Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke out Smokey Joe. Pork chop with M.H's Pork Rub. Sweet potato in M.W. for 5 minutes. Split, on Joe indirect cut side up about 20 minutes. Did a chunk o' cherry. Then direct cut side down for 5 minutes. Chop done direct. Had with freshly baked Baguette, done today. One of my go to. Has to be in the house.

Potato garnished with Butter and Agave.

Another Quick Note: I used the Pit Barrel Chimney with Smokey. Much easier to maneuver and a full chimney is just right for O'l Smokey.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220221_193128.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.97 MB ID:	1178787 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220221_152902.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	1178788
    Last edited by RichieB; February 21, 2022, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      The whole package! Very nice!

Fired up the Weber Kettle with a Slow 'n Sear for a pork tenderloin and seared on Grill Grates...seasoned with Heath Riles Garlic Butter and Peach Rub and glazed with a mix of Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce and The Vinegar Sauce...came out really tasty...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0326.PNG
Views:	255
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	1178798

Name:	8043C27C-5C31-4100-8153-420605C5CD89.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	1178797

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      I keep expecting Malcom to market a 50/50 mix of his BBQ sauce and Vinegar sauce....he uses them so frequently together in his recipes!

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks amazing.

Grilled Chicken Thighs and Smoked Sausage!!! #TWBarbecue
    Attached Files

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d sit down for that!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a full board!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome camera work too !!!

Some friends brought us back a pound of crab meat from the coast so I made some rolls. One was a California roll and the other was yam, crispy air fried asparagus, cucumber, and cream cheese. Another friend gave us a bottle of their homemade sake which was actually good.

Name:	20220221_180520~2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	1178809

Comment

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Stunning

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice everything, outstanding !!!

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper The crab was high-quality stuff for sure. I'm actually a crab convert as I did not like it as a kid. Now I need to figure out what to do with the rest of it. Or maybe my girlfriend will. She loves crab.

Osso bucco with Porter Road beef shanks. Served overed buttered tagliatelle.

Name:	PXL_20220222_032625439.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	1178857

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Bravissimo!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      You know that's one of my favorites !! I assumed you smoked them first right?

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman - I do know it's one of your favs! The plan was to smoke the shanks first, but rain threatened all day so I punted and just seared in the pan, then braised. Still darn tasty.

Another affable afternoon in Africa. First on was a salt beef for sammie's and some for either SOS or a stroganoff for tomorrow's dinner.

Name:	IMG20220222172212.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	1178993

Followed on with tonight's supper, pork leg chops, sour cream baked potato dish and roasted butternut.

Name:	IMG20220222172818.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	1178994

Name:	IMG20220222181533.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	1178995

Name:	IMG_20220222_202609.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	1178996

Chocolate cookies and custard (not featured)

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      No pics of cookies, didn’t happen!

Name:	20220222_121656.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1178999
    It's a cold, snowy, and windy day in southern Minnesota. I made Jambalaya today. Looking for a recipe on the net and found one for the Instant Pot using a box of Zatarain's and our own vegetables and proteins. It probably wasn't as authentic as totally homemade but tasted spicy and good. Served with a corn bread muffin. An warm easy meal on a cold day.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      One of my favorite go-to Cajun dishes. Looks tasty !!

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      I used an all Beef Sausage from a local Meat Locker. It was mild but complimented the spices in the Zatarain's very well.

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      We always have a box of Zatarains Jambalaya and a package of andouille on hand for a quick dinner if our day gets away from us. It’s a guilty pleasure.

Ok this picture is terrible because I messed up the cook timing and took this brisket out of the cambro this morning at 1AM. So the picture is the brisket out of the fridge this afternoon. But it is by far the best brisket I have cooked. Probably because it was prime instead of the choice i usually buy. Did it on the Chimp at 250 with Jealous Devil pellets, brined and rubbed with Worcestershire, coarse black pepper and Meat Church The Gospel rub. Mopped for the first 4 hours with Texas BBQ Juice. It started raining at the 14 hour mark so I finished it wrapped in the oven at 250. The bark didn't really set. 16 hours total to butter probe, around 200 deg. Put it in the cambro at 9:30PM, woke up in the recliner at 1AM and put it in the fridge, didn't even taste it. After all that it is very very good. Verging on excellent. I am shocked. I am sold on the extra cost of prime now.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_167933.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.3 KB ID:	1179003
    Last edited by klflowers; February 22, 2022, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good for coming out of the fridge Kevin. My best brisket was also prime recently, and it was my first prime brisket too. I recently took some of it out of the freezer for some brisket beans, after it thawed, I cut me a slice…man it was damn good after being frozen and eaten at room temperature! I’m with you on Prime only from here on out.

