry
      Harry commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheating's not cheating if you admit to what you did; then, it's "I just added some stuff."

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Delivery. I guess when I worked for a week in Bryan/College Station I got delivery. No delivery of anything in this town. Unless I am delivering the smoked goods.

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Semi-homemade.

Harry commented
    July 16th, 2016, 11:30 PM

Huskee, I've never used ash, but we do have a few "trash" trees I've got to cut soon (too close to the house). SO I don't have to do any work (smile), can you tell me what it's like? What flavor? Seems pretty mild. Should I save some chunks?

Harry Ash has become my favorite for ribs, and I've used lots of kinds of wood. Hard to compare it though...doesn't have the sweet incense smell of most fruit woods, but don' let that fool you. Mild, yes. The closest that I can realistically compare it to is maple. It burns hot if you were to burn full sticks/logs. I use chunks on the kettle with SnS too.

Definitely save all you can! Miter saw them down to chunk size. "Ash" just doesn't have the romance of apple, cherry, hickory, etc, but it's wonderful.
    Last edited by Huskee; July 16, 2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Harry
      Harry commented
      Editing a comment
      Doing some chainsaw work on downed pines tomorrow. I already tied a red "cut this" ribbon on a 6" diameter ash. That should hold me for the rest of the Summer. (smile)

Caveman tendencies.....

Throw a dap of butter for good measure

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy cow! How many spears did it take to bring that brontosaurus down?

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      A whole village... HAHAHA

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      Ernest, please adopt me! Good googley moogley that looks good!

Was planning on smoking a chuckie today, but late night and T-storms this morning made me go to plan B... Sous-B-Cue. Overnight dry brine, bagged with a dash of liquid hickory, two day voyage at 133* on my Nomiku Wifi (finally setup for wifi) shocked fridged and smoked next Saturday.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      "sous-b-cue". I like that term! We have BBQ, KBQ, and now SBQ.

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Woohoo, I figured out how to get the app to show Fahrenheit (with help from the Nomiku folks). Now get to see things in 'Murican temps. Woo hoo.

Working on a no sugar no grain waffle. Almost there, need a little tweaking

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      If no sugar and no grain, what's actually in the waffle?

PS- that chicken looks fantastic.

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Potkettleblack I'm playing with coconut flour, cream cheese and eggs. Baking powder as leavener

Sous chef Cody at his post while I reheat and sear off a couple of filets mignon I sous vided last week. 129x3, then 45 seconds a side over the sear station at pin the dome beyond 650. Grill grates or a baking steel might be in my future for this application. Dusted with SPG, then mine was topped with a bechamel variation I made with cheddar and worchester. Corn was the real sweet corn. Must be in season now, because this was like candy, with a Spanish olive oil and omnivore salt.

The bechamel variation increased the interest I had for the beef, as filet is not my thing. Just the cure, a funky sauce.
    Attached Files

Comment

FLBuckeye Since you have a SnS, try ABCbarbecue.com's pulled beef recipe. The short story is use a chuck roast and treat it exactly as you would a pork butt (with only minor variances), just with beef seasonings.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        Will try it soon. BBBR and low and slow until 165 or so, wrap, go to 203 or so?

Ordered a Blue's Hog sampler pack. Included Original, Tenessee Red, and a dry rub. This sauce tastes like cane syrup, with sugar added. I can also taste ground mace, cumin or chili powder, and the red pepper flakes, sorta. This is sickeningly sweet. A child would refuse to eat this. Tenessee Red, thinner and spicier, but still like candy syrup. You could use this as a candy apple glaze. The rub is paprika based, but I didn't use it. Memphis Dust is my preference on ribs. I always forget to snap photos of my finished ribs, but trust that they were awesome! Can't wait to cook again next weekend!
      Last edited by SteveFromLafayette; July 18, 2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        My family gets a little put off when I say no one eats until I snap 10 or 20 photos. You get a pass this time on finished photos since you did post a photo. All the best for your next cook!
        Last edited by fuzzydaddy; July 18, 2016, 06:59 PM.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        That Tennessee Red is unreal. The diesel is damn good too. Really sweet.

• SteveFromLafayette
        SteveFromLafayette commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks fuzzydaddy !

Spinaker What's diesel? Is that a nickname for the original?

Wife wanted to do grilled chicken salad. 3 pieces of chicken breast.. all 3 of significantly different sizes.. and the biggest one was still froze in the middle. I think she is intentionally trying to test my grilling talent. Sorry .. no pics

Comment

Here is a throwback to last week in Alaska. There is nothing better than fresh from the river Sockeye Salmon. I don't know what I liked better, the fight or the filet.......Not a bad problem to have.

Name:	IMG_0835.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	197232 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0831.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	197233 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0830.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	197234

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Alaska is an amazing place. Just amazing. I don't know how else to describe it. Huskee

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          GREAT looking catch and meal!
          Where in Alaska, Spinaker ? I've done some fishing in the Wrangle Narrows area (inland waterway - extreme southeast). What are the catch limits this year?

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          We flew into King Salmon then to an Otter to Lake Nonvinuk where the Alagnak River starts. Its right by Katmai National Park. That place was pretty amazing. richinlbrg

Garlic Parmesan wings!!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Those look incredible. I cant imagine how good these were. How did you cook them?

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker The old fashioned way. Fried in leaf lard. Then tossed in garlic butter and finished with real Parmesan Reggiano cheese.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds awesome

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here