Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garlic Parmesan shrimp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F41D7143-769E-4EDD-9254-AC412F30959C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	473.5 KB ID:	1143198

Click image for larger version  Name:	05278ECC-8E54-4DBF-BB27-67226B5D200A.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	562.8 KB ID:	1143182
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; December 16, 2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211216_201746122 (1).jpg
Views:	261
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	1143194

Comment

Local supermarket had a sale on pre-brined point cut (!) corned beefs. Who could resist $10 for a 4 lb point cut corned beef to turn into pastrami. Desalinated 24 hrs and then rubbed and sat over night before a full day smoke in the PBC. Took about 8 hrs in all to get to 203.
        ​
        ​ Click image for larger version

Name:	9319D059-53DF-43FC-845A-D801B3A1E1A9.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1143530

clearly was not the greatest piece of meat and had an odd bit of sweetness to it but the sweetness dissipated a bit upon the steaming. Still this was better than most delis and worth the $10 and basket of charcoal total cost. Leftovers will be steamed and then in

Comment

Baked all morning, Christmas gifts going to my parent’s house this weekend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	120F698C-7F1F-4DD5-9CA8-F25E500647C9.jpeg Views:	41 Size:	6.90 MB ID:	1143568
          Last edited by Richard Chrz; December 17, 2021, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! These look crazy good!

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment

Deep Dish! Sausage mushrooms Click image for larger version

Name:	20211217_175811.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1143688 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211217_180257.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1143687

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Those looks great. Chicago influence?

• Santamarina
            Santamarina commented
            Editing a comment
            I want that in my mouth right now!

• Towering Inferno
            Towering Inferno commented
            Editing a comment
            How did you achieve this colossal pizza? Wow!

Texas style beef ribs with smoked roasted potatoes.

Name:	8A0384EC-8D1E-4CE6-AD7A-C57F8DBF3CDD.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	1143720 Click image for larger version

Name:	31587706-9027-4F4F-BFAC-7E881BA2ADEF.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	1143721

Comment

• BradNorthGA
            BradNorthGA commented
            Editing a comment
            Gorgeous! And perfect portions 🤌

Chunks of leftover smoked lamb shoulder simmered in a roasted pepper and onion marinara. Served over fettuccini and topped with pecorino Romano and Parmesan.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	B2DE6EFA-6CAA-4D80-AF9E-99926F91E489.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	3.27 MB ID:	1143726
          Last edited by Texas Larry; December 17, 2021, 08:02 PM.

Comment

60 Degrees in Manassas on Dec 17th

Fajitas Fixins....
            • Flank Steak
            • Virginai Half Smokes
            • Marinated Chicken
            "2 Pints of Sam Adams and I'm workin on 3...".
            Attached Files

Comment

• Bad Hat BBQ
              Bad Hat BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Initially posted the wrong PIC

• jhapka
              jhapka commented
              Editing a comment
              Them red coats don’t want it with thee

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              See? Ain't Thing One wrong with no Oklahoma Joe Smokers, y'all!!!

1st my aspiration to go to Wegmans was dashed when my wife tried to wake me at 730. Nope, not happening. We'll try again on Monday. So that led to doing my 1st rack o ribs in the PBJ. Simple dry brine and Memphis Dust. 4 hours average temperature 270. Fluctuations from 355 when I put it on till 220 when off. Noted temp every 30 minutes.
            Results, my wife said best ribs I've ever done..no smoke to accommodate her. She's not a fan of charcoal. I assured her there will be no charcoal taste. I guess I was correct.

Forgot to do plated pictures. STL cut from Whole Foods.

In driveway.

Name:	20211217_133450.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	1143741

Me being happy watch the cook.

Name:	20211217_133637.jpg
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1143742

Ready to take off.

Name:	20211217_165116.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1143743

End result.

Name:	20211217_165408.jpg
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	1143744

Comment

• RichieB
              RichieB commented
              Editing a comment
              No Dr. Pepper it's my way to respect my wifes tastes. Clearly her reaction was worth no smoke. It's a PBJ not a microwave. Your last comment about yourself says it all.

• Dr. Pepper
              Dr. Pepper commented
              Editing a comment
              RichieB Help me understand. I was trying to be funny. Didn’t work. Sorry.
              (I get the respect for your spouse. My wife gently reminds me that she isn’t crazy about smoke either. I think she doesn’t want to disappoint me.)
              So, there’s charcoal in the bottom, but no wood chunks?

• RichieB
              RichieB commented
              Editing a comment
              Dr. Pepper we're good. Yes, charcoal no wood. You're a health care provider. I have utmost respect for you and what your colleagues do. Merry Christmas.

