Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More fun with my new pellet grill!

There certainly is something to be said for cooking outdoors. I've never cooked a pizza on any grill as whatever I am cooking needs to take longer to cook than the setup.

I did this pepperoni flatbread pizza on the Chimp. It turned out fantastic! I had a momentary lapse of reason and left the foil underneath it, which defeated the convection of the Chimp, but it still turned out decently crispy.

Was there any smoke flavor? Not really....but I wasn't expecting any at 400 F and only 14 minutes of cooking time. (But then again, do I really want my pizza to taste highly smoked?)

This thing is just so ridiculously convenient. If I could only have one grill/smoker, it would not be a pellet grill, but this fits nicely with my Kettle and PBC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-5241.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	1151667

Name:	IMG-5242.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1151668

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya may not want a lot of smoke, but a little smoke on a pizza takes it to another level.

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      I may experiment with that a bit. I may try sub-300 for a bit, then hit it to 400 to crisp the bread.

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      We’ve cooked take and bake pizzas on the smoker many times and they’re really good. Just enough smoke is parted onto it to make it super yummy.

We've had crazy weather here lately: mid-high 70s all Christmas season long, heavy rain, tornados watches.

Today it was pouring rain all day, internet was out, thunder and lightning - no way I was going outside to grill

So I just stayed inside and made some baked taters. Steamed some broccoli to go with them and also had some leftover cauliflower
    Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Love loaded taters!

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great!
      I thought we were gonna drown last night...!

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      Baked potatoes, one of my favs! Well, potatoes any which way are my favorites!

Birria de Res Tacos at the Lake House…….that is all….

Name:	46E416AD-CB03-4913-BBD4-A8F133E05E06.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1151681

Name:	7C365D5B-4F5D-4B2E-9583-55F6C19B1EF5.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1151680

Name:	07A6082C-43D0-498D-986C-0E1A7C918328.jpeg
Views:	296
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	1151679

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the cup of birria! Do they prefer to use beef over goat in NM?

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Taco place here makes em....I order them jokers by the tray! Yours look splendid. Also like me some tacos de canastas but they are harder to find than teats on a catfish.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper - I have never had birria tacos at a restaurant, only make them. But you get into some of the smaller neighborhoods down south and you can find goat. As for me, I prefer beef. And, the Birria - well that is almost as prized as the meat in my family! It has been reserved for breakfast tomorrow!

texastweeter - Tacos de Canasta! I have not had these, at least from a canasta itself. But, this episode on Taco Chronicles was one of my favorites!

Sometimes I make extra mashed potatoes everytime just so I can have leftovers for gnocchi....

Name:	PXL_20211231_003244790.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	1151692

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      With sage and brown butter, my favorite!

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ridiculous. Amazing. And complete genius!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Love gnocchi, so easy to make but oh so satisfying

Made one of my regular favorites today for a vegetarian friend who came for lunch: squash enchiladas.

Name:	IMG_20201122_105330.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	1151694

Comment

Tri-tip and bok choy.

Name:	20211230_181107~2_resize_72.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	321.2 KB
ID:	1151696

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John the sauce was water, worcester, hoisin, soy sauce, flour, sesame oil, and gochujang. I tossed the beef in soy sauce then flour and pan fried it in 2 batches then set it aside. Then in the same pan added garlic and ginger until fragrant. Then the white parts of the bok choy and scallions. When that looked tender, I added the sauce, deglazed, added the bok choy greens, beef, and lowered heat to medium to cook until the sauce was bubbling. Finally, the green scallions parts.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      The water and worcester were combined. If I had beef broth I would have used that. If I had corn starch, I would have used that in place of both instances of flour. I was just trying to use up the last foods I have here at the cabin.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack Thanks to your suggestions right after I bought the wok, I now have everything you’ve mentioned in house. I’ll try that next time around.

