Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my attempt at the Zahav Pomegranate Lamb Shoulder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_167312.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	1175371 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_167314.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	1175373

https://andrewzimmern.com/recipes/th...lamb-shoulder/ plus Michael Solomonov's book.

Served with hummus, tahdig, and cauliflower that cboss made.

Name:	image_167315.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	1175374 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_167317.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1175376 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_167316.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	1175375
    Last edited by gboss; February 14, 2022, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great and love that cookbook. His Harissa and Onion chicken skewers are also very good.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Got damn! That looks delicious

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Back before the big Texas freeze of 2021, we had a huge pomegranate bush that produced loads of those things. I made several pomegranate sauces and had one a little similar to the one in the recipe using pom molasses. Wish I still had that bush dang it. Love the way your lamb came out with it !!!

Smoked tri-tip then seared on griddle and BBQ shrimp. The tri-tip was really good mopping up the sauce from the shrimp. All was good, tri-tip was a tad more done than I wanted, but it was still tender and juicy. Had a side salad to go with it.

Name:	BD75411C-F2B7-488A-A795-959BF8283957.jpeg
Views:	310
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	1175407

Name:	C1EFE084-EB9E-4F7E-A3B0-16C1ABAB481F.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	1175408

Name:	BE4AF1ED-816E-4531-A29A-4E38B1952A5A.jpeg
Views:	294
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	1175409

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, oh my on the shrimp!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      The wonderful thing about tri tips is they can take a little overcooking and still be great.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh those shrimps !!!!!!!!

Lamb lollipops reverse seared on alder fire, sous vide que carrots, and a 2006 left bank Bordeaux. Great meal
    Attached Files

Comment

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      dynamite!

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooph! Spectacular

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Love lamb, love wine, love this dish !!!

Turkey chili smoked on the Bronco - Pre-Superbowl cook. I know what some of you are thinking. Yes, it has beans, and yes there is not any beef. You may, if you wish, call it bean and tomato soup. But whatever you call it, it was still stick-to-your bones delicious! I used ground turkey, though I find it kind of gross to work with. If you smoke it, it is pretty darn good. Just toss any purge at the end. Note: I have not included any pictures of the turkey cooking. This cook was to break in a new Lodge double-dutch oven. The ground turkey smoked in the lid of the double-dutch, while the beans in tomatoes simmered in the pot. Once combined, it simmered another hour or two.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	trozzo_220211_020.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	1175605

Click image for larger version  Name:	trozzo_220211_048.jpg Views:	0 Size:	797.8 KB ID:	1175604

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, Bogy a lot of us heat with gas.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Bogy Did ya hear about that time I did a brisket in 36* temps? It was all over CNN. 🙄 "Texas Man Braves Death Defying Temps For Minutes At A Time"
      Last edited by Panhead John; February 15, 2022, 02:27 PM.

• DTro
      DTro commented
      Editing a comment
      Bogy With his new Wusthof tool set, Panhead John can handle anything!

This pic is of a seven-pound bone-out pork butt cooked on Superbowl Sunday. My plan was for a pre-game dinner but, the mother of all stalls set in, and we ate at halftime. Luckily we had some smoked Hot Nashville Chicken pieces as an appetizer.

We served the butt with Carolina vinegar sauce, corn soufflé, and coleslaw. The corn soufflé recipe was posted on the forum by someone. I can no longer find it but wanted to thank them so if it was you-Thank You!

Name:	trozzo_220213_067-Edit.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	1175626

Comment

Name:	57B48994-1F5E-40B5-A57D-D4EEDC909CB8.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1175672
    Because patty melts…..

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah, this was the Click wagyu ground. Slow simmered the onions and then cranked to smoking hot for searing the burger patties. This meal is in rotation often.

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      I want a bite! Yum. 😊

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got a few pounds of the same stuff in the freezer. Wow, that looks like the right way to do it!

Last night I made a rigatoni (sausage and mushroom) stuffed acorn squash. You can barely see the squash, but it’s there. Such a satisfying meal! Topped with real whole milk mozzarella that I grated myself. And the fork shot is to show how beautifully melty it gets.

Name:	4AC84E16-A239-441F-94E4-3F3A465CCBFD.jpeg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1175676

Name:	BDD62D7A-C009-420E-BAAB-6A494F944D51.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1175677

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Show Off... Oh the cheese.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful plating!

• SammyJ
      SammyJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the cheese!

Gonna be a pulled pork pastrami night for the post sauna meal tonight! The dutch is loaded and ready for some coals.

Name:	IMG_5019.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	1175682

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Loaded & ready, just the way it should be!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      'Strami !!!!!!!!

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      YUM

Super Bowl Sunday: Something Completely Different: Homemade Hot Pot....The broth was a Spicy Shiitake Mushroom and Kombu Broth.

Name:	IMG_6621.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1175725 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6624.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1175729 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6636.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1175724 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0368.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1175726 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6638.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	1175728 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6637.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1175727

Comment

• DTro
      DTro commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats gotta be good. What greens? Looks maybe to be bok choy, scallions, asaragus and basil?

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      DTro I used Baby Bon Choy, Nappa Cabbage Scallions, Asparagus, Shiitake Mushrooms, Regular Mushrooms, some small kind of mushrooms 3 dried peppers and about 12 garlic cloves. I even used some Tofu...

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great

I know, it's a repeat. Neither of us are feeling well today.

Name:	IMG_2222.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1175739

Comment

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope you feel better.

Jalapeño and bacon will make all better!

Comment

I tried something different tonight: Gochujang Meatballs. These turned out good, but need some tweaking. I essentially followed this recipe: https://www.foxandbriar.com/easy-kor...tballs-recipe/

The meatballs are made with ground chuck, green onions, panko, an egg, gochujang (spicy Korean fermented bean paste), garlic, and soy sauce.

A perfect thing to cook on the pellet grill! (Literally no clean up if you put the tray right on the grill!)

The gochujang gives the meatballs a lovely red hue, even before cooking.

Name:	IMG-5363.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1175833

About halfway there at this point.

Name:	IMG-5364.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1175834​

Served up with steamed broccoli. The sauce is a gochujang brown sugar glaze. (I actually found it a bit much, as there is already gochujang in the meatballs.)

Name:	IMG-5366.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1175832

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, this is cool. Way cool. So it gets my little brain thinking. I love the heck out of char siu. But I hate using red food coloring. And brown char siu is not as cool looking, ya know? What if gochuchang is used for the marinade? You get not only the red color, but an extra kick of spice. I love gochuchang, so that could be win win!?!?

(OG Batman music in the background; our hero fans out her AR cape and spins down the bat pole)

Meatloaf on the LSG pooper. I'm absolutely loving being able to run higher temps, and still get a nice smoke flavor without having to mess with a smoke tube. Added garlic and rosemary mashed taters made with the recipe from Anova, asparagus, and cornbread muffins.

Name:	PXL_20220213_022616690.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1175860

Comment

Last nights steak dinner. Hot tub for 90, then cast iron on the Genesis side burner. A little garlic butter.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect!

Leftovers today.

Name:	16450235267458045551936575015709.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	1175948

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here