Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philippine style BBQ Pork on a Stick: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-a-stick-asian

This is really good but there is a lot of prep work. Overnight marinade. The recipe called for 4 Thai chilies, I used 14 - it is not that hot.

Marinading - there were two of these containers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork1.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1174105

Skewered

Name:	pork2.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	291.1 KB
ID:	1174103

Cooking on the PK-O

Name:	pork3.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	1174102

Outdoor set up

Name:	pork4.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	1174101

Done

Name:	pork5.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	1174104

Also made some Ciabatta

Name:	ciabatta2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	1174106

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      You know I like this. We make a version of this with chicken parts called Chicken Inasal. My only comment beyond well done is you must have employed some anti-gravity ingredient in your marinade (pic 5) 😂

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in on that.
      When I worked at KLM cargo at YYZ we also handled Thai Airways cargo.
      We had to wait till all the Pax were of to get the cargo docs, always hit up the ISM for left over meals. Most were happy to give us meals out of the first class galley. Even after some 20 hours....superb.
      The bread looks fantastic too

Chicken did not thaw, so frozen it is!

Name:	IMG_2216.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1174112

Comment

Rented a house for the week in Harpers Ferry. The weather is warm today (which is wild) and while my smoker is back home, the house has a big gas grill so we made an assortment of skewers (Cornell chicken, teriyaki beef, assorted veggies, and tofu for the lone sad vegan).
      Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Good thing you put the tofu under what looks to be the teriyaki beef. JK……

Love skewers! A lot of getting busy, but so much fun and variety!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow nice cook 👍👏

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        looks like your needed to sprout a few more arms
        great work

A precursor to Sunday. Troutman Texas Chili. More for tomorrow. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220212_192455.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	1174152

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks really good!

Saturday night tomahawk steak. Was a little bit fatties than we'd care for but worked out okay.

was about 2.5lbs, 3" thick at biggest depth.

Cooked on a Weber Genesis for about 2.5 hrs at 225. Used a cast iron smoke box with hickory chips and a piece of foil with three hickory chunks - both of these were over the flame. Added a smoke tube with Kingsford Signature pellets and placed that right next to the meat (first time using Kingsford)

Once the meat hit 120 on the Thermoworks Smoke, pulled the meat off and cranked the grill burner to high. About 5-10 mins later, temp registered at 500 on back grill wall, 800 directly on grill grate.

Started the sear, flipping every 30-60 secs until internal temp at deepest area registered 135

was very happy with the smoke-enhanced flavor if the Kingsford vs previous use of traegar pellets in similar usage.

Internal temp was spot on for us.. nice way to finish a Saturday

Name:	20220212_141854.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1174171 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220212_142037.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1174172 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220212_194548.jpg
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1174173 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220212_200330.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1174174 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220212_200722.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1174175 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220212_200955.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1174176

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful 👍

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok.... like that's not even fair....

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        WillTravelForFood I think that in order to render a large chunk of interior fat, you have to cook it like a brisket. The choice is: cook for juicy tender steak, vs cook for fall apart, rendered, pullable meat. You can't have both. The outside fat on the steak melts in the quick searing heat, but the temp on the outside during the sear may be 500, 600, 700 degrees! The interior temp of your beautiful tomahawk steak is about 130-135, and the large chunks of fat remain large chunks of fat.

Nice!

Comment

Smoked a couple butt pieces and a chuckie.

Name:	455EEF65-1212-4051-B17F-29C278ADD07C.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	1174188 Click image for larger version

Name:	BB8D9737-A447-4834-B87C-5A6AE821F743.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	1174187 Click image for larger version

Name:	F2FF0D54-E87F-448F-A54A-460FB5AB1611.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	1174189

Comment

• gboss
          gboss commented
          Editing a comment
          Woof. Nice bark.

I give you the richest thing I have ever cooked: Smoked Gnocchi

(Incidentally, this is the first time in my life I've ever had gnocchi. I like it! Tasty, creamy dough balls.)

