Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pork Butt 001.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	231001
    1st butt on the stickburner...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Pork Butt 002.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.44 MB ID:	231002
    Plain ol' Dalmation, KISS principle...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Pork Butt 003.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.62 MB ID:	231003
    Pulled to rest overnight, will finish tomorrow. Click image for larger version  Name:	Pork Butt 004.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.85 MB ID:	231004
    Looks / smells divine, can't wait until it's finished!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork Butt 005.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	231005
    Snacks while cooking... Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork Butt 006.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	231006
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 17, 2016, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep It Simple Smartee!!

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Making me hungry this morning! Looks great!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I miss HYVEE. I can't wait till they come up here and take over! Cub Foods is the worst. HV is already moving into southern MN. It's only a matter of time. Ham Salad anyone?

Orange chicken, from a box from Costco. Made the chicken in the air fryer - it came out great - nice and crispy and not greasy. Served with fried rice (from the previous night's leftover basamati) and stir fried bok choy.

Name:	orange-chicken.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	231355

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I love orange chicken and this looks really good.

Snake River Farms American Wagyu Tri Tip. You pay for this stuff, but man is it good! I get a deal on it at 14.99/lb. Its a nice treat but the Costco prime grade tri-tips are definitely my favorite when considering price. Wrapped some asparagus in bacon, added some BBBR and sauced them up. Excellent!

Tri Tips were rubed with BBBR and used S'n'S with the new Grill Grates for the SNS.​​​​​​​

Name:	image_28610.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	231366

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8174..jpg Views:	1 Size:	265.7 KB ID:	231365
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smokinfatties; October 18, 2016, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell Yes!! I've got family in SF and SD, so I do make it out there from time to time. I'd love to rip some tri-tips over the coals, among other things. smokinfatties

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker we've got great tri tips, beef etc. but the real show stopper here in CA are the greens! ;-) Let me know if you make it down to SD, I have family down there too!

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic!

SRF American Wagyu Flatiron. Marbling was INSANE. Flavor was excellent. Added some BBBR. Wife took my truck which had my SnS and grill grates in the back of it so had to make do. No sexy grill marks but it was Epic! First time trying one of these. Worth it! Click image for larger version

Name:	RAW.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	231866Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	231867Click image for larger version

Name:	Complete.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	231868

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd eat that beef RAW!!

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Man that looks AWESOME!

Just purchased a GMG Jim Bowie a few months back. Cooked on it several times and loving it. Here's a brisket cook below. I was worried about getting enough smoke from the pellet grill, but I have been really impressed. Looking for any tips on how to firm up the bark on a brisket or pork butt when you wrap without drying out. I unwrap and put them back on after a rest in feaux cambro but tends to start to dry out before firming up. would love to get the best of both worlds with wrapped moisture and unwrapped bark.

Comment

Name:	IMG_6922.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	231877Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6922.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	231876 Brisket
      Attached Files

Comment

• bbqoaf
        bbqoaf commented
        Editing a comment
        Gaw-jus brisket!

• smokinfatties
        smokinfatties commented
        Editing a comment
        Try butcher paper if you havent yet. Add a little beef broth when wrapping to keep moisture. With briskets, I also spray again after taking off to re-hydrate, and this usualy doesnt compromise bark

Also tried Porchetta on my BGE. Everything went well but would def go lighter on the fennel next time (or none at all)
      Attached Files

Comment

1st butt on the stickburner... Part II.

After smoking the butt 6~ hours Sunday night, I cooled it, and put it in the fridge. It was right in the stall, IT ~ 158°. Pics above in this thread.
        I used approx 3 chimneys of Kingsford Hickory, with 4-5 smallish chunks of hickory throughout the cook.

Monday night, I smoked it an additional 6 hours +, using KBB, and several small pieces of apple. I was only able to get the IT to ~185° in the thick parts. Put it back to fridge after cooling. Here's how it looked at that point:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2389.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	231964
        Tuesday, right after work, I put it into the oven @170°, straight from the fridge, in a covered foil pan,for 30~mins... I incremented the temps up at 30 min intervals, 200, 225, rotated end-wise, 250, 275, 300°. At this point my IT in the thick was 185°,so I flipped the fat side down to give it the brunt of the heat. When I got my IT of 200-205, I pulled it, and here is the result: Please note this is the bottom of the butt: All IT's were 'Thermopopped'.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2402.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	231965
        It was quite late, but I flaked off some meat from around the bone, to eat before bedtime. Yummy pulled pork dreams!!!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2403.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.37 MB ID:	231966
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2408.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	231977Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2409.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.86 MB ID:	231978
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 20, 2016, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Breaded Pork Tenderloin with Dill Cream Sauce...... Just in in time to watch the Cubbies Win!!!!!!!

Name:	IMG_3083.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	371.1 KB
ID:	231971Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3089.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	374.1 KB
ID:	231973Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3088.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	231970Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3090.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	392.3 KB
ID:	231972

Comment

• troymeister
            troymeister commented
            Editing a comment
            David Parrish BTW The Drip N Griddle Pan Rocks!!

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Love that veggie pic. Can we use it?

• troymeister
            troymeister commented
            Editing a comment
            Of course...anything to help out....Wait until you see the Paella I am going to do on that pan soon.

Can't do much outdoor cooking. But.......

Comment

I wanted a burger but didn't want to make a bunch of buns. So I whipped up a single bun........ Almost zero carbs

Happy Friday!

Comment

Wangs!

Comment

• bbqoaf
              bbqoaf commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good, I've got some Asian style wings on the go right now, I'll post later.

What you got going on flavour wise?

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing fancy, just a sprinkle of Harissa Spice

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Ernest, what'd ya make for the sauce pictured? Looks yummy, mustard-based...??? ;-)

Gorgeous Wangs, and Splendid photography, as always!

Thanks fer sharin'!

Comment

Mr. Bones The sauce is my homemade macadamia nut oil mayo.
              I mixed it with some red wine vinegar, a touch of chipotle Tabasco and mixed Italian herbs to turn it to a dip.
              2 eggs yolks
              1 Cup macadamia nut oil
              1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
              1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
              A pinch of salt
              A pinch of chipotle powder (little heat, smoke)

Immersion blender, beat done!

Comment

Ernest how about a little hot sauce for those wings. This ain't for the faint of heart. Pure Smokin Eds Carolina Reaper peppers, some vinegar and spices. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0838.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	232446Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0836.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	232447

Comment

• Ernest
                  Ernest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm against any HOT hot sauce on food. I want to taste what I'm eating. I can put hot sauce on the table for folks to use as they please.

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dude how can you even cook those inside?

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was the first time I made this sauce this way. And probably won't do it again inside. Thank God no one else was home. It was pretty wicked.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here