Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tested out Raichlen's pastrami bacon recipe and was happy with the result. Starting a larger batch today for some friends!
    Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Make it larger & we’ll be over.

Whole Fried "Trimmed and Ready" Chicken Breast. Cover both sides with Tony's. Let sit in fridge uncovered for a couple days. Fry at 325-350 to get total darkness. Wrap in foil take to 160. Drop onions in oil long enough to make them taste Not-Raw.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220304_140857.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1184505

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks really good. I’ve done sautéed onions on just about everything but chicken breast. Going to do it now.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      So, like a fried chicken tender with no breading....hmmm...

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      texastweeter I typically use cornmeal and was out, plus maybe Tony's contains Wheat

Pork loin chops tonight. First, dry brined. Then stuffed with smoked Gouda cheese. Finally, wrapped in bacon and cooked on the pellet grill until internal reached 140ish. Finished in the cast iron skillet to crisp the bacon. Served with a broccoli casserole. Delicious!

Name:	402708BB-E1B2-401E-8CE4-163097B378EE.jpeg
Views:	315
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1184573

Name:	FB8EC398-CA06-4E3E-9DE0-BB05981E4581.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	1184574

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Winner

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      That got my mouth watering. Well done.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice combo

Shish Kabobless again. I don't like skewering all the meat and veggies, so I use a perforated pan to grill this hot and fast. Beef, chicken, and veggies with a homemade Asian Sauce.

Name:	20220304_174534[1].jpg
Views:	272
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	1184595

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks delicious!

• DTro
      DTro commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea! Love skewers for serving and presentation but this looks just as good.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve got one of those pans, haven’t used it in like forever. Perhaps this is some inspiration, sure looks delicious!

Chicken covered with holy voodoo rub, yellow rice and salad.

Name:	20220304_195115.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	393.1 KB
ID:	1184636 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220304_195209.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	396.2 KB
ID:	1184637

Comment

• DTro
      DTro commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks really good. How do you do your rice? It looks delicious.

• Slieb845
      Slieb845 commented
      Editing a comment
      DTro its yellow rice from the store. just followed package directions. Boil water, add rice and stir for 1 minute, let it simmer on low for 20- 25 min. the crust on the bottom is the best part!

Made a left turn this evening. Manicotti, store bought. The last of our Thanksgiving sausage, braciole and sauce. Loaded with parmagania cheese Baked 30 minutes. Small portion of baguette and Chianti.

Name:	20220304_191916.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1184650 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220304_192407.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1184651

Comment

• DTro
      DTro commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good! Chianti pics of it didn't happen😀

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I just downloaded recipes for both. I’m thinking about a long cook of braciole and sausage in gravy this weekend! Timely post !!

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman just asked my wife if she has a recipe. No, she just does it. Only been 20 plus years. Hers is done indoors and I can assure you smoke doesn't kiss it. But damm it's freakin' delicious.

Broke in my new Weber Genesis II ep335..

Name:	20220304_153614.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	1184743 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220304_174522.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1184738 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220304_174723.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1184740 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220304_180642.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1184739 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220304_182504.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	1184742
    Attached Files

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      @DaveD
      That is presmoked (in store) bone in pork ribloin

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Look at Elton, Upping his game to notches unknown 👍

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, I like that fancy grill grate. Breaking in a new BBQ toy with some piggie is perfect. Great job and good choice! The pig is my BBQ spirit animal, I love its meat so much.

Kathryn

Sometimes your expectations aren't met and today was one. Food was ok, but was looking forward to more of a wow. Oh well.

Name:	IMG_20220305_192225.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	330.5 KB
ID:	1184784

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      While the taste might not have knocked your socks off, the photo is pretty darn good.

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks good. What was missing for you? (For the photo, something green and something orange?)

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper just wanted more from the meal. While preparing I was sure it was going to be better than it was. Such happens.

