Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working from home on this cold day. Decided it was the perfect time to smoke some cheese!
    Attached Files

Comment

Made some smash burgers last night. Mine was topped with onion rings, bbq sauce, and Grillo pickles.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1800A6E4-F3D2-400C-9B05-E7AFFA11A281.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	1140020 Click image for larger version

Name:	628F6FE7-3749-4100-9BE6-2A237DD2E5AD.jpeg
Views:	244
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1140021

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Go big or go home?

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep….definitely looks like a smash burger that you couldn’t put back down! excellent!

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh. Looks perfect

My son has a Xmas pot luck tomorrow night and asked if I’d smoke a coupla pork butts for pulled pork....hell yeah
    Two of em in the 6-8lb range with my dry rub and a coupla shakes of Hogwaller
    Cooking on FOGO lump with cherrywood chunks and a handful of maple bourbon chips
    Kegs running at 260ish right now
    not a bad day here 5C little or no breeze
    Asst cook hound Rey seems disinterested
    Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      What’s that white stuff he’s laying on ??

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      We have special marsh mellow grass up here.
      This is her favorite time of year she stays out for hours just farting around out there.
      In the summer....where's the A/C....

Rey appears above it all.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, until the tidbits come out....not interested

Ok folks, time to show y’all what I’m cooking. I recently found a new (to me) butcher and supplier of game meat. A truly awesome place, especially considering I’m raised on game meat and have skinned and butchered my fair share of rabbits and deer.

Anywho, bought a (metric) ton ;-) of meat a while back, and tonight I felt like cooking up some of the stuff I bought.

The star of the show: roe deer - boneless beef inside. It is the inside thigh. 440 grams - perfect for two.

When it comes to meat like this I just add salt. Nothing else. Front seared until it hit 122 deg F. And yes, I dry brined it before.

To match the meat I made a red wine reduction with shallots, bay leaves, thyme etc. It reduced for a little over an hour. Nothing new here, I just went with a classic.

Also, I really wanted a creamy, rich mash. So I did, adding large amounts of butter, double cream and half a cup of grated Parmesan.

I kept the accompanying salad simple, but added pomegranate seeds for texture, and more importantly, to match the acidity in the sauce.

Food for kings and queens, this was one of the best meals this year. Boom!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	85646EF5-B4B0-47A3-B111-6C2C918A8533.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	2.64 MB ID:	1140133

Click image for larger version  Name:	31BF5F1F-438F-4496-998E-D05E4E1D3B9C.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	2.58 MB ID:	1140134

EDIT: this was an easy cook, and not expensive either, so this post is a tribute to finding good ingredients more than anything.
    Last edited by Henrik; December 10, 2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• AdequateEatin
      AdequateEatin commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn that looks incredible! And don't get me wrong when I say this, your cooking brings a tear to my eye. But what is that beautiful knife?

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you AdequateEatin! It is a Vietnamese vegetable knife, carbon steel. I really like it.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      🤩🤩🤩🤩

Name:	57654B72-9C84-4955-8B1C-152545C5D33A.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1140540 Homemade pizza night. and typing with my eyes tonight!

Click image for larger version  Name:	BEF30716-86B4-485C-A369-7B5A6FFFD273.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	10.93 MB ID:	1140376
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; December 11, 2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard,
      Are you typing with your eyes in order to play with some new equipment, or are you having difficulty with your finger control now? You are putting out some amazing cooks, and that cornicione can't be created with your eyes!
      Daniel

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper , hands have been really fatigued and dexterity seems to be get much worse with fatigue. So, most of my typing as of late has been done with my eyes, both for relief and for legibility of typing. Lol

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper love the name change and about time. I still prefer RC Cola. Lol 😜
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; December 12, 2021, 08:14 PM.

Beef ribs from Sam’s Club. Black angus choice, were super delicious and moist. Used Savage Seasoning’s Buckshot rub(basically SPG) on one slab and Meat Church’s Holy Gospel on the other. I enjoyed this cook on my Summit, but am growing increasingly annoyed by burnt grease on the metal diffuser. This is my first time doing beef ribs, we don’t get those in this part of the world often, they’re usually short ribs.

Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Killer!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Come closer, daddy wants a bite !!!

Baked a rye bread today. So for dinner I made my version of the "Hot Dog Special". Feltmans hotdog, provolone and 2 slices of bacon with spicy mustard. It my version of a bar I used to frequent back in the late 70's and 80s. The cook did the hotdog special. Served on kaiser roll with similar additions. So Good with a cold $.50 cent long neck.

Name:	20211210_160712.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1140287 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211210_183001.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1140288 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211210_185541.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1140289 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211210_185559.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1140290

Comment

Chuck Roast smoked and braised tacos down at the sauna! This was a great batch! Sauna was at 200 F and the Spring was at 42 F. Great hot and cold soaks to be had last night.

Name:	IMG_4387.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1140307

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice cook. Sauna, showoff.

Final product of the two butts I smoked today. Took 7.5 hours to get the up to 203 inside temp, let them rest for two hours. My son is pulling them now.
    Stick it in the fridge overnight, into the slow cooker with the juices, bottle of bbq souse and a can of root beer tomorrow
    Attached Files

Comment

Grilled marinated Kauai shrimp.

Name:	PXL_20211211_041059997.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	1140457

Name:	PXL_20211211_041726076.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	1140458

Comment

Picked up a 3lb Duroc pork loin and wanted to try some new rubs, so I split it in half and cooked it on the MAK. The no longer available in the US rub by the member a few posts back was night and day better than the other.
        Attached Files

Comment

Grilled Chicken Thigh goodness! Addicting!
          Attached Files

Comment

That time of year again for some Smoked Chex Mix! Never lasts too long in my house!

Smoked at 250° for about an hour stirring every 15 minutes.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              NOM!!!

Peruvian-style rotisserie chicken with green ají sauce and yellow rice (from a package and doctored.)

Name:	PXL_20211211_000901272-01.jpeg
Views:	229
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	1140545 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211211_004138659-01.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1140546

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here