Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mexico style cheesesteak

dropped an eye of round into the hot tub time machine for 10 hours at 135* - then chilled, then rubbed with SPOGOS and gave it a sear. Then sliced and went to the cast iron griddle with onions, peppers, green chile and topped with provolone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9F9D740D-DA3A-482B-BE48-84A0B1D24320.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1182976

Name:	423E6CF5-5460-4404-8F40-731D4EF20147.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	1182975

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheesesteak in a tortilla, I love it !!!!

• TWBarbecue
      TWBarbecue commented
      Editing a comment
      Heck yeah! Looks mighty tasty!

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Fusion at it's best!

Hand cut beef filet with a reduced red wine sauce and meatheads beef butter. Delicious.
    Cooked on a Weber with a slow and sear insert. Kingsford apple infused charcoal.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfection! Do you think the Apple infused charcoal adds flavor?

• tmaan235
      tmaan235 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my

• Grilledribeye
      Grilledribeye commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes the apple infused charcoal leaves subtle sweet smoky notes. But they are super consistent coals, which I can’t figure out. They last 6 hrs if I’m smoking on the slow n sear and they burn very hot and evenly when searing.

The often lauded and rarely photographed spaghetti a la carbonara. Those that know me well will notice the shaved cured duck egg on top. Used prosciutto ends this round. I like pancetta better, but it’s nice to mix it up. Caesar salad not shown.

Name:	9ED0458F-9D79-4E31-8C33-E5A9BF149E38.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1183030
    Last edited by SheilaAnn; March 1, 2022, 11:50 PM. Reason: Thought it would be a good idea to add the picture….

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks so tasty!

• TWBarbecue
      TWBarbecue commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks delicious!!

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      it’s even better cold the next day! Been snacking on leftovers 😂

I have been so busy lately, it's been mostly quick meals like spaghetti. Didn't have a lot of time last night either but wanted to do something fast AND good...so I seared some tuna steaks. It hit the spot
    Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I find myself in the same dilemma. Most of the time my clan are all going off in opposite directions. Do I cook a large meal or do I simply let them go eat burgers and pizza? A quick sear of some tuna with a veggie side works for me, let the rest of them eat cake !!!

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Seared tuna and broccoli is a go-to combination for me as well!

Started working on a sourdough flat bread pizza. This is around 88 percent hydration.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A10D939C-7709-43AE-893E-96EA3A351A5E.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	374.9 KB ID:	1183235
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4DD4DB18-D861-40EE-A3B0-5EDEF3E5FAA1.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	449.0 KB ID:	1183236
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C72C2EC9-A364-4EA9-A1F5-896D71E489EE.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	210.1 KB ID:	1183233
    Click image for larger version  Name:	D0C868CF-611A-41ED-AE93-F5B8C4883F5D.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	353.5 KB ID:	1183234
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; March 2, 2022, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks super.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      tbob4 good question.probably a meld of both, it’s just super light and airy like a great slice of sourdough, but, then you get the toppings, it was super good.

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy cow Richard...that looks soooo good.

Skip and barelfly - thanks for the inspiration I posted the photos in the Cheesesteak topic but realized it needed to be here because I was thinking of your photos here while looking in my fridge this morning. Thanks again!

Name:	51FDBBBF-2AB4-407F-9906-C3966DEE187C.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1183255 Click image for larger version

Name:	8A82AB75-6358-4CFB-B71E-6C076FD8D9A7.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1183254

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      It was cheesesteak leftovers for me tonight since I was the only one home. Just so good…and the green chile seemed hotter tonight than last night!

This looks good!!!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly - eating alone has it’s benefits. If my wife had seen me put an omelette into a tortilla to make a burrito I would have been mocked.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      tbob4 the beauty of bachelor cooking. We have less boundaries cooking with ourselves!🤘

Taco night! Smoked Carnitas, pickled onions, Cilantro, little bit of cheese, table cream and some roasted jalapeños! What a night!

Name:	IMG_5149.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	1183283 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5152.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1183282 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5154.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1183281

Comment

• TWBarbecue
      TWBarbecue commented
      Editing a comment
      🔥🔥🔥

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Good eats!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      You would love these nights! Great food and great company. TWBarbecue

Chicken tenderloin and avocado salad with olive oil and white wine vinegar.

Name:	0MeHhZ_D6bpyi8vN5m3brVe91Y1QqB4R2EvbpUPCThXs-eQ7YxeMtAfhE5liKxacJkAI2BelsBQ7rSEeegCwL0muXZFeI5M2Fwpt0t8LpUlwq2PQLq0jiUNP6VNrKyBcUiD9MPUK4AbU10D9qMMfo2Lcr3CzIXVGt8p-52R2uWgvlI94kEjHMVdR4S84mkmdhjqrWSpEC31hgzBUzwQDPWqSfEklePmgxThfk4dTpmFbcSqSIKS_vyAXpCs_mnr
Views:	223
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	1183297

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's a salad!

