Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beechwood smoked bone-in porkloin..
    Salad and baked potatoes on the side.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220130_152545.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.29 MB ID:	1167285 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220130_161441.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.52 MB ID:	1167284
    Last edited by Elton's BBQ; January 30, 2022, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great. How many are you feeding with that?

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      We were 8 adults an two youngsters.. Dr. Pepper

That's a lotta pork! How'd it come out? What kind of temps and duration were you using? I haven't tried this cut yet, a little concerned it'd come out dry given it's so lean...

Comment

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Smoked pork loin is really good. It won’t be dry if you take it to 140 IT.

Staged for between todays play offs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_165879.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	1167297 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2136.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	1167495
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SammyJ; January 30, 2022, 07:00 PM.

Comment

And a quick lunch before the first game Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2129.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1167303

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I’m doing tonight…burgers and dogs. Good idea on the bacon wrap! I’m gonna try that tonight.

So, I took a bag out of the freezer thinking it was chili. Turns out it was the Smoked Sloppy Joe I had made a while ago. Yes, I really should mark my freezer food better. Anyway, there were no buns in the house, and I was trying to decide what to do, and it occurred to me that people make BBQ spaghetti so may I present.... Smoked Sloppy Joe over spaghetti with some shredded cheese and slices of dill pickle to provide acid for some relief from the sweetness of the Sloppy Joe. (I watch "Chopped" religiously )

Name:	20220130_122231.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1167322
      It is actually really good!

Comment

Starsky Most of my liquid type foods I store in plastic storage containers in the freezer. When I do, I’ll use painters tape on the lid and label with a magic marker. It’s easy to remove when done and I just throw it away.

Name:	0090B5BF-9A0E-43EB-BCDA-78F92DF55461.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	1167328

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve got a vacuum sealer, rarely use it. I honestly don’t see why anyone would want to mess with putting liquidy stuff in a bag. I’ve done it before and it’s just a mess and a pain in the ass honestly. This is so much easier and cheaper, using reusable plastic storage containers.

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Well then…I’ll find something else you need

But, it’s the only way I freeze. Even sauce or chile - I fold the bag over, pour or spoon in ingredients, unfold and then let the bag hang over the countertop while I vac and seal. when i first started, yes it was a PITA, but this method works well for me now.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Here’s my procedure, pour or spoon substance into plastic bowl, put on lid. Whew!
          Last edited by Panhead John; January 31, 2022, 07:03 AM.

My Saturday Night Birthday Dinner: Stuffed Shells with Chicago Style Pork Neck Gravy, (A Vegetarian version too)Caesar Salad (Homemade Caesar Dressing), and of course Garlic Bread.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6544.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.30 MB ID:	1167334 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6538.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	1167333 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6534.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	1167331 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6556.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	1167330 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6548.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.93 MB ID:	1167336
        Attached Files
        Last edited by troymeister; January 30, 2022, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks wonderful! Happy birthday!

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          troymeister same bornday as my wife. Happy belated birthday

• tamidw
          tamidw commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy Birthday! Dinner looks great.

Friday Night's Pan Seared Pork Chop with Honey, Garlic, Balsamic Pan Sauce, CI Asparagus, Baked Red Potato.

Name:	IMG_6531.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1167339

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks really good!

Fired up the PK-O and made fajitas! Click Akaushi outside skirt, homemade Spanish rice, Goya chipotle refried beans, and sauteed veggies. I almost lost the skirt steak, it fell out of the freezer awhile back and apparently damaged the vacuum bag. When I pulled it out Friday it was full of ice. Turns out it was fine - I caught it in time. Tenderized with Adolph's and dry brined overnight then marinated with lime juice and minced: onion, jalapeno, parsley, and garlic. an hour or so later I added oil, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder.

Way more minced veggies than needed so after marinating for 2 hours I took the excess veggies out of the ziplock, added 1 1/2 T minced cilantro to the meat in the ziplock, and used the veggies (about 3/4 cup) to make the Spanish rice.

Y'all, these are the best fajitas I've ever made!

HOT fire, lost some arm hair during this step.

Click image for larger version  Name:	skirt1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.09 MB ID:	1167345
        So tender, had to be careful that they didn't fall apart when slicing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	skirt2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.26 MB ID:	1167343

Mmmm....I ate four and could have eaten more but I am going to a concert at the local brewery that is being catered by 1701 BBQ this evening.

Click image for larger version  Name:	skirt3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.10 MB ID:	1167344
        Last edited by 58limited; January 30, 2022, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Tacos!!!!!!!!

Reverse seared some beef prime rib for our Sunday roast today. Really pleased with how it ended up. Roast potatoes/ carrots/ parsnips, broccoli and Yorkshire puddings to compete the meal!
        Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent!

Brunch

Name:	PXL_20220129_150605989.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	1167368

Comment

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes me want to eat my screen.

I may have unrealistically hyped my expectations while waiting the 10 day cure.

6.5# of beef that didn't fully live up to the potential. However it still was good for the audition. Filled the mouth with great flavours but as a first debut .... I don't see it back on stage in a hurry.
        It is a lot of effort that doesn't bring a noteworthy difference from the primordial way. In this case the actor wasn't of the best either.
        Cooked on the kettle @ 140C for just short of 8 hours. Temp reading 92C and 89C. Was tender wherever I probed and had a nice jiggle. The bones removed with little effort and clean of any meat (to the dog's dismay).
        The muscle above the fat layer was "dryish" but tender. The meat above the bone under the fat layer was super tender and tasty and the best of the show.
        Nothing really notable in the performance was kindled, so bagged a fair 6.7/10 appreciation. Could be the director was off.

Name:	IMG_20220130_082802.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	483.9 KB
ID:	1167371

Name:	IMG20220130155157.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	1167372

Name:	IMG20220130180414.jpg
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	1167373

Name:	IMG20220130180755.jpg
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	1167374

Name:	IMG_20220130_221422.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	1167375

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the performance was fine. The critic was tough though...lol

• Mike-Sid
          Mike-Sid commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks outstanding, beef ribs are my favorite. I will have to trust your judgment. I have also over hyped my expectations before on a cook. Just need to give it another try.

French bread and made some croutons with French onion soup.
        Attached Files

Comment

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks fantastic. Always wanted to but haven't made French onion soup.

home made French bread? Ahh the smell of bread baking!

Comment

Game or card snacks.

wife mixes Lipton soup mix with sour cream. Click image for larger version

Name:	591F0CAC-3DE8-4D14-8211-58945B24A693.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1167446

Comment

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            Its the best

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here