Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza night
    Click image for larger version

Name:	700E12C2-A640-4E85-8C2F-3AE7697C20DB.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1157233

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh, someone else loves anchovies!!

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah. Gotta love the ‘Covis!

• DTro
      DTro commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried to hit the like button for every anchovy I saw on that pie! hahaha

Meteorite hits Gulf Breeze Florida, feeds fisherman family. Scientists determined the meteor was a stoney from the Winn Dixie solar system and collided with the Sunny’s Fat Boys Sweet Sauce belt before plummeting toward earth. Scientists still investigating the $.99/# tag, conclude it is from out of this world.
    Attached Files

Comment

Left over haystack onions and smoked pulled pork sandwiches.

Name:	8CAE7AC5-6BDC-42F0-9440-48457FA0FD9C.jpeg
Views:	305
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	1157315

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        DTro, a mixture of Mayo, horseradish, paprika, salt, and cayenne

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Next time I will additionally serve with a poached egg on top of the mountain., below the bun.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, those onions!!

Simple but delicious. Spaghetti Aglio E Olio.

Name:	20220110_191507.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	1157340

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Beauty in simplicity!

• DTro
        DTro commented
        Editing a comment
        This accidentally fell out of the dinner rotation a while ago. Time to bring it back! Yum...

Name:	20220110_171341.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1157351 My local supermarket had spare ribs on sale for $0.99 # , only problem was that they didn't have any. They may possibly have some on Thursday and no rain checks. Plan B turned out to be buffalo chicken breast.

Last edited by Whiskeyman53; January 10, 2022, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Cod with lemon and cayenne, roasted garlic potatoes, and asparagus with parmesan.

Name:	20220110_183029~3.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1157354

Comment

• efincoop
          efincoop commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks fantastic & beautifully plated.

• jhoskins
          jhoskins commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, my wife would eat that up.. need to give it a try. Did you smoke it or roast it?

Rockfish, new red potatoes, Kalamata olives, green beans with bacon and almonds. Tossed the potatoes in olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper. Put a dressing of EVOO, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, lemon zest on the fish. It was damn good!

And yes, Dunkin really wants to "help"

Name:	5F2C1551-BFF5-45AB-9F9E-18181A6B351D.jpeg
Views:	307
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	1157369

Name:	DAFCFEF2-B829-41DF-AA3D-BFB4A77F0EE0.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	1157370

Name:	3480712C-AB24-40DF-A253-147E4BFFABEF.jpeg
Views:	297
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	1157371

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          nice lookin’ Pacific snapper!

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          smokenoob even if it wasn’t on the grill, it was damn good.

Wok this way…with a stir fry of veg and skirt steak. Nice combination and the skirt steak was really good. This was a pack from one of the farms with Crowd Cow.

Name:	673E1B54-9C74-43E5-A7D8-0DA02297BAC1.jpeg
Views:	313
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	1157396

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          All these skirt steaks. I’ve only cooked one of them, but, you all have me drooling for more. Outer?

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Richard Chrz skirt steak is one of my favorite cuts. Versatile, as are many other thinner cuts, but I enjoy skirt steak flavor. Outer is the best of the two but, I just buy what I can find. It’s usually not labeled in stores, but from the online places, most of the time it is outer. I don’t recall if this was outer or not, I have another pack in the freezer that I’ll have to check.

I took this whole roast and turned it into home made deli roast beef. My own rub, mesquite wood, smoker set at 235, internal temp to 135, rested over night , then sliced to paper thin. Using home made bread it made for a mouth watering sandwich.
        ​
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice. Can you share any photos of the slices? And, keep posting!

• Bad Daddy
          Bad Daddy commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't have one I can put up tonight. But I can take a photo of the slices in a vacuum bag. I wound up slicing the roast into quarters then deli sliced 1/4.
          And thank you Dr. Pepper, whom I'm guessing is watching Georgia against Alabama, only because Dr. Pepper is a major sponsor for college football ( go Vols)

• pearlsnapshirt
          pearlsnapshirt commented
          Editing a comment
          I know this is a mostly BBQ site and that roast looks good, but that bread looks amazing!

I give you sausage, fennel seed, and roasted garlic pizza. This may have been one of the best pizza's I have yet made. I left my usual pepperoni (the cheap Hormel slices) off and I think it really improved the pizza! The sausage/fennel flavor was more noticeable and pronounced, plus, the pizza was noticeably less greasy.

And I absolutely nailed the doneness on the crust.

The Chimp did have a little bit of a struggle tonight keeping it north of 475 F. A brisk wind was blowing directly onto the grill, plus I was using the PRO mode. The temperature swings (in an effort to get more smoke) are very pronounced at high temperatures. However, I think for short cooks (like pizza) at high temps -- especially when I want the temp to remain high and not dip, I think I will use PID mode.

I keep wanting to branch out to a pizza stone/steel, but the technique (I found via Sam the Cooking Guy) of pre-cooking the curst for four minutes in cast iron really makes a great crust. Plus, doing that in the same pan you cooked the sausage in adds tremendous flavor.

Name:	IMG-5270.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1157467

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm doing pizza tomorrow and also decided against pepperoni for once. I think I'm going to do a beef and onion pizza.

Name:	IMG_1970.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	1157837

Comment

Used the last of the haystack fried onions. Cheeseburger topped with fried onions and an egg sunny side up.

Name:	86FF9A39-7A41-4990-AA9A-DD6C8E3B50DE.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	1157896

Comment

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            ofelles this just went on rotation, although I still have to try a poached egg. I think it may be a better eating experience.
            Last edited by Richard Chrz; January 11, 2022, 08:14 PM.

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey that’s two nights in a row you got to eat on a bun, are you logging in from heaven? Anything you haven’t told us?

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            There it is! Delicious

Calzone night.

Had some leftover ricotta, Oaxaca cheese and some mortadella in the fridge and figured a calzone was calling my name. Made a quick same day dough with AP and caputo flour. A slight spread of tomato sauce on top for the quasi Neapolitan vibe.

Name:	4F07817E-A8CE-46AE-B005-EB46B9AF2D14.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1157920

Name:	5AB3784D-F859-4E0B-AAC2-449D49068CED.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1157921

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Those remind me of Europe 🥲

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            shify thank you! I am an SAF instant yeast user…. Should be close, huh?

• shify
            shify commented
            Editing a comment
            SheilaAnn - I'm a SAF instant yeast guy too!

Pork tenderloin with carrots and potatoes.

Name:	20220111_183045~2.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	1157988

Name:	20220111_183442~2.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1157989

Name:	20220111_184059.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	1157987

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Color & texture. (And delicious, I am certain.) Pure Attjack

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            smokenoob Meet me in the air fryer thread...

• RichieB
            RichieB commented
            Editing a comment
            Delicious! Cooking indoors in air fryer is OK. It hit a high of 10 today and it's 0 now. I did a burger on C.I. fries in toaster oven tonight. No shame.

Chicken enchilada casserole, used left over roasted chicken that I had frozen. Had to get some of the sauces goodness from the pan too!

Name:	CB765DBE-F85B-4033-8ED6-FDD400652D38.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	1158030

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            SheilaAnn you shouldn’t have to ration green chile!

• tamidw
            tamidw commented
            Editing a comment
            SheilaAnn I really need to get some fresh hatch chilies sometime. I've been wanting to but being in Oregon it's kind of hard to and know of a trustworthy place to get them.

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            barelfly you are not wrong. I made my freezer batch and then thought to myself, this will not last. Went back to 3 different places and it was too late. Next season, I am over purchasing!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here