Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you recall, the large skirt steak was broken down and I saved the thicker center cut (if you will). Dalmatian rubbed. Grilled hot and fast, turning often. I didn’t want to tank it like I did the other pieces. Just wanted to let the meat speak for itself. Y’all, this was amazing!!! My one critique would be that I tested the doneness by feel. The marbling was so perfect, that it fooled me a bit. BUT, even the edges were like butter! Served with baker and sautéed garlic spinach.

Oh, and this is the Akaushi Wagyu from Click.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CFA69BA8-E3EE-4289-9A0B-B94D608E658B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	104.3 KB ID:	1125879
    Click image for larger version  Name:	F9DF9782-D320-4550-B62D-9F9E1C58F6B5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	140.0 KB ID:	1125880
    Last edited by SheilaAnn; November 14, 2021, 11:52 AM. Reason: Listed the brand of beef.

Comment

• BradNorthGA
      BradNorthGA commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that looks so good!

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks Amazing!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Bein a relative Novitiate, I'm truly embarassed to havedta admit, I'm not even entirely certain what's th difference between wagyu, an "Manager's Special", which is what I usually grab...

Expresso salt, candied bacon, caramel brownie for church auction.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by STEbbq; November 14, 2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Man if the exchange rate wasn't so big I would have outbid them. Shhhhewww, as a brownie fanatic I'd be all over that and a must have recipe for me please.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. No way could thatta been tasty, or anything

As If, humpfph

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      holehogg I will type up the recipe and ping you. It’s about as simple as you’d expect.

Had to repeat or police would be called....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211114_170445689.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	1125926

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Call em, yup, call em!

• BFlynn
      BFlynn commented
      Editing a comment
      Just seeing your posts make my pants not fit.

Looks great

Taco - couldn’t post a photo of the finished product because Panhead John would add it to his fail post. Oh, what the heck. It was delicious. How to make a delicious taco ugly -

Name:	615A103A-78D7-41E7-8BC0-EDF632ECA1AC.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1125956 Click image for larger version

Name:	5841EBB6-7A8A-495F-86E3-1D7D24156A17.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1125955

Comment

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      "HARD to make a make a delicious taco ugly." - fixed it for ya 😁👍🏻

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll stand in line for that "ugly" anyday.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Little Known fact: We only eat with our eyes, until our taste buds become involved...then? All Bets Are Off... Sez I.

Furthermore, them there tacos are lookin Slammin, to me! WTG Ted!!!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 15, 2021, 01:52 AM.

So, I've never been a huge pork tenderloin fan. Sure, it's juicy and tender (as long as not overcooked), but I've always found it boring. Whenever I would remark on this, at least three people on here would say "try Bahn mi!"

So I did. Wow. This is it. I don't think I am going to make pork tenderloin any other way again.

The marinade was very simple, equal parts fish sauce, rice vinegar, and hoisin sauce. I marinated for 24 hours.

I chose my Weber Kettle as I wanted to sear the tenderloin, then have it finish on the indirect side. Love my SnS for these types of cooks. Also, as an aside, I am so much more relaxed with cooking now. A few years ago I would fret about the exact amount of coals, the exact vent settings, and the exact temp. For this cook, I just used 3/4 of a standard chimney and set the vents to half open. I didn't even use a grill thermometer. This isn't baking; this is grilling.

Here we are searing....

Name:	IMG-5126.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1126010

Then finishing indirect (some cherrywood thrown in as well) until 143 F.

Name:	IMG-5128.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1126013

Love that.

Name:	IMG-5130.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1126008

Mmmm....

Name:	IMG-5131.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1126009

I picked up some made-that-day sub rolls from the grocery store. Using a trick from Sam the Cooking Guy, I brushed them with an egg wash (white only) and then sprinkled on some corn meal. Five minutes at 350 F in the oven.
    ​
    I think I nailed the doneness. (Bottom bun is coated in mayo; top bun in hoisin sauce.)

Name:	IMG-5132.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1126011

I had quick pickled some carrots and jalapenos. Basically, a bit of salt and cover with rice vinegar. They probably soaked for 45 minutes.

Name:	IMG-5133.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	1126012

This was soooo tasty!

