Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be wing day in the Pit. Rubbed with Oaf modified MMD (add lots of chilli powder, a little nutmeg, a little more powdered ginger and a pinch of cayenne) and most finished with Oaf's Honey Siracha glaze.

Oaf's Honey Siracha Glaze:
    1/4 cup honey
    1/4 cup Siracha (less for less heat)
    1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
    Pinch of salt
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	226745

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesomeness!

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee DWCowles Powersmoke_80 thanks! I've been all about the wings lately when I crave Q but don't have time for a long cook.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks to posts like this I ordered some wings to my room last night and will be ordering again tonight. For $0.50 more you can order all flats or drummies. I like the flats (wingettes).

Tonight I made beef stew. The beef was chuck and the stew included potato, carrot, parsnip, peas, celery, onion and barley. Made the in Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker. The beef came out super tender.

Name:	beef-stew.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	226781

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yummy!

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect Fall comfort food!

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep its getting close to Pressure cooker time!! (I love making Soups in mine) your stew looks wonderful!! Fall may be my favorite time of the year!! (of course when spring comes around next year I'll say the same about it!! Just really hate summers here in Texas lol)

Name:	IMG_3240.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	226814 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3241.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	226815 A couple weeks ago, bought some SLCs that I intended to smoke. Didn't realize I had something to go to on Sunday. So, froze em. Next week, rainy weekend. So, Sous vide to the rescue.

Cooked Sunday-Monday, fridged until Sunday, finished in the oven. Not bad, but needs work.

Comment

PBC cooked pastrami following Meathead's recipe but with David Parrish SV method replacing the steaming step.

Name:	Pastrami.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	226869

Makes great lunch sandwich!

Name:	Pastrami Sandwich.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	226870

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great! Do you prefer SV over steam now?

• johnec00
        johnec00 commented
        Editing a comment
        David Parrish . . . Yes, I never figured out how to do the steam thing without washing off too much of the rub, and this seemed to retain more moisture as well. A sample of one, but I have to say its now my preferred method of finishing pastrami.
        Last edited by johnec00; October 3, 2016, 02:56 PM.

• johnec00
        johnec00 commented
        Editing a comment
        FWIW, I used the other half of this flat to try the converse (SV-Rub-Refrigerate-Smoke). Not good . . . very dry. Made good pastrami hash though.

Last weekend we had the Wings Over Wine Country Air Show, wife invited some friends to my work hanger and we had a cook out while watching some pretty impressive flying, did up 6 racks of KC style ribs with MD and Apricot Honey glaze, also did 7 lbs of blackened chicken wings, wasn't much left at the end of the show Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1310.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	226882 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1312.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	226883

Name:	IMG_1313.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	226884 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1316.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	226885 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1319.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	226886 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1321.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	226887
      Attached Files

Comment

• OneEyedJack
        OneEyedJack commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, so where is the post detailing your PBC mods?

Pretty Please with a cherry on top!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.35 MB ID:	227375
      Grilled pineapple and poundcake with spiced rum caramel sauce.

Comment

• ribeyeguy
        ribeyeguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, I'm not much of a sweet eater but that has me drooling. I'd have to ditch the cherry but I'd rip into the rest of it. Good job!

• bbqoaf
        bbqoaf commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you grill the cake itself as well as the pineapple? That looks amazing!

• Powersmoke_80
        Powersmoke_80 commented
        Editing a comment
        bbqoaf yes I used clarified butter brushed on each side and grilled to toast it, center was still moist. It worked out excellent!
        Thanks! ribeyeguy

Here's a really poor picture of some pub burgers and Some ABTs. No question that the Grill Grates saved the flare ups on this cook. Otherwise I would have had a blazing grease fire.

Name:	IMG_1300.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	227478

Comment

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Worry not Spinaker ... poor pics of good food beat good pics of poor food every time ... ...

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point!! Thanks!! MBMorgan

• Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point MBMorgan. Just like a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.

