Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese steak with leftover Christmas prime rib. Toasted garlic roll, onions and red and green peppers.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20211227_233111426.jpg Views:	58 Size:	248.1 KB ID:	1149854
    Last edited by Dewesq55; December 28, 2021, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I got 2 legs of lamb deboned at the local Halal butcher shop. I follow the recipe here and it was fantastic! My son said it may have been the best ever meat he has ever eaten.
      Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        I say welcome, but you’ve been a member for some time now! So, welcome to Show us What your Cooking! That looks wonderful! Excellent crust/bark on that!

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        I love lamb, and those photos look amazing! Well done! And welcome to posting. Hopefully we'll see another post before 2027.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ding dang Spivey! Welcome, even though ya been around the block awhile. Nice work!

Didn’t get a chance to post this the other day…
      Click image for larger version

Name:	72CC4843-F421-4671-90A2-1A4655E1DCDF.jpeg
Views:	277
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	1149929 ​​​​​​​

Comment

Got a Honeybaked Ham for Christmas, been eating on that for the past few days. Tonight I smoked a pork tenderloin and then used some more of the ham to make Cubans. Rare picture of the wife in one of these photos. The sandwiches were great!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Great sandwiches, and always nice to see family.

NOT PRIME RIB

We needed a break from red meat after all this rib stuff. Taylor Shellfish is a local, Seattle based operation that has multiple oyster beds, farms, clam beds, and outlets selling this plus geoduck, dungenness crab, and sit down meals as well. With the current Omicron wave we went with take out rather than sit and dine. Tomorrow night we do pasta with clams. Tonight:

confession: the potatoes and beans are on their third go-round, having first been served on Xmas day with the rib steaks, last night with leftover steak, and tonight.

Name:	IMG_0038.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1149992 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0039.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	1149993

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Raw oysters and crab, oh my. A man after my own heart (and palate!!)

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Troutman Taylor offers 3 prices/lb for their Dungeness: live, whole but cooked, and cooked and cleaned and cracked for you. In order of increasing price. They boil theirs in a concoction that includes salt, beer, apple cider and other secret ingredients. Plus, other crabs have already been boiled in it. So good! The grocery stores, if they offer it, tend to boil in water and possibly baking soda to 'remove odors' 😱. Flavorless. Now, just need a larger one (or two 😏)

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          those oysters are begging for a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc to be on the table :-)

It seems to go over well,,,
        BACON!
        Of course it does!
        Here is 26-1/2 lbs and it is all spoken for, guess I gotta wait for the next batch after the deer are processed.
        Attached Files

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking bacon.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking slices!

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Everything goes with bacon, even bacon & more bacon.

Originally posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
        NOT PRIME RIB

We needed a break from red meat after all this rib stuff. Taylor Shellfish is a local, Seattle based operation that has multiple oyster beds, farms, clam beds, and outlets selling this plus geoduck, dungenness crab, and sit down meals as well. With the current Omicron wave we went with take out rather than sit and dine. Tomorrow night we do pasta with clams. Tonight:

confession: the potatoes and beans are on their third go-round, having first been served on Xmas day with the rib steaks, last night with leftover steak, and tonight.

Name:	IMG_0038.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1149992 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0039.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	1149993
        I want'a come to your house!!
        Last I had of oysters on the half shell was in Victoria BC at my daughters 2-1/2 years ago! They were "buck a shuck" and then we got into a few fancy ones! YUM!

Comment

Perfect rib roast for visiting friends. Used a Master Built 40" propane vault smoker. Roast smoked to IT of 138°+/- with reverse sear. Used Meathead's new beef rub product. Rib part smoked to IT of 203°+/-. Used a salt, pepper & garlick blend. Cook chamber temp targeted to 225°. Technical term is "yummy'. Thanks to Amazing Ribs for all of the instruction, insight and guidance that made this possible.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Results look awesome! And, welcome to your 2nd post.

