Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with home made sourdough bread on the morning of our 45th wedding anniversary?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220226_095143.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1180844 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220226_100254.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1180845

Her style:

Name:	20220226_100837.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1180846

His style:

Name:	20220226_101341.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1180847

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!! You must have been married in your teens!

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations on 45 years! Great looking way to start!

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      tbob4 Early twenties

Congratulations! A delicious way to start your 46th year.

Comment

Brisket hit 200 inside temp and toasted our dear departed Mr Bones
      Rest in Peace
      Attached Files

Comment

First go round with Meathead’s new products. Dry front, sauced back, both delicious. Cooked on the SnS Kamado I was fortunate enough to win via the Pitmaster’s Club!
        Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like a winner!

Well, I didn’t actually cook these, but how can I not show off free wings on the club level at Gator Baseball? Click image for larger version

Name:	0EDEEADE-EDB0-4705-8EDF-8C89C3305BEE.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	1180927

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          My son kicked off his junior year high school season Thursday. Oh my how I missed baseball!

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, baseball. Makes me want to adjust my cup, and spit my chaw.

Taco's on Butter Head Lettice. An earlier post gave us the idea

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2308.JPG Views:	6 Size:	5.69 MB ID:	1180945
        Last edited by SammyJ; February 26, 2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great

Two Chicago Thin Crusts with a No Rise Cracker Style Crunchy Crust.

Pizza #1: No Tomato Sauce, instead a Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Paste, Artichoke Hearts, Mushrooms and shaved Red Onions on Top.

Pizza #2 With Tomato Sauce, Sausage, Mushrooms, Shaved Res onions on Top.

The crusts are similar to a St. Louis Style Crust, but I make the pizzas in a Chicago fashion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6646.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	1180961 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6647 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	5.68 MB ID:	1180960

Comment

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          troymeister thanks for the education. Being in New England all I knew was Pizzeria Uno Deep Dish. Never really a fan.

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          troymeister you are spot on…. I do a mean deep dish myself at home, so I am able to scratch that itch when it hits.

RichieB you are spot on as well. If I am going to get deep dish in Chicago, it will be Lou Malnati’s or Geno’s.

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn I make my own deep dish too. I think I do a better job than they do. I have been studying many styles of Pizza, Italian Beefs, Italian Sausages and Hot Dogs since I was about old enough to eat. Lol

Final product, may not be perfect but it’s damn close
        Served with beanz, homemade pasta and potato salads
        Ka-boom
        Attached Files

Comment

• willxfmr
          willxfmr commented
          Editing a comment
          WOW!

• Caffeine88
          Caffeine88 commented
          Editing a comment
          It may not be perfect, but I'd sure dive in! Nice work.

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like it came out damn well! Congrats!

In honor of Bonsey, I did some st Louis ribs with kc style BBQ glaze. As many know I don't really like these, I much prefer baby backs. Anyway I ran to the store and grabbed these with barely enough time to cook em. No time for a dry rub brine or anything. Also sprinkled with some fresh chives for no other reason than that plant refuses to die. We thought it was gone a week ago and planned on replacing it. It had just enough to harvest today and it felt fitting for some reason or another.

Oh, did I mention I literally had just enough pellets to finish this cook? Thought I had more but garage stockpile was empty... just enough, just right.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220226_114940.jpg Views:	9 Size:	2.86 MB ID:	1181063
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20220226_184332.jpg Views:	8 Size:	2.87 MB ID:	1181064
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20220226_185916.jpg Views:	8 Size:	2.24 MB ID:	1181065

ribs consumed, toast made to Mr Bones, and that's a wrap for the night.
        Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; February 27, 2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m doing this tomorrow, hope mine turn out this good looking!

To be honest I didn't read the label real close last night when I took this out of the freezer. Looked like a package of our boneless chops. Today when it was thawed enough to open the package I realized it was actually a pork tenderloin. Went on the infrared after 10 hours of dry brine and a coating of MMD. I don't plate things nearly as pretty as many of you, but here's dinner.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220226_234545508.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.42 MB ID:	1181139

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220227_001042774.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.04 MB ID:	1181141

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220227_001649084.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	1181140

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks quite tasty to me. I have to laugh sometimes - when my wife labels the freezer food we know what it is. When I do - well ….

• gboss
          gboss commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that the Philips indoor smokeless grill? Looks like it did a pretty good job with the crust. How do you like that thing?
          Looks really tasty.

• Bogy
          Bogy commented
          Editing a comment
          tbob4 Even worse, this was from the processor, all nicely printed out. My brain just was not connected.
          gboss, yes it is. I like it enough to have bought a second one for our lake house. This time of year it gets a lot of use, grill on it almost every night.

A ribeye and a strip steak, both with a little blackening spice to go with regular application of slat and pepper. They're both about 3/4", so went with a straight hot sear on the Weber over a SnS full of lump.

The plated pic isn't so beautiful, but the roast taters and the tomato and feta salad really hit the spot.

Name:	20220226_202056.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	1181150 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220226_202404.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	1181151

Comment

• Caffeine88
          Caffeine88 commented
          Editing a comment
          tbob4 Thanks! My wife cringes when I post food on those plates....

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Caffeine88 Your photo skills are just fine. Really. Very nice. I love the balance and colors. The steak looks so much more interesting, appetizing, when plated like you have done. Keep it up.

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          Lookin damn fine to me. Good work!

Did a pork tenderloin on PBJ. Dry Brined and Memphis Dust. Half went to neighbor. They as I did say it was success. I sided with a bit of Red Chili and Baguette.

Name:	20220226_165639.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	1181165 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220226_191404.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	1181166

Comment

Burger Night....But Never Ordinary....

Name:	IMG_6662.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1181169 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6659.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1181170

Comment

At long last: porkstrami. 190 sounded good for slicing but it shredded. That’s ok I’m breaking tradition anyway and these Reubens were unreal
            Attached Files

Comment

• jhapka
              jhapka commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks to the Porkstrami crowd for the inspiration

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks really good!

Cast Iron Chicago-Style Deep Pizza!

Cooked in the smoker at 450 for about 35 min!
            Attached Files

Comment

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice looking pie!!

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              I keep scrolling saying to myself "slice?" How big is that cast iron? Looks delicious!

• TWBarbecue
              TWBarbecue commented
              Editing a comment
              SheilaAnn Get you a slice! That’s a 12” cast iron pan!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here