Smoked Garlic and Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin! #twbarbecue

Smoked at 225° until IT hit 125° then pulled and seared until IT reached 145°. Delicious, simple and perfect for a weeknight meal!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      The color you got on that is superb!

• TWBarbecue
      TWBarbecue commented
      Editing a comment
      DaveD Thank you! Not too long. At that temp, maybe around 40 minutes-ish if that. They cook quick!

• TWBarbecue
      TWBarbecue commented
      Editing a comment
      Michael_in_TX Thank you much!

TWBarbecue I lazily made pork tenderloin last night. I dumped everything in the Ninja Flip. Yours looks better.

Name:	Wd5jaEqneyJJx9eqSGrnXDzhLYPFcLvVJ_KPx1VWoJmh9gLXH3pVVjWBKFrO3KuBU8eEMH_cp4FSYdoBb14ojTSkTwvh1YcLFO11KlnR2HJV2rd-NNjoMbBnei-2hIYDwNNZ7Rb-2AaW8WynYNvmplHmUI4JOYieOS8qPIOGvVNr_G4Ey_JhHnP-QtSYujPecSYlmbqbRGpKBem_xMqC-ojGnGK7HmjYTMQxWbHg9VL3KlWSQM96sKUl7sqNGIj
Views:	238
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	1183310

Comment

• TWBarbecue
      TWBarbecue commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack Yours looks mighty tasty to me! 👊

Little Yard Bird, a little rub, and little Yoder Lover

Name:	IMG_2344.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	1183387

Name:	IMG_2347.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	1183388

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tell me about the toothpicks.

• SammyJ
      SammyJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Pulled the skin back to get rub under it. Thought sense it was now loose it would pull up. No sign of pulling.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Acupuncture?

Omelettes for dinner.

Name:	C82C9EE7-9C92-4CBA-BADC-703DDC60BB43.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	1183414

Comment

• SammyJ
      SammyJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing wrong about that!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love cheese. I don’t know what the deal is lately. Post (censored), restaurants cannot make a proper omelette- melted cheese inside. My trick is to barely set the egg in the the pan, sprinkle with cheese, broil at lowest rack level, pull, fill and flip. Sprinkle with fresh cheese. Yours looks spot on.

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      Breakfast for dinner is a time-honored tradition.

I have gotten into pizza lately, trying every style. Today was a St. Louis style pizza. No yeast, uses baking powder. The dough is ready to go right away. Rolled out dough, not stretched, very thin. The cheese is supposed to be a processed cheese called Provel. I used the recommended substitute, cheddar, provolone and swiss. It was good, but not nearly as good as any pizza I have made with yeast and a long ferment for the dough. Still, better than most delivery pizza. I would make it again only when short on time, and would just use mozzarella.

Name:	St Louis pizza.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1183440

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      No different then bbq, know thy cooker, and how to operate it accordingly!

• Draznnl
      Draznnl commented
      Editing a comment
      A flashback to my college days in St. Louis. That town had the worst pizza I've ever eaten. If you accomplished an edible St. L. style pizza, you're a miracle worker.

• Mark V
      Mark V commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz Richard, I have printed out all of your posts on your methods and recipes for bread and pizza, and will definitely be trying it all. I especially want to get the open oven bread method down. A DO limits size and shape, can only cook one at a time, plus I like your point about being able to see what is happening.

Steak and cheese with salt, pepper and U.C. Biber for some heat .

Name:	20220302_193050.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1183452

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheesesteak!

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I had cheesesteak again tonight. Dang it’s good. And the green chile was hot!

OK, I know this is going to be lame, but it's the last SUWYC I can do for a week or so, cuz I'm getting an outpatient procedure done tomorrow that will disallow the proverbial heavy lifting for a while. Used the last of some bacon I smoked over the weekend to jazz up the second half of a cheese pizza from our local, that we'd had delivered on Sunday. Tasted damn good.

Edit: Guess I should have put this in Show Us Your Leftovers...!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220302_184714.jpg Views:	12 Size:	2.88 MB ID:	1183459
    Last edited by DaveD; March 2, 2022, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Best wishes with your procedure.

• SammyJ
      SammyJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck on the procedure!

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the good wishes guys, my surgery went pretty much perfectly today. Feeling way more human 5 hours after getting home than I'd expected. Tomorrow will probably be the "feel like I got hit by a bus" day

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here