Well the holiday cooking is over (at least in the Troutman house) so I got out the last of my dry aged steaks from deep in the freezer and had a good old fashion grill last night. Temps here in the Houston area have been in the low '80s so it's spring like. Need to take advantage because it turns on a dime here.

It never fails to amaze me that you can take a platter of this....

Name:	steak 01.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	1150133

...and turn it into that with a little heat and oak wood smoke.

Name:	steak 02.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	1150134

Name:	steak 03.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	1150132

Comment

• DaveD
            DaveD commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with Doc Pep, please tell us about the compound butter! Great work!

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes indeed that is a compound butter. I make up about a pound of it at a time and freeze little mini-logs of it. Can't remember what all I put in that one, it's usually what ever fresh herbs I have on hand, some cilantro and my magic secret ingredient (which I will reveal) one or two of those little canned chipotle peppers and a bit of the adobo sauce finely chopped. Gives the butter a little kick.

• Draznnl
            Draznnl commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice. That is a delicious looking plate.

Just some Wagyu Brisket fun.

Name:	IMG_4535.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	1150152
          and rendering down some tallow.......

Name:	66213493621__BA390911-88C2-4985-AA65-C7D367B0C5BE.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1150153

Comment

• gboss
            gboss commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, you must be trying the "Wagyu tallow trick" everyone keeps talking about!

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yeah, I do this every time I get a wagyu brisket. I love this stuff, it is great. I use it all the time for cooking or in Chili. gboss

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Man, you have to be the brisket master!

I set a timer, retrieved the slicer from a back room, set it up, then sliced a whole double smoked ham and a bacon belly.
          Time: 6 minutes 37 seconds (add 5 more minutes for clean up).

A friend had this slicer sitting in his barn for years and he gave it to me. I cleaned it up, put about $200 bucks worth of parts into it and it works like new!

Name:	A slicer.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	1150231

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            BACON !!!!!

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            And ya still have all a your fingers?

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Solid looking slicer that's sure to last you a long time. Nice score even with 200 bucks in it.

Hi all hope everyone is is relaxin watching some college football and cooking. I baked today but I've done a handful this month and thought I'd share. They are all K.A. recipes.

Caraway Rye Bread. One of mine and my wife's favorite.

Name:	20211221_154933.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1150248 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211221_155017.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	1150249 100% Whole Wheat Bread. Very good all whole wheat flour. Nice breakfast bread with butter and jam.

Name:	20211222_164430.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	1150250 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211222_164446.jpg
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	1150251 Kaiser rolls. Did today. The recipe calls for 6 rolls. The 1st time that what I did. Rolls delicious but small. Today did 4. More to my liking. First picture 4 second the 6. I think you'll see the difference.

Name:	20211228_134547.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	1150252 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211209_141440.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	1150253 I'll go 4 from now on. Might double recipe to get 8.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful breads. When we grew up, our parents would mash fresh strawberries with sugar and sour cream, and we'd dip our toasted and buttered caraway rye into the mash. Tasted awesome, although I admit that typing it out, it sounds weird.
            Last edited by Dr. Pepper; December 28, 2021, 01:46 PM.

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            Slice into the rye!! Rye is on my radar this week. I also have meatballs in the bulk-prep queue.

• Skip
            Skip commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm glad you didn't ask us to vote on which bread picture was best. Looking so good!

Quick breakfast this morning of potato pancakes from left over mashed potatoes, over medium eggs (I chopped mine up) and bacon. Not the prettiest, but darn it was good!

Name:	3FAAAAE2-06E9-41E2-8351-A8BB87041AB3.jpeg
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	1150329

Comment

• tmaan235
            tmaan235 commented
            Editing a comment
            You nailed it! Love medium eggs. Cut the bacon up a little. Mix all lightly, glass of ice cold milk, heaven...

Changing it up a bit with Breakfast on the griddle!
          Attached Files

Comment

Grill Blackened Shrimp & Scallops! So delicious!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
              Dr. Pepper commented
              Editing a comment
              What! No Prime Rib Roast! (Looks delicious, and a nice switch up, which we all need about now.)

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here