Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miso glazed cod with asparagus and garlic bread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211213_181326_3.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1142154
    Last edited by Attjack; December 14, 2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, dry sherry will work fine.

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on the shaoxing or dry sherry

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      And the sherry does lend a nice flavor

Went to my friends potluck Christmas party and my contribution was a cast iron pan of baked beans.

Name:	20211208_130953.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	1141964

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks delicious. What a gasser. 😊

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Them Beanz is always Welcome as th rain, to any dang ol Potluck I ever have goin on!

That there is One Servin, Right?

Smoked Pulled Pork! Smoked low and slow at 225° for 5 1/2 hrs followed by a 1 1/2 hr wrap at 275°, finishing with a 2 hr rest!
    Attached Files

Comment

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks fabulous!

• TWBarbecue
      TWBarbecue commented
      Editing a comment
      DaveD Thank you much!

Bought some pork from a local farmer. He sold a couple of his pigs in 20 lb samples. First thing I cooked was the pork chop equivalent to a porterhouse. I thought it was pretty good. Lots of fat marbling and the rich flavor I expect from pork that didn't come from a feedlot.

Name:	Mellick - Pork - 1.jpeg
Views:	315
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1142126

Name:	Mellick - Pork - 2.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1142127

Name:	Mellick - Pork - 3.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1142128

Name:	Mellick - Pork - 4.jpeg
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1142129

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice score! Like the marble

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      smokenoob I got the sample pack they sold at just $10/lb .... for artisanal pork in small quantities that's pretty good. And will entice me to buy a half a pig

3-1-1. Not 100%, but close.

Name:	1D32293A-F2D4-42D6-A037-B096D7039DAC.jpeg
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	1142219

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll be the judge of that, send me some!
      I give it a 10 on the visual!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like you're getting there. You'll have it perfected next time, I bet. That looks delicious!

Kathryn

Good sourdough...

Name:	20211214_111650.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1142341

Comment

A new dish, in a way, that I have not made in the past. I say that because it’s Asian-Italian fusion. San Francisco style Garlic Noodles with shrimp that I saw Kenji make on YouTube yesterday. So simple but so flavorful with the combo of fish sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce that’s then finished with a bit of Parmesan cheese. Also made the noodles in a skillet with just enough water to cover. Made a super-concentrated water that provided a nice creaminess to the overall dish.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E81BB23C-2CE0-4E1A-895B-44CE20C0C14C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	1142366
      Last edited by barelfly; December 14, 2021, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweeeeet!

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks and sounds great, barelfly Can you post a link to that YouTube Kenji video?
        Thanks,
        Daniel

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Here you go Dr. Pepper Daniel! https://youtu.be/wK9OHVxB_Z8

You can also use Dungeness Crab in the dish….which, you know…I just happened to run out before last night living in NM
        Last edited by barelfly; December 15, 2021, 10:28 AM.

Nothing kills a good sear like a propane tank slowly losing its fuel while you're inside checking the potatoes and opening a bottle of wine. The flat iron was still tasty AF though.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211214_185956~2_resize_54.jpg Views:	8 Size:	4.00 MB ID:	1142372
      Last edited by Attjack; December 14, 2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        smokenoob Luckily I had more propane on hand.

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        So.... Attjack ...... just how long does it take you to 'open' a bottle of wine? 🤔🍷

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Long enough for the temperature to drop significantly.

Inspired by Eric2662 I made a smoked pecan pie (here's my recipe). First smoke the nuts, but what I also did was use a really dark syrup. In Sweden we call it dark bread syrup. Not sure if the American equivalent is either treacle or molasses, but it has a dark almost roasted/burnt flavor that is amazing. Turned out fabulous!

I also (by habit) add some vanilla sugar to the whipped cream (when whipping it), it really adds a nice touch.

Name:	IMG_0192.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	1142423

Comment

• Eric2662
        Eric2662 commented
        Editing a comment
        This looks fantastic. Really nice job!!

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree that the sweet whipped cream is essential!

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Eric2662!

​ ​More sauna time Dutch cooking! Tonight we have pork belly, left over chuck, pork steak, onions, garlic spices and some fresh thyme.

Comment

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Man…it must have been so good, you ate the photos too!

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, talk about roughing it... ;-)

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Soooooo, good. Henrik barelfly

Smoked Baked Beans with leftover Pulled Pork! Smoked at 250° Uncovered for 1 1/2 hrs and covered for 1 1/2 hrs. Inspired by Malcom Reed at How To BBQ Right. Easy and delicious!
      Attached Files

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice job! That looks good. Reminds me of something I did the other day to use up some failed pork ribs. The ribs were too tough and chewy, but full of bark and flavor... I made up a batch of seasoned mayocoba beans and then stripped the meat off the bones, chopped it up, and threw it in there; then 5 minutes under pressure in the instant pot and I had a good dish. Leftovers had some rice added and folded into bean burritos. All good. New definition of "Pork and Beans".

• TWBarbecue
        TWBarbecue commented
        Editing a comment
        treesmacker Excellent idea!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Them there look like some Dayum Good, Official, Proper, stand a wooden spoon up in em kinda beans, Brother~!

Hail Yayuss!!! Lookin forward to any receipt, secrets, insight that ya might be willin to share with us mere mortals...

Locally sourced New Mexico Green Chile Bratwurst with caramelized onions and onion jam.

Click image for larger version  Name:	72EEF4F7-EDBA-4AF7-AF77-CD2A75DADD88.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.45 MB ID:	1142779

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        "New Mexico Green Chile Bratwurst"...now thats gotta be GOOD!

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        treesmacker - they were good! Green chile from NM, and the pork comes from one of the ranches that is local to the area as well. Really good stuff!

Wasa bread with brown cheese..

Name:	16396552163505823016372298567768.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1142899

Comment

• BFlynn
        BFlynn commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought that was a pop tart and I was very confused

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211215_173136.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	1142903

Beef Stew made indoors in Lodge CI Dutch Oven. A simple winter time staple.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        More dutch cooking! Looks great Skip!

today..before leave for Dallas..Italian roll flank steak,green beans,and pomegranate salsa on the weber 22 with sns
      Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here