Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 26, Summer 2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 26, Summer 2022

Summer's here! Time to upgrade to.....

Show Us What You're Cooking Volume 26, Summer 2022!

Here's a link to the past SUWYC 25 (Spring 2022) https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...25-spring-2022

NEW: Want even more bragging rights for your great food shot? Be sure to post a great picture of something you cooked using our Meathead's Amazing rubs or sauce, with the bottle(s) in the pic, and you could win a thank you gift from us and get your name and photo savvy notoriety out there. More details on the Meathead's Amazing Photo Challenge here.

Grinded my own burgers from chuck roast. Cooked with kamado joe and grill grates.
    Attached Files

Comment

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the ultimate first post on the summertime SUWYC. Thank you for nailing it with these fatties 💯❤️❤️❤️🔥🔥🔥🐿

• TheAmazingJohnJ
      TheAmazingJohnJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Grinding your own hamburger is the best way to go!

• Mister C
      Mister C commented
      Editing a comment
      Good night, those look good.

Finally had a little time to relax so I took advantage of it and did some ribs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220606_164418.jpg
Views:	2044
Size:	306.9 KB
ID:	1240179 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220606_181623.jpg
Views:	2038
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	1240180

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to see the Celtics go down.

• Whiskeyman53
      Whiskeyman53 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a good run until the finals when they fell apart, but we have the hottest team in baseball right now.

• TheAmazingJohnJ
      Editing a comment
      That's pretty!

Here is the lone picture I took of the prime rib I cooked on father day. I used my Shirley Fabrication for the reverse sear approach and did the sear on my Weber kettle using the vortex & a cast iron pan. We served it with sweet potatoes and oven roasted veggies (not pictured).
    Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks marvelous!

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful!! Happy Fathers Day 💯🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Prime rib? This looks like a pork chop to me.

Smoked spatchcocked chicken + SVQ corn tonight
    Attached Files

Comment

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Really nice! 🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

• TheAmazingJohnJ
      Editing a comment
      What's that sauce on the plate?

• BradNorthGA
      BradNorthGA commented
      Editing a comment
      TheAmazingJohnJ Carolina BBQ sauce blend from a local farmer's market

Red curry and rice chicken bake Click image for larger version

Name:	9E2D4ACA-1C14-4C17-9DB5-3BE7DC0EB45C.jpg
Views:	2039
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	1240314

Comment

Bone in rib-eye 1# from local grocery. On sale for $8.99/#. Got 4 of them. Done on Kettle with a grilled baked potato. Nice quality meat and with M.H.'s rub you can't go wrong.

Name:	20220621_185732.jpg
Views:	2064
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	1240320 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220621_190335.jpg
Views:	1988
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1240321 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220621_190357.jpg
Views:	2009
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	1240322
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cooked perfectly

Celebrating The Solstice with ribs and thighs,

Name:	BE516F59-9B62-454E-A78F-8D782BB327C2.jpg
Views:	2053
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	1240331

Comment

• MsTwiggy
        MsTwiggy commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Solstice!!! Those look super 💯🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

Salmon, rice, broccoli
      Attached Files

Comment

For the solstice we did as druids: we ate pig flesh and drank strong ale.

Name:	054C7006-19A3-4333-83F1-C9A3BE6EBEE7.jpg
Views:	2019
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	1240393

Name:	A855D787-E160-4A95-B153-60C74617DD9A.jpg
Views:	2066
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	1240394

Name:	E53E42FB-6F0F-4E1F-AABF-8E6F33ECA326.jpg
Views:	2011
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	1240392

Name:	9C8CF78C-0656-4975-923E-9EFF7F512AB5.jpg
Views:	2019
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	1240391

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Mark V the beans were outstanding. I put about a pound of trimmings and half a dozen strips of bacon, some green and red pepper and garlic and onions, plus some bbq sauce.

• TheAmazingJohnJ
          Editing a comment
          That might be the perfect plate!

• bunky2021
          bunky2021 commented
          Editing a comment
          Heritage Farms in Wayne County...you are a person who spares no expense to put the finest quality products on the table for your friends & loved ones.