9.5 pounds of bacon smoking now! Repurposing a rib rack to make it all fit!
      Attached Files

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        RonB exactly!

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks Great!! if its anything like around here you should have enough Bacon to last 2 days easy ok maybe 1 and a half!!!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a thing of beauty. You should be proud.

Tri-tip again. SV'd at 130F for 8 hours then torch-seared and finally seasoned with salt, pepper and dill seeds. Served with white corn and salad.

Name:	image_28131.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	227833

Name:	image_28130.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	227831
      Attached Files

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Great job! It don't get any better than that.👍 Tri-Tip+Sous Vide+a grill = A poor man's filet. Fire & Water works wonders😎

• mgaretz
        mgaretz commented
        Editing a comment
        And a poor man's prime rib is 24-48 hour chuck roast.

• Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        mgaretz, you may be the King of SV! --Ed

Today's No-Meat lunch. A little cayenne pepper and honey mustard dressing.

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	227845

Comment

• mgaretz
        mgaretz commented
        Editing a comment
        You could get fired for this...

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        I know mgaretz! Nothing even cooked. The only heat is from the cayenne pepper. Too many bbq pounds have found me lately, so one meal a day has meat. I'd eat meat 3 meals a day if my body burned more calories. :-)

• Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        You're Fired! But it looks like you're on the path to redemption based on the posts below with the PartyQ. LOL!

This 8.5 pound pork butt goes on the Weber Kettle at 01:00 for Saturday dinner. I'm using my PartyQ for the first time for a butt in the kettle. I'll be getting some sleep for a few hours.

Name:	IMG_0118.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	228252

Comment

Rainy Night Chicken Thigh Stir Fry

Name:	IMG_1190.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	415.0 KB
ID:	228293

Comment

That looks delicious. Off to the kitchen to see what I can find...

Comment

Started with a 10 pound bag of chicken leg quarters, trimmed off backs, dry brined and dusted skin side with baking powder. Next day, rubbed the 11 legs with Herbs de Provence and cooked in my PBC.

Name:	Raw.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	228303

Name:	Cooking.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	228304

Name:	Cooked.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	228305

Since I eat dinner alone 4 nights a week, I wrap most these individually and freeze. Then dinner is a microwaved chicken leg and some easily prepared accompaniments. Here a twice baked potato and some frozen green beans. Tastes pretty good, and meets minimum requirements for sustenance.

Name:	Dinner.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	228306

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful

• GadjetGriller
              GadjetGriller commented
              Editing a comment
              "meets minimum requirements for sustenance" I need to up my requirements! Ramen noodles' is my Minimum, what you got there is fine dinning!!

Hi,

First, I'd like to thank #1, MH, AR, and SnS for making this possible on 10/2/16. This site and everyone here ROCKS!

Smoked with Pecan and Rubbed with BBBR.

Ready to Crutch @ 180. Is that an SnS? You Bet!
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Ready_2_Crutch.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	228583
            Outta the Faux -- yes, it was coming apart at the seams

Name:	Outta_Faux.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	228584
            Results: Never tasted anything like this before. Swear it's the most delicious beef we've ever eaten!

Name:	Chuck_Pulled.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	228585
            The Cooking Log provides valuable information and shows opportunities for improvements... ( Note: Vent settings are recorded as numbers like temperatures, so 50 is 1/2, 25 is 1/4, 13 is "crack". See Intake settings at 907 and 921 ) Obviously "ran hot", but I think it shortened the dreaded Stall.
            Next time I'll "crack" the intake when I hit the almighty 225 and let it run.

Name:	Cook_Chart.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	228586
            Happy Cooking to All, and to All a Good Cook!

--Ed
            Last edited by Medusa; October 8, 2016, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Medusa
              Medusa commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't know why the images aren't full size. Need to click to see them. Re-uploaded @3:57 and have gone from bad to worse.

OK, 3rd time's a charm. 800 x 600 uploaded to AR as "Large"
              Last edited by Medusa; October 8, 2016, 07:30 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here