Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime tri-tip, dry-brined and reverse-seared over a live red oak fire on the Buckaroo. Served with David Tanis' "Biblical lentils" and roasted asparagus.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220102_014538059.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	1152864

Name:	PXL_20220102_021122659.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	1152865

Name:	PXL_20220102_021523258.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	1152866

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Very pretty. You like your meat mooing! And, Tanis has some great recipes.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      PERFECT!

Pork Tenderloin in the SV Hot Tub, finished with a SPOG rub and seared on the CI skillet. Served with an apple and onion as well as roasted Brussels.

Name:	74748A3B-9822-4A82-AD06-08F80CEAC7FF.jpeg
Views:	335
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	1152877

Comment

Repeat: Peruvian Chicken with green sauce (Kenji, from SE https://www.seriouseats.com/peruvian...n-sauce-recipe

My wife was cleaning out the fridge, so purple cabbage, leaks, and carrots went underneath the rack. Done in the convection oven at 400F.

Name:	IMG_0091.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	1152883 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0092.jpeg
Views:	329
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	1152882

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        DaveD And I thought it was a beehive comb pattern this whole time! 🙄

Also, I had put the 4 leftover hind quarters outside the kitchen door (32 F) last night, in a pan covered with aluminum foil, to cool off before putting in the fridge. Forgot to bring them in.
        Some crows/coyote/raccoons had themselves a fine Peruvian chicken midnight snack!
        Last edited by Dr. Pepper; January 2, 2022, 02:31 PM.

• TWBarbecue
        TWBarbecue commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks fantastic!

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Lucky foragers, those little guys. I hope they left you a tip, Dr. Pepper .

K.

Found some rib trimmings in the freezer... Hit em with salt, Tumeric and cayenne. Roast in the oven. Used the rendered fat to roast some potatoes and carrots....
      ​​​​​​

Name:	PXL_20220102_023419949.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	1152907

Comment

Black eyed peas, collards, fried chicken. Took the picture a few bites in, so not pretty plating. Screwed up the chocolate pudding something fierce. I was doing to many things at one time. Used a smoked turkey drumette for the greens and the flat/tip for the beans. Chicken should almost be on "SUWYC make fun of it". I couldn’t regulate the stupid oil well enough. Here’s to a prosperous, healthy and happy new year, Pitmasters!

Name:	9E78159E-323D-46D1-B413-C1086DE024F7.jpeg
Views:	330
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1152916

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John SheilaAnn traditionally you aren't supposed to eat chicken, shrimp, lobster, or any bottom feeding fish on new years. Not supposed to leave your plate empty. I know it is just superstition, but I need all the help a redneck can get. Lol.

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn making your squash enchiladas tomorrow.

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          texastweeter I think the enchiladas were skipsdaughter ?
          Wish I could take credit!

This is the first time I cured a fresh ham and smoked it over applewood. Even my wife, who doesn't really like smoked meats, enjoyed it.

Name:	Ham 01.01.2022.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1152934

Comment

• Sonoma Mark
          Sonoma Mark commented
          Editing a comment
          How long did it take and at what temp?

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          I have one of those wives as well!

• Bkhuna
          Bkhuna commented
          Editing a comment
          Sonoma Mark - 300°F for about 5.5 hours. Pulled at 145°F internal. Covered loosely in foil until diner.

First cook using Black Bear Hex Logs. Started off with two logs in my SNS on top of about 30 half used Kingsford briquettes. Other than a chunk of apple wood for the first several hours I didn't need any more fuel.

Happy with the ham, happy with the fire, happy with the New Year.

New Year's Eve 2021. I'm calling these my no fuss ribs.

Woke up late, remembered I was smoking ribs that afternoon, threw the rub on (first pic is just to show my buddy who hates mustard how little I use; I only use it because it's a little tackier than water). 4 hours later, threw on at 225.