I adapted this from one of Sam The Cooking Guy's recent recipes. You start with about 4 oz of diced bacon. Once that is crisp, you add in about 10 ounces of sliced shiitake mushrooms and get those soft. Then saute about 3-4 cloves of minced garlic and get it all nicely combined.

Then add in 1.5 cups of heavy cream. (I told you it was rich.) Then add two whole heads of roasted garlic (yum!) and mash that up.

Let this all reduce down a bit and cook the gnocchi (I used 16 oz) in boiling water until they float (about 3-4 minutes). As they float, add them to the cream saucepan.

Once all the gnocchi are all added, then add about a cup of shredded gouda and half a cup of shredded parmesan. (Rich, yes?)

Mix in a handful of chopped parsley for color and then get it to a smoker (I used my Chimp) at about 350 F for about 30 minutes until nice and bubbly and started to get a little brown on top.

Wow, this is so good, but also, so, so rich. Smaller portions are better here, without question. The gouda and the roasted garlic make this amazing. And the texture of the gnocchi and mushrooms go really well together.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-5357.jpg Views:	6 Size:	2.62 MB ID:	1174194

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-5359.jpg Views:	6 Size:	3.40 MB ID:	1174195

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-5360.jpg Views:	6 Size:	2.49 MB ID:	1174193
        Last edited by Michael_in_TX; February 12, 2022, 09:12 PM. Reason: Left out where the gnocchi are added!

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Marriage of a pasta dish and smoking, well done !!

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that's creative, I wish I had a creative bone in my body...
          I'm giving this dish, exceptionable job

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, another amazing recipe that I have to try.

I like it, but where did the dough balls come in?

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha! I can't believe I skipped that. I added it in.

Grilled Ribeyes and broccoli. Topped with a green tahini sauce. A little dab of marrow on the steaks as well.

Name:	PXL_20220213_021851448.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	1174222

Name:	PXL_20220213_022943345.jpg
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	1174223

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sauce was a nice touch!

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          theroc where did you get the marrow?

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn - flyingpiglet started some beef broth yesterday. Got a bit of marrow out of some of the bones that she roasted. Put it it good use on our steaks.

A couple of boneless butts on the PBC...
        Attached Files

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice job! You've got a lot of good eats in store with those two PBs.

Kathryn

Took advantage of a mild day yesterday to smoke some bacon. Used apple, hickory and cherry and Meathead's maple bacon recipe for two slabs. Added some cayenne and smoked paprika to the third slab. Now I need to figure out what to do with nine pounds of bacon. I am sure I will think of something.
        Attached Files

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll bring the bread, tomato's, lettuce and Mayo

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful

An authentically creative whatchagot kimchi bokkeumbap. I had some leftover BBQ'd pork steak, some leftover Mexican rice, 1/2 each red bell and pasilla pepper, a leftover 1/2 an onion, a jar of kimchi, a heaping Tbsp of gochujang, a squirt or 2 of hoisin sauce, a healthy dash or 3 of smoked paprika and a bit of salt topped with the traditional sunny side up egg. This was pretty dang good for not feeling like cooking! The funny thing was, the more I got into making this the more I got into cooking it.

Name:	bokkum.jpg
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	1174364

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Eggceptional Sir.

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha

beef tenderloin steak over coals/live fire, roasted asparagus, jacket potato.

Name:	image_167156.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1174430
        Last edited by gboss; February 13, 2022, 11:24 AM. Reason: insert the image in the post.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          And chimichurri? Nice! And, nice photo!

• gboss
          gboss commented
          Editing a comment
          Dr. Pepper yes, that's leftover chimichurri from Brazilian Beef Birthday. Color is no longer as bright as it was (look at the difference between that and the fresh parsley), but it was still tasty.
          I meant to get a towel to clean up the smudges for the photo, but this was cboss' dinner and I chose to get it to her quickly instead of playing photographer.

The ribs done on PBJ yesterday. Had for lunch. Had to cut in half to wrap and put in fridge. No room otherwise.

​ I'm getting the hang of plated pictures, watcha think?
        ​

Comment

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I don’t see any pictures 🤷🏻‍♂️

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          No pics showing Sir.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. No pics.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here