Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Day dinner, Basque Lamb Stew. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211225_190056.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1150371 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211225_184822.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	1150372

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great!

Turned left over Christmas ham into some beans. But I'm doing things a little different. Made the beans yesterday with 50/50 rancho gordo ayocote negros and pintos, then converted most of the beans into a soup today adding celery, carrot, some leftover tomatoes and more onion today. Plan was the beans would go on nachos but um we're outta chips

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211225_090459.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	1150383

Name:	20211226_141134.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1150380

Name:	20211226_141447.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1150381

Name:	20211228_121529.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	1150379

Name:	20211228_161557.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1150382

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Way to improvise!

Last Night's Old Fashioned Roast Chicken, Veggies, Potatoes, and Gravy. Hard to see but I did stuff the Chicken with a Sage, Caraway, Onion, Mushroom, Sourdough Bread Stuffing.

Name:	IMG_6417.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	1150441

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Super!

Click Akausha Outside Skirt Steak with Meathead’s Red Meat Rub.

Name:	422F2EAE-FB7B-4844-8112-49D263D8EB5D.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	1150460

Thrown on the Napoleon gasser and flipped, flipped, flipped.

Name:	9E8ABE80-D009-4B6C-8B2D-ABF982815EFA.jpeg
Views:	326
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	1150459
    Then it was gobbled up before any plating pictures.

Comment

Double smoked ham sliders with the last of the sweet potatoes.

Name:	2021-12-28 18.23.15.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	1150489

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        Having ham sliders tonight also, leaving out the sweet potatoes.

Ok, I didn't cook/make this, but here was tonight's dinner for Barbara, me and her daughter. We used to go to this sushi place very regularly, but hadn't been since COVID.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211228_200212.jpg Views:	5 Size:	305.5 KB ID:	1150528
      Last edited by Dewesq55; December 28, 2021, 07:27 PM.

Comment

My bride requested a repeat lamb pop dish since the one two days ago was so good! I decided to take it up a notch and add just a hint of coffee, bananas, coconut, black olives, nutmeg, dill, pumpkin, and cilantro! OMG it was so good and you can’t taste those ingredients they blended in so well!

and a side of sprinkles, I was jonesing 😳
        Attached Files

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          Whaa? Who me????

• Caffeine88
          Caffeine88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Brilliant! Could I have the recipe? I'd like to rate it 5 stars!

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried to add all the flavors/seasonings that you all can't stand or tolerate, and I get 15 likes, SheilaAnn gets a gold star for laughing, the rest of you, go to the back of the class! 😂🤣 ComfortablyNumb once said something profound about a situation like this but I can’t remember so it may not have happened….

Made a few smoked chicken wings on the BGE tonight. Over the course of many cooks I have really honed my technique for getting the skin crispy on smoked wings, and tonight it was especially good -- wife commented right away about the skin on these. Also baked some cauliflower
        Attached Files

Comment

• BradNorthGA
          BradNorthGA commented
          Editing a comment
          efincoop After I separate the wings I pat them dry thoroughly, then hit them with kosher salt. Let them dry brine overnight on rack w/ ventilation. Skin is yellow (from moisture all drawn out) when they come out of fridge. After rub, I very lightly dust skin with cornstarch before smoking the wings at 325* F

• efincoop
          efincoop commented
          Editing a comment
          BradNorthGA thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to try it on my next wing cook.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Wings look great Brad, really tasty looking! Cauliflower huh? Guess you were out of Brussel sprouts?

Chicken phillys on the flat top tonight for dinner.

Name:	3E57DDD5-FDBF-47C1-97E1-F011308D9A20.jpeg
Views:	280
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	1150651

Comment

ANOTHER NOT A RIB ROAST

Still on the sabbatical from red meat.

Bucatini with clams (Alison Roman recipe), salad with salt cured anchovies/feta.

(BTW, this $10 Portuguese Douro Valley Red was awesome. I need to go back and buy a couple of cases.)

Name:	IMG_0041.jpeg
Views:	288
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	1150676 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0042.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	1150679 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0043.jpeg
Views:	275
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	1150678 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0044.jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	1150677

Comment

• efincoop
            efincoop commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks fantastic!

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            You are crushing it with the shellfish cooks the last few days! This looks top notch!

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            I bet that was amazing!

DavidNorcross got me craving CFS. A little overkill on the gravy so you can’t see the crust that much. Mighty good though!

Name:	9D3B48D5-C1C9-4361-BD1B-0A679BBE6420.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1150696

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with tamidw and Henrik. For things like this, I like my gravy just short of thick enough to cut with a knife.

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            The gravy turned out really nice, actually. And there is leftovers. I see a biscuit and scrambled eggs in my future!

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Chang them sprouts out for green beans, and you would have one of my favorite meals. I may have to go to the gristmill here in a few...looks like you executed to perfection!

On Christmas day my daughters were not feeling well and took a home COVID test and both tested positive. A very COVID Christmas for us. We had to cancel two Christmas dinners - One with my wife's side of the family on 12/25 and the other with mine on 12/26. I am not complaining since I have much to be grateful for and it's awful that so many have lost loved ones. So I always try and Focus on the Good!

So with my kids quarantined at home, I am making them foods that they love. Below are pics of my Chicken Enchiladas Acapulco that I got out of the LA times back in 1987. Both my daughters love these enchiladas. Good old home cooking!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Jim White
            Jim White commented
            Editing a comment
            Yum. That’s my kind of comfort food.

Hoping for speedy recoveries all around.

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            OOH, that looks good! A Mexican version of Jewish chicken soup with matzoh balls. That should beat the c**p out of those 'rona' bad boys.

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            That will fix em right up!

Well, New Year’s Eve is coming up, and THE most common main dish in Sweden is Beef tenderloin. Now yours truly was interviewed by a local newspaper (Eskilstuna-Kuriren), they did a profile piece on me, and I shared some tips and tricks as well as suggestions for a 3 course dinner (all on the grill). Good times!

Click image for larger version  Name:	88550F51-49AB-422F-B01C-C1DE8419463F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	459.7 KB ID:	1150964

Anywho, of course I’ll share with you all esteemed pit members. You’re all well familiar with smoking and reverse searing, so no need to knock in open doors. BUT: I suggest two things in the article that improves things:

1. Fold the thin end back and truss it tight. This makes the tenderloin evenly thick, and it’s all done at the same time.

2. use a ground coffee/black pepper rub, 2:1 ratio. Boom!

Check out the photo I took for the paper, doesn’t look too bad now does it? 😁

Click image for larger version  Name:	9E4B972B-9145-42C9-87FB-6C0D2DFD2A7D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	1150965

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            You would think you might know what you are doing! Looks great!

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks efincoop, and a happy new year's to you too!

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            texastweeter - as an old Swedish world champion (Ingemar Stenmark) in slalom once said:

"It's funny, the more I practise the luckier I get" :-)

Thanks man!

Haha.. this is awesome. I can't read the article with Henrik since the paper requires a subscription but.... the title is great.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 12.43.15 PM.png
Views:	249
Size:	468.4 KB
ID:	1150985

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, that sure was a cheesy headline - I didn't have a say in the matter though :-)

• IdSmokeThat
            IdSmokeThat commented
            Editing a comment
            Henrik Lies sir! That was literally your quote verbatim on your people's magazine interview back in 2019

• bunky2021
            bunky2021 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great post, thanks for sharing!

I'm wondering if you're experiencing a growing number of strangers knocking on your door and inviting themselves to dinner these days?

Just wings Click image for larger version

Name:	FB778311-EC6E-4A27-A26C-9A313E665032.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	1151078

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here