Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after my pork shoulder was done today, I opened up the dampers and let her climb. I kicked it up to 500 F for a good round of Flax Oil seasoning with some vintage Cast Iron. One modern Lodge sauce pot, a Mid 20's Griswold #8 Block Logo, and a Nickel plated Griswold #5. I used to dislike the nickel finish on this old pan. But now that I have done a few rounds of Flax Oil seasoning with it, I love the color its taking on. Flax Oil gives cast iron a bronze hue, but with that nickel finish, the seasoning really shines. So thats what am cookin!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1404.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.12 MB ID:	235017Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1402.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.59 MB ID:	235018Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1400.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.94 MB ID:	235019

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that coppery bronze look! Where do you get your CI?

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      EBAY, Craig's List and Estate sales lately. I even found a few pieces at my uncles farm. I also have a lot of Lodge that I just buy. But the Vintage stuff so just so beautiful, and fun to cook with. Thunder77

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker, You have a Standing Offer of $5.00 for the Pair! 😇 From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
      BTW Check Out My Rib Post from Yesterday! I finally got everything up with the Good Help of fuzzydaddy

Very nice!

Kathryn

Comment

Meathead's pickled green damayters! (My spelling) Nice crunchy, garlicky, dilly vinegary goodness!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Thunder77; October 30, 2016, 05:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini Locker.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	235076Click image for larger version

Name:	Vison.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	235077
        The beauty of different cookers - I was able to smoke on my log burning Mini Meat Locker this morning but as darkness falls, I can transfer the brisket to my ceramic cooker and not worry about tending to the fire temp.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL Great minds think a like!! That's exactly what I just did! Good JOB!

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	235175Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	235176 More Korean, spicy rice noodles with marinated pork, tofu and a poached egg. Pork and tofu marinade was soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger and a touch of vinegar.

Noodle recipe here: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/bibimguksu

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          YUUUUUM! Beautiful presentation!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn that looks great!!!

Did my first hybird cook! (I started out on the Off Set cooker then when I wrapped the brisket I switched it to my akorn kamado) Thought I was gonna use my Pellet grill but it again is broken and I think this time its done for I had a choice Brisket in the mini fridge quickly approaching it done by date! So after I got up to take mom to church and she wasn't feeling well so didn't have to do that then I realized Cowboys dont play until tonight hey Brisket Time!. I promised myself once it cooled down I would start trying to tame the off set once more. Weather forecast a high of only 72, Perfect!! (although they got it wrong and it went up to 82!! Making this the hottest October in Lubbock's history!! oh well what can you do?)I knew it wouldn't be ready by the Cowboy game but it should be ready to wrap??? I know I'll fight with the offset until it reaches 175 internal then I'll wrap it and put it on the Akorn with the temp control that will keep it where I want for 10 hours with out having to do anything!! So thats what I did and I used comp briquettes as the main heat source instead of wood. I burned most of my Post oak 6 inch splits I had and went through 2/3rds of the bag (of briquettes) just getting the meat up to 175. Used the last 1/3rd of the bag to get the akron going and up to temp and was able to get the wrapped brisket on right after kick off. The IQ110 did its job and the pit sat at 235 for the whole game!! all I had to do was watch the maverick steadily climb I checked on the meat at half time everything was good and then as the post game was coming on the alarm went off (195) checked it wasn't quite probe tender so let it go till 198 when only the paper was giving any resistance! then 2 and a half hours in the Kooler and it was time to cut in (yeah its almost 3 am but its brisket!!) Wonderful bark best smoke ring I've produced in a long time. Tender juicy meat!! You know I may be on to something here!! (sorry its long winded I cant get back to sleep so thought I would bend your ears!! till I get sleepy!!) using the Charcoal as the main source of heat wasn't so bad. I was able to maintain 225 to 255 with out much trouble. I just ordered some 12 inch splits (oak and cherry) because next week the highs are only suppose to be 70 or so!! time to make friends with the off set!! hope you all have a good week!! Click image for larger version  Name:	hybrid brisket bark.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.32 MB ID:	235220Click image for larger version  Name:	hybrid brisket cut in two.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.95 MB ID:	235221Click image for larger version  Name:	hybrid brisket slices.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.51 MB ID:	235222

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, whoa! Beautiful!

• smokinfatties
          smokinfatties commented
          Editing a comment
          that looks beautiful!

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!

[QUOTE=GadjetGriller;n235219]
        WOW!!! That is a thing of beauty my friend!!! That looks incredible. Juicy, great color and a killer smoke ring. It feels great when things come together!!

Comment

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Spinaker Especially when I really hadn't planned anything. Things just sort of fell into place...Hummm maybe I should stop planning everything and just start doing!!

First cook with the new Smoke. Wet, cold and windy day, so a bit of a challenge. The results were very good, however. Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQ1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	235281Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQ2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	235282

Comment

And who says you can't get a good bark with a pellet rig? Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork shoulder.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	235289

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Looooove me some bark.

• GadjetGriller
            GadjetGriller commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a great looking Hunk o meat!! Wonderful bark!!

Quick NY Strip on a Football Sunday. $8 piece of steak from the store that requires a little grill time is always going to be better than dropping $8 for Wendys or some other fast food window. Ahh, it's the little freedoms that make this adulting thing kind of worth it Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1465.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.85 MB ID:	235343

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I see a butter knife with a steak which only means one thing - TENDER! Good job.

• KiloVolt89
            KiloVolt89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good eye! and thank you

matthew not only canceled my dinner party but forced us to evacuate...took the prime rib with us...cooked it on my brother in law's weber Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1668.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	235712Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1669.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	235713

Comment

• GadjetGriller
            GadjetGriller commented
            Editing a comment
            hope Matthew didn't disrupt your life to bad! but I'm betting your brother in law was happy to see ya!

Niiiiice. That looks great. ^^^^^^^

Comment

Pizza night!

Name:	IMG_2135.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	374.5 KB
ID:	235907

Comment

We had a 75 degree day forecasted (November 1 in Michigan!) and my wife decided a couple of days ago that we should take advantage of it and have outdoor pizza for dinner....

Name:	IMG_0698.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	235935Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0699.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	397.7 KB
ID:	235934Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0697.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	386.4 KB
ID:	235936

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                fuzzydaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Fantastic! Nice photos.

• GadjetGriller
                GadjetGriller commented
                Editing a comment
                Thats looks fantastic!! is that an ad on for a weber grill? That may be the thing that puts me over the top on getting one!!

• JeffJ
                JeffJ commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, it's an after-market add-on GadjetGriller. And I love it.

They wanted Hawaiian chicken.... So, I made this one on the smoker

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here