Yet another day of rain in Altadena. Fortunately, we had leftover Rib roast to make roast beef hash.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20211231_022847962.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	1151718
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20211231_024308448.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.03 MB ID:	1151719
    Last edited by theroc; December 30, 2021, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn! If AR was Twitter, theroc wouldn’t have been able to edit ✍️. Now I look like a babbling idiot. 🤪

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      "His name is Robert Paulson"

Bob had b**ch t*ts

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks really good

wife and kids went to see the grandparents yesterday so I had a day of blissful solitude. Decided to throw a rack of baby backs on the summit while I puttered around and watched a few movies.

Cooked them at ~225 for about 4 hours and then bumped it up to ~275 for another hour. I pulled them at the point since they bent and the bark cracked when I picked them up, but I think they could have gone for another 30 mins to an hour

For those that are curious, the shot of the coals was after 8 hours of cooking. And the SNS was NOT full to the brim when I started. I would guess it was about 3/4 full.

Attached Files

Comment

Chuck roast cooked on the Big Green Egg, using Meatheads new Red Meat Rub.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Bark & Moisture! Perfect

• BradNorthGA
        BradNorthGA commented
        Editing a comment
        Love my BGE!

I’m really liking this stir fry cooking with my new wok. Last night I did an Asian beef stir fry and it turned out dang good. The best part for me is you can use almost any veggies you want and like. I can guarantee this wok will never have a Brussel sprout in it. I recently stocked up on some Asian stir fry sauces and pastes. Used a few of em in this meal. I bought a package of sliced beef and browned the meat. My veggies were bok choy, yellow and green onions, red and green bell peppers, blend of crimini, shiitake and oyster mushrooms; 2 jalapeños and lots of garlic. Mixed with a package of Udon stir fry noodles.

Name:	BE4F478D-C93E-402D-99A2-8F8040E825A1.jpeg
Views:	265
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	1151858

Name:	5E3BF210-92BE-4DF0-AF2C-517409875D3D.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	1151859

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        You woked - err - rocked it.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah Attjack You really should try this Asian stir fry thing, let me know if you ever need any pointers. 🙄

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do, Panhead John my plan is to wait until the weather gets better in 2022 and buy a new grate for my Performer with the hole in it and use it with a poortex and the new wok.
        Last edited by Attjack; December 31, 2021, 01:18 PM.

Terlingua Chili with Venison Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211231_113939.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	1151899

Comment

The kid had been requesting me to make ‘broccoli and carrot’ soup. That’s what he calls it because I also add carrots, but cream of broccoli cheddar soup is my all time favorite. So happy my 10yo loves vegetables, including Brussels sprouts. 😊

Name:	65A2A34A-9AAF-4F62-8D95-338B62A6F8E4.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1152006

Comment

Ms Santa brought me a Sous Vide machine. First cook yesterday and today was pork belly. Turned out great, melty, tasty, wonderful. Fried it at a bit to high of a temperature. Would go lower temperature fry for a deeper crisp on the outside. What a way to end the year. :-)
          Attached Files

Comment

Made bone broth with my beef ribs, 20 hours... then after cooling and skimming fat I chopped some carrots, brats from the other nights, and chives with some egg noodles. It's just me and the dogs tonight so they all got a little soup without the chives and brats since I didn't put any real garlic in the broth Happy New Year pit peeps!

Name:	20211230_114616.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	1152034

Name:	20211231_161539.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1152033

Comment

Ended 2021 with one of my favorite breakfast - Biscuits and Gravy...I used some leftover Country Ham to make the gravy with...definitely a keeper...

Name:	IMG_0200.JPEG
Views:	233
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1152044

Comment

• ssandy_561
                ssandy_561 commented
                Editing a comment
                Love me some "Cat Puke" over biscuits. This is how my better half refers to it every time I make or order it out.

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                B&G is the best!

• Michael_in_TX
                Michael_in_TX commented
                Editing a comment
                Few things are better than a hearty helping of biscuits and gravy!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here