Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday dinners at my house is like a restaurant. Everybody gets what they want. LOL.

Kids want meat lollipops... Here you go...

The wife on low carb, seafood type diet.... Here you go...

Well you know what daddy wants.....

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      I just run out of superlatives for you, Ernest !! AMAZING!

Smoking sausage, this stuff has pepper jack cheese with cayenne and garlic.

I can run a pretty steady 225 using wood chunks and a little heat from the propane burner.
    Attached Files

Comment

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that deer meat?

Made MH's Corned Beef Hash this morning.

EXCELLENT!!

Next time I make it, I'm going to try a couple changes for personal preference. I'll cut the cubes smaller. Also, since I like a crust on the top, so I'm going to try poaching the eggs separately, and when the recipe calls for putting the eggs on top, I'm going to try putting the hash under a broiler, then adding the poached eggs just before serving.

But those are personal pref only. This recipe ROCKS!!!! If you haven't tried it, hope you do!

Sorry, no pics. I just devoured it too fast.

Comment

The ribs off the Berkshire and hybreed pigs are always pretty skinny. Trying not to make jerky out of em with the homemade lump old school on the 26

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        How did they turn out Jon Solberg ?

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        Ehh, just practice at best.... There never good really.

Costco had some prime Tomahawk Ribeyes @$13.99/lb so I had to jump on that deal! Cooked on Slow N Sear with some red oak for flavor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4065.JPG
Views:	348
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	149864 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4075.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	149865 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4083.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	149866

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Costco?!

• smokinfatties
        smokinfatties commented
        Editing a comment
        yes in Los Angeles (Los Feliz) they sometimes have the Tomahawk prime ribeyes. I do not pass them up esp @13.99/lb!

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        smokinfatties ...

I get those Prime grade tomahawks at my Costco's in Torrance too.👍

Nice cook.👌

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmmm...love me some poke chops

Chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and jalapenos, wrapped in bacon. Baked beans and baked potato.
      Attached Files

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        That was the way my bacon wrap chicken breast was supposed to look like...next time I will turn the tv off. BTW that looks sooooooo good

• SteveFromLafayette
        SteveFromLafayette commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! It was very good.

Taco Tuesday..... On Monday

Comment

Late, but better than never....

Stuffed Buffalo boneless/skinless chicken breasts with Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo sauce. Stuffed with mix of mozz, provolone and sharp cheddar. Also did one with MMD instead of Buffalo.

This is the last time I try to do chicken at 225. 2 hrs until done! Boo.

Name:	IMAG9593.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	150011

Comment

Last night's dinner. Spatchcocked, injected (salt free), dry brined, S&G rubbed, then 340 for 70 minutes then seared. The only weird thing was that the thigh got to 165 by the time the breast was at 145 to start the sear. Still turned out juicy and delicious!

Comment

I made a char siu pork tenderloin - dry rubbed with Char Siu mix and SV'd for 5 hours at 145F then basted with honey and seared with the Sansaire Searing Kit torch. Made into a stir fry. Home made non-dairy peanut butter-banana ice cream for dessert.

Name:	char-siu-torch.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	150106

Name:	char-siu-stir.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	150107

Name:	pb-banana.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	150108

Comment

Just lunch...😋

Steakhouse Steakburger's. Sous Vide to 140° and then into the cost iron skillet to get a crust and some extra sharp Tillamook cheese. I made the caramelized onions while the patties were in the bath tub. I keep Glop in the fridge in a squeeze bottle 24/7.👌

It's an easy lunch cook.😋
              Attached Files

Comment

For dinner tonight; Apple wood smoked venison burger with habanero cheese, bacon, avocado and homemade chipotle cilantro crema on a toasted sesame seed bun. On the side is Brussels sprout slaw with cilantro, avocado and smoked blue cheese. Tastes like summer!

Comment

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a beautiful hamburger Lang. Good job and nice picture too.

Comment

• bbqoaf
                  bbqoaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great lookin 'Za.

Beef chuck shortr rib rack smoked Adam Perry Lang style using his rub and sauce recipes. Came out great. I also have another track of then in the brine to make ChefSteps short rib sous vide pastrami (no pic):
                Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here