Making Italian Beef (MH’s recipe) with a chuck roast and some pork belly burnt ends on the WSM. I set the flame boss for 250F. An hour into the cook the dome thermo read 400F. I of course dismissed it as another malfunctioning WSM thermo until the beef hit 130F in 1hr 50 min. Then I realized I had put the flame boss pit temp probe over the pan of juice for the beef, throwing off the flame boss. But now I am wondering at what temp did I actually cook the beef at??

Added pic of Pork Belly Burnt Ends.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by awsop; March 5, 2022, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't comment on the temp issue, but that is going to be delicious. FWIW, Chicago Italians weren't checking temps.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      The added photo is awesome!

Name:	20220305_121539.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1184880

A rainy day in southern Minnesota so...Fish Chowder to warm us up Made with Smoked Salmon, Clams, and Shrimp.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Almost midnight and hot here. I could do that right now regardless of the weather. Looks super good Sir.

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      Skip what a coincidence, it's rainy here in northern Iowa too. But I don't have any of that wonderful looking chowder to warm me up.

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      Killer comfort food!

After years of faithful service and been rusted through i decided it was time to retire my old weber kettle so had my 1st cook on my new weber tonight. Grilled pork steaks. Cut from a chunk of meat, marinated in mayonnaise with a homemade rub and left for a few hours before cooking

Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Food looks really great, and congrats on the new Weber. Only problem I’m having is that guy staring at us on the pepper grinder, kind of creeping me out.😂

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't help but notice that Matsu organic wine bottle. I bought all three "flavors" of that varietal. The labeling was so clever--with each length of aging, the wine label aged too--from a young guy to a middle aged guy and then an older guy. I liked the older guy bottle of wine the best (much to my fella's relief, since he figures he won't have to worry in the coming years. I didn't tell him I like the young guy's picture the best, though . Well, who wouldn't, I'm thinking
      K.
      Last edited by fzxdoc; March 5, 2022, 05:00 PM.

• Draznnl
      Draznnl commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on the new kettle. Nice looking cook to initiate it with.

Tonight's cook and sorta review. I searched for the Breville Smart Grill section and did not find it.
    This grill rocks. Cooked bacon at 400, dialed down to 350 and cooked the burgers.

Name:	IMG_2358.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	1184911

Name:	IMG_2359.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	1184912

Name:	IMG_2360.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	1184913

Name:	IMG_2361.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1184914

Comment

• SammyJ
      SammyJ commented
      Editing a comment
      No, it does not. Actually, the heating element is built into the plate, and it only goes in one way. Top and bottom can be reversed, and the plates are available.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc - do you have the waffle attachment for yours? It is is great!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      No, tbob4 , the waffle iron plate was only available on the smaller sized Cuisinart griddle. I opted for the larger size but alas, no waffle attachment.

Kathryn

Was so satisfied with my last meat order from Porter Road that I recently got another one. First thing I tore into from it was the ground beef, made some burgers yesterday. We each had an extra piece of bacon on the side...because I accidentally made too much

Delicious!
    Attached Files

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      No such thing as too much bacon.

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Too much bacon? Seriously?

The burgers look great😁

• Draznnl
      Draznnl commented
      Editing a comment
      Your burger looks tremendous. Clever of you to cook a side order of bacon and call it extra.

Disclaimer: I didn't cook these. Our good friends brought us supper tonight as I was recently discharged from the hospital. In addition to a beautiful chicken pot pie and the fixings, Mike sent over a batch of pork belly burnt ends as a special "get well present."

The dude has class and style, no doubt!
    Attached Files

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I wouldn't have sent those, lol. Maybe I am a bad friend.

• BradNorthGA
      BradNorthGA commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope you're feeling better!

• bunky2021
      bunky2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your well wishes, friends. I've had a bit of a recent "health adventure" there but I'm doing well and on the mend!

Why have stir fry beef with broccoli when you can have stir fry beef with romanesco instead?

Name:	2022-03-05 17.32.22.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	1184975

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea! I think I am getting romanesco in csa tomorrow!

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper 🤣🤣🤣
      You, sir, are a nerd that I could hang out with.

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Caffeine88 Ditto. We would make espresso macchiatos and talk meat and science!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here