I normally do a 2-1-1 for baby backs but didn't feel like pulling and wrapping in butcher paper (was doing some yard/house work at the same time) so I just upped the temp to 250 (thanks Billows for making that easy) for an hour.

Is it the best smoke ring? Nah. Were they a damn good way to end the year? You betcha!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          I know just as well as anyone that the ring doesn’t add anything but I’m always more than a little disappointed when I don’t get one.

Double smoked ham with bourbon maple glaze. Need to work on my food photography skills!
        Attached Files

Comment

New Years Day Noon meal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	593A5482-E2DF-4F86-940A-85CDB18B7336.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.54 MB ID:	1153096
          Hoppin’ John Jambalaya - Black-eyed Peas, Rice, Andouille Sausage, onions and bell pepper

Click image for larger version  Name:	73E3AEA3-026F-41C3-92AA-05F7BB169DA2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.96 MB ID:	1153097
          Cabbage Casserole - Cabbage, Ground Beef, Onions and Bell Pepper
          Click image for larger version  Name:	E9E894E3-C56A-4550-B741-A676E0F032E7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.17 MB ID:	1153098
          Pulled Pork - Rubbed and smoked overnight at 225
          Last edited by LA Pork Butt; January 2, 2022, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• BFlynn
            BFlynn commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes please

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh hell yeah! LA Pork Butt Tell me a little more about that cabbage casserole please. I..am…trying…that for sure.
            Last edited by Panhead John; January 2, 2022, 01:13 PM.

Name:	image_163546.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1153121 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_163547.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	1153122 I'm sure this isn't a new thing, but it's new for me. I decided to do a mash-up of blasphemy ribs and pork belly burnt ends using pork shoulder cut into cubes. I did a rough 2" cube and used my own rub blend to coat the cubes. Got the PBC going and settled in around 250 degrees. Put the pork on the grate and went 2.5 hours till I got some decent bark, then into a foil pan with some bbq sauce and covered tight with foil. Another 2 hours and done. I was going for a single bite, but they didn't shrink down as much as I thought they would, but still turned out pretty good. Great flavor and nice and tender.
          Last edited by DennyWoo; January 2, 2022, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! And, welcome to Amazing Ribs, and to sharing your cooks with us!

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks delicious!

Kathryn

Just made this 15# brisket for a football tailgate. Naturally, it was a giant hit. Now making another one so I get to eat more! Not bad for my 2nd brisket!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where’s the beef? Your house! Nice work pitmaster.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            The Pit is the best part of the website! C’mon back and visit….we’ll leave the light on fer ya.

• willxfmr
            willxfmr commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

My dad always tells me ya gotta have pork on New Year's Day. I figured ribs count, right?
          Attached Files

Comment

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            Your dad and I would get along great, you to! Looks great!

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Hell yeah!

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful ribs! Caramel meat.

Afternoon stack of John F Martin bacon on my Weber 26 inch Kettle.
          Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	95AE5116-D3F4-41A5-9670-ED159A52E17E.jpeg Views:	19 Size:	4.97 MB ID:	1153213 Click image for larger version  Name:	7C800059-2D91-4D68-9584-3387C27D31D1.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	3.66 MB ID:	1153212

Another New Years pork meal with Mrs. H crab stuffed mushrooms.
            Last edited by HawkerXP; January 2, 2022, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              PBC?? I think not?

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              What does MrsH put in her mushrooms? When I do crab, it’s parsley, bread crumbs and pecorino Romano cheese. Or i will do spinach, bleu cheese and bacon (topped with breadcrumbs, parsley and Romano cheese). It all looks delicious. Now I want stuffed mushrooms!

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              Mrs. H said, tweaked from a Red Lobster recipe found online. SheilaAnn

Some homemade pizza, homemade dough too. If you have a good monitor, you might be able to see 2 sparkly eyes of my sons dog waiting for the pizza to fall off the table.

Name:	D025B987-3C77-468C-B6EC-934E151AA64A.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	1153238

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Pup knows what’s up!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here