My wife’s bread. She does the bread, while I do the meats!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Bad Hat BBQ
              Bad Hat BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Man can not live on bread alone...

(With that bread I kinda like my chances!)

• BradNorthGA
              BradNorthGA commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh man that looks good...

Bison braised in beef juice and mushrooms, air fried fingerling potatoes, and brussels. Served with a Ruthless Red.

Name:	20211217_181449~2_resize_91.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	480.1 KB
ID:	1143820

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
              Dr. Pepper commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks so good, Attjack.

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              Yummy! Where did you get the bison roast?

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              STEbbq my sister bought it as a birthday gift for my girlfriend so I'm not sure where she got it. There is a bison ranch in the area though but the roast was from somewhere else.

Rustic Miso Soup as the first course, followed by Miso Marinated Sablefish (Black Cod) served with grilled Bok Choy with a sweet soy glaze drizzle and black quinoa.

Name:	24017DF7-92C7-45A8-B266-8478D455260A.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	1143831

Name:	4B36448D-CAA1-4676-B8B5-AA8CF37EA684.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	1143832

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
              Dr. Pepper commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful!

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              You and me at "Rustic"! sounds awesome!

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Great color on the fish!

SVQ brisket flat, about a week in the making. Put it into the SV bath @ 155 for 30 hours early in the week, then had to put into the fridge until today because busy with work

Took it out and put it onto the smoker today. Was gonna go for 3 hours to form a solid bark, but wife came home from work & was ready to eat just shy of the 2 hour mark. No biggie, and honestly it was amazing even if I'd prefer it go an hour longer. It was delicious anyway

Toasted the insides of some brioche buns on a buttered skillet right before making the sandwiches...🤌

Looking forward to the leftovers!

Also included an "aftermath pic" showing the wreckage of the amazing meal; I love when people post these
            Attached Files

Comment

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              Pics disappeared!

• BradNorthGA
              BradNorthGA commented
              Editing a comment
              STEbbq unsure what the problem is because they're showing up for me

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              They are back now. Weird! Looks awesome buddy.

I know, I know, no cookin, but it was this evenings supper. Click image for larger version

Name:	D0D6E081-CBFD-4403-B824-189C4C4990F3.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	1143894

Comment

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              You were outta meat? Yeah, my wife makes me eat that stuff, bless her heart!

Tomorrow my wife and her lady friends are "drunk baking." It’s an annual tradition where they get together and bake a ton of different Xmas goodies…while boozing it up. I’m in charge of feeding them (and the men who show up at the end) when they’re done. Tomorrow we’re having brisket, potato salad, cole slaw, and baked beans (all home made).

Picked up a 17 lb Prime packer from Costco. I have a vertical offset smoker, so I have to cut the brisket in half to fit.

Trimmed, hit with 50/50 Morton’s coarse kosher salt and corse ground black pepper, and tossed it in the pit!

Planning to feed this stick burner for 6-7 hours. By then the bark should be set, so I’ll wrap in pink butcher paper and throw it in the oven inside to finish. Should be 3-4am my time. That will give me a few hours of real sleep before my kids (who are now on Xmas vacation) wake me up.

It’s currently 46°F on its way to the high-30s by the time I’m done. Gonna have to feed this fire a little more to keep temps up.

I’ll do my best to provide post cook photos…but my track record says I won’t! 🤣

EDIT: it’s now 2:30am and 36°F outside temp. The fire is requiring a lot of babysitting tonight, so I’m bundled up sitting next to my smoker…and I’m freezing my butt off!

UPDATE: pushing 4am…32°F, so I can officially say it’s freezing out here! Taking this brisket inside shortly to wrap and toss in the oven to finish. A hot shower for me and a few hours of sleep in my nice, warm bed…I love making barbecue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2E9FD494-F4C1-4606-9EE6-2BA50F6C312E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.96 MB ID:	1143917
            Click image for larger version  Name:	B163BF1C-5ACD-45AB-BB11-EC41238A9200.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.25 MB ID:	1143915 Click image for larger version  Name:	2ED8D732-02AC-46BF-9D84-315B322BA160.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.22 MB ID:	1143914 Click image for larger version  Name:	0BEF1F4C-3ED1-4DE7-AC82-CCD696017263.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.75 MB ID:	1143916 Click image for larger version  Name:	928F8BCF-3F1A-4583-B320-9943483BCEB9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	1143913
            Last edited by Santamarina; December 18, 2021, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
              Dr. Pepper commented
              Editing a comment
              Lookin' forward to the follow-up photos!

• Bad Hat BBQ
              Bad Hat BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Love THAT tradition!!!

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              I used to do that with my bestie. But alas, she moved away.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here