Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 27, Fall / Autumn 2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipurpose cook today. Two double smoked hams (one goes to a neighbor) and since the Kamado was fired up, threw on the chuck roast for tomorrow night’s chili.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	25A05E01-9D77-42F2-99D9-B0E89D4CB4FB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	1349281 Hard to see in this picture as things went onto the grill, but this chuck roast, from the Publix meat counter, had incredible marbling. Dry brined overnight and dusted with Meathead Red Meat rub.

And here’s the chuck at 170.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8F04B8D9-4447-4837-9D36-100DBB570E11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.64 MB ID:	1349282 The hams are still going as I write this. There may or may not be updates on them. Chaos, of the very best grandbaby kind, reigns supreme today in our house.

Comment

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      Distraction of the best kind!

Pit Boss Chicken

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4351.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	1350015

Name:	IMG_4352.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1350014

Comment

Christmas Turkey

Name:	IMG_4364.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1350514

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great!
      Just so you know. We have a new "Show Us What You're Cooking" for winter. This is the Fall post.

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful bird...

• Clawbear57
      Clawbear57 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nicely done. What did you cook it on?

Sadly, summer's over in the northern hemisphere..... Time to upgrade to..... Show Us What You're Cooking Volume 27, Fall/Autumn 2022! Here's a link to the past SUWYC 26 (Summer2022) https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/food-recipes-techniques-show-us-what-youre-cooking/show-tell/1240113-show-us-what-you-re-cooking-suwyc

Comment

Moved to correct (winter) thread…

Comment

I love me some smoked meatloaf, Mexican style. Recipe filed under BEEF

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4378.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.09 MB ID:	1351738

And Christmas Leftovers

Name:	IMG_4379.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	1351739
        Last edited by SammyJ; December 27, 2022, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah baybeee!

First time trying the braided pork loin. Used Meatheads Memphis Dust and it was delicious.
        Attached Files

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great. I’ve never tried that. What’re the advantages over a regular loin?

Mainly I’d say more surface area for salt and rub, plus the presentation was killer. The “medallion” slices from the braid had tons of flavor while staying juicy. My wife was super happy with it. I’d do it again.

Comment

Maque Choux for lunch/dinner. Damn this house smells good. I am so excited for my family to try this. #homecooking
          Attached Files

Comment

Sourdough waffles
            Attached Files

Comment

• treesmacker
              treesmacker commented
              Editing a comment
              What a pic! Let's dive into that!

• JuergenQ
              JuergenQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Yummy

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh snap!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here