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      Add another fan of prime. It makes a huge difference.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Sold, especially "verging on excellent!"

Posting a little late, I did this cook Sunday.
    I followed kenrobin YouTube for the base recipe and method. I brined the chicken thighs overnight. In the morning I let them air dry in the fridge for a few hours. They got hit with various spices on both sides then smoked them for 1.5 hours on my LSG on my bottom grate with the smoker around the 325° range. I then finished them off in a tray covered in foil for 45 minutes. I put BBQ sauce on half of them for the last 45 minutes.
    the final product was tender and juicy. The skin was a 8 out of 10. I like it a little more cooked, a minor detail
    Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      We’ll only dock 10pts. fer the two day delay.
      See, if ya didn’t”t tell us ya woulda got all the points!

• Mike-Sid
      Mike-Sid commented
      Editing a comment
      🤦🏻‍♂️

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good Mike! I think the nature of an offset will make it more challenging to get a crispy skin since the chicken will never be close to the heat source. I tend to go with my Summit Kamado for that effect but I have also enjoyed chicken off of my LSG knowing that the skin won't be as bite through. Thanks for trying the recipe and providing feedback.

Nutella banana bread....

Name:	PXL_20220222_041523980~2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	347.9 KB
ID:	1179029

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty! Yep, please share recipe... my grandchildren are Nutellas!

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll post it tomorrow.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! My SIL is real pumped for this one. LOL

First time trying and different method when wrapping. Used butcher paper and smoked lard in the wrap and came out great. Glazed with a modified version of huskee's shawsh
    Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang, those are good lookin wibs!

• jitsntricks
      jitsntricks commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan Thanks! These are up there among the best I've done. Definitely going to keep polishing up this method

Lunchtime. Leftover tri-tip for protein, olive oil, and red wine vinegar.

Name:	237hK6aughzfDUmHhLsAKQSOWguMLkDPaOuTbRl4LlQO_Y8Fa6eR4-wy9ppqE9KzneiHX_-YxLt3Hf6U2BHCuhHZnNEocEYtEIbyZ_Hv99mHzsIBeUaBwTaOXQiD6ObM60CeE9OZGbyM30NFj5-DsinJWGoKT841D3riimRxOwIDyZek6jEvJFg468XiWQYCiiTQ423kkY5GWaCrUq5S_nUxTQM_iAE2PkErdseyLuHrBek8veOmLWaEM-NtqS6
Views:	225
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	1179041

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman you mean like Panhead John? That does look good, and healthy!

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      You got skills, man - both with the plate and the lens. 😁👍🏻

I dare ya to post some cereal... Or Troutman does, anyway!

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, I realize I'm way behind......@Panhead John posted crappy pile of Cheerios already. But I'm still looking for a response!

1/2 smoked chicken (this time in my PitBoss CH7)

Name:	IMG_2285.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	1179086

Comment

I made the Japanese milk bread rolls today. I always double the recipe and I doubled the recipe as usual. However, I normally make one loaf and use the remainder for rolls. Today I only made rolls. Half were for my wife's best friend's family, and half were for our son. My wife's friend's 3 YO granddaughter gave me the best compliment ever. She said that the roll "made my tummy happy".

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220222_115717[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.89 MB ID:	1179096
      Last edited by RonB; February 22, 2022, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        That is an awesome compliment, and coming from a kid, you know its honest!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        There it is, Mr. Tummy Happy Ron!

• Caffeine88
        Caffeine88 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can taste 'em! My wife made just about the same this weekend, and we did more sliders. Absolutely outstanding!

Zero want to make taco shells today, so we went with Romain lettuce leaf tacos.

Name:	3C6E1460-B5D8-4CD0-9121-818F075B27DA.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	1179098

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a great way to go.

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks perfect to me.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here