Not cooked yet but after 30 day age in cryovac I separated the point from the flat to dry brine this prime brisket. Will cook come the weekend. I am also rendering the 8# of fat I trimmed off it to inject to keep everything moist. It wasn't my intention to separate but I was trimming the fat between the muscles and got pretty far because the fat layer was exceptionally thick and I figured I may as well give it a try this way.
        Attached Files

Comment

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Good job! You can trim contest brisket for me any time! One thing you might want to do is shape the flat to get a more oval shape. The sides can be cut up into stew meat size chucks and frozen for later use in ground meat or stew. I look forward to seeing that cooked!

• MsTwiggy
          MsTwiggy commented
          Editing a comment
          CandySueQ thanks for the tip!! 🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          Same thing happened to me recently while trimming a prime packer from Costco. Realized far into the trim I may as well separate point from flat. Turned out OK but the flat was one of the thinnest I’ve ever smoked.

Late night fajitas

Name:	20220621_214029~2.jpg
Views:	1986
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1240445

Comment

• TheAmazingJohnJ
          Editing a comment
          Is that the Cuisinart griddle? How do you like it? I considered buying one but was hesitant due to the lack of edges on the griddle to contain my sloppy cooking.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          TheAmazingJohnJ No, it's an EVO grill. I like it quite a bit. It did take a little practice but I don't lose much off the sides anymore.
          Last edited by Attjack; June 27, 2022, 09:22 PM.

• wag
          wag commented
          Editing a comment
          That's one nice looking griddle & the food on it.

Finally got around to cooking up a couple of pork shoulder blade steaks that I had custom cut by my local Foodland grocery store butcher to 1.5" thick. Dry brined for 24 hours then rubbed one with a Club House Brazilian BBQ rub and the other with Carne Crosta. I reverse seared these at 225* on my MGS to an internal temp of 135* and then rested while the MGS came up to 500*+. A quick sear and they were done. I loved them both but the Carne Crosta one was the clear winner. Also made a Mexican street corn salad from Serious Eats on the Blackstone that was out of this world and so simple to make.
        https://www.seriouseats.com/esquites...n-salad-recipe

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220619_154129.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	1240460

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220619_164259.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.74 MB ID:	1240463

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220619_165011.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.72 MB ID:	1240462

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220619_165131.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	1240461

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220619_163001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	1240459

Name:	image_178933.jpg
Views:	1911
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	1240457

My grill buddy keeping her eye on things

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220619_164436.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.24 MB ID:	1240456
        Last edited by pkadare; June 22, 2022, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• TheAmazingJohnJ
          Editing a comment
          Love street corn! That and grilled garlic-parmesan potatoes are my go-to summer sides.

Had a pretty terrible day at work yesterday.......Nothing was going right. Very little sleep the last three night because of it.......

However, fear not! Ribs kinda came to the rescue. I made one rack with Meat Church Deez-Nuts Honey Pecan Rub. And the other rack with some Oak Ridge BBQ Saigon 21.

Sabrina wanted some Korean BBQ'd ribs, so I glazed these with some Kalbi sauce. I added some Tianmian, Chili paste and some Rutty Buck Syrup for sweetness. Those were dang good!
        ​ Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 6-22-22 at 9.42 AM.jpg
Views:	2020
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1240533

Comment

• efincoop
          efincoop commented
          Editing a comment
          I also have Siagon 21, but haven't tried it on ribs yet. How was it?

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          It is awesome on ribs! So good. Give it a go! efincoop

• efincoop
          efincoop commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Spinaker, I will!

Detroit style pizza for Father's Day, family requested this so I obliged. They wanted "all the meats", so I went with locally made Italian sausage, pepperoni and black pepper dry salami. We had a chaser of statins available for those who needed it.

Used mozzarella roughly grated and some sharp cheddar. I usually prefer white cheddar, but there was a mix up on the grocery go getter's part. Cooked in my Lloyd's pan 10x14 with a touch of olive oil, home made dough, Rao's pizza sauce and the aforementioned meats. Cooked at 500F on the weber kamado for about 20 mins.

Attached Files

Comment

• au4stree
          au4stree commented
          Editing a comment
          @Ms Twiggy, it tasted like Cheeze-its, I think that's why I like Detroit style so much. That crust.....

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, that look fantastic!

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking edges!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here