Name:	IMG-5134.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	1126014

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      It would stand up for a bit.....That fish sauce does add a little something to it, to be sure. But it would be like any lean mean....roast beef, turkey beast....you need "a something else" with it.

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh boy.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Poor boy looking good. New if they are pickled Jalapenos . . .

2 1/2 lb prime tri-tip frpm Wild Fork Foods with a side of Rancho Gordo Eye of the Goat beans - cooked using the recipe fzxdoc posted awhile back: Rajma (Northern India-style) Beans: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...760#post769760

On the PK-O for some color

Click image for larger version  Name:	tritip1_11-14-21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.35 MB ID:	1126028

Moved to the kamado to finish. Here it is resting:

Click image for larger version  Name:	tritip2_11-14-21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.08 MB ID:	1126027

On the plate

Click image for larger version  Name:	tritip4_11-14-21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.69 MB ID:	1126026

Comment

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, please!

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Uh, could I have one or two more slices please?

Oxtails...Hickory Smoked for 2.5 hours then braised until tender. Got Oxtails on sale for $5.99 lb.

Name:	IMG_6271.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	1126134

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      I also love oxtail. My mom made oxtail stew when I was a kid because it was cheap. Nor so much any more. Big fam, small financials. It was so, so good. Now I need to make it.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Oxtails and butter beans, Oh so good.
      $6 lbs ouch.

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      bbqLuv In the Chicago area oxtails have been running anywhere from $11.99 to $15.99 lb. $5.99 was a deal.

Wasn’t sure where to post this, so here it is. A lot of goodness. 7 oz of homemade Chipotle. Grew the jalapeños, ripened in the sun. Smoked over pecan pellets. Click image for larger version

Name:	7439A8C0-1561-4F51-8D19-32F95227558D.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	1126143

Comment

Venison barbacoa
      Attached Files

Comment

• Caffeine88
        Caffeine88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Man. That looks great! The venison should be a great flavor in there.

• Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfectly dressed taco, perfectly dressed....

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        NOW we’re talkin! 👍

Snowy day in wisconsin brought me to an all day chuck, bottle of Zinfandel poured in, beef bone broth, onions, potatoes, & carrots.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0C51394D-FC0F-4A5F-94FC-42CCC654B262.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	650.8 KB ID:	1126170
      Click image for larger version  Name:	7B7CC640-D522-418A-9E74-FA36C62B754C.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	469.2 KB ID:	1126169
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; November 14, 2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel comfortable looking at that!

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        (Enter name of red wine) braised beef is the best. Maybe not a Pinot noir or Beaujolais, but ya know what I mean! Looks so comforting!

And it was in the mid 80’s here today. Dang, I miss the Midwest sometimes.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Umm, zackly Where was th bottle of Zinfandel poured in, Richard? Yer receipt, or yerself? Mebbe fitty-fitty? LOL Brother

Food looks Fantastic!

Lamb Rogan Josh from a recipe by Madhur Jaffrey. Came out delicious.

Name:	PXL_20211115_005118807-01.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	1126189 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211115_005601006-01.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	1126190

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Dewesq55 are we not supposed to eat this way? I do it all the time with good Indian and naan. Mint chutney sauce is a must especially with lots of cilantro.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        STEbbq - Of course we are! That's why I said I do it. 😁

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great!!

Flank steak stir fry topped with ginger scallion sauce. The stir fry itself wasn't all that great, but the ginger scallion my wife made was amazing.

Name:	20211114_203433.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	1126194

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, it looks great

• BradNorthGA
        BradNorthGA commented
        Editing a comment
        I missed this post yesterday, glad I scrolled through again and saw this. Looks great. Ginger is a favorite flavor around here

Click Akaushi Tri-Tip rubbed with Santa Maria Rub cooked on BGE reverse seared. Was so tender and buttery.

Name:	IMG_2571.jpeg
Views:	275
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	1126200

Name:	IMG_2572.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	1126201

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Gosh that's pretty! 😋😮

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Old Glory this Akaushi stuff is dang near marbled perfection. Great looking tri-tip!

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh boy.

Pork Tenderloin Garlic Ginger Stir Fry

Name:	IMG_2578.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	1126206

Name:	IMG_2582.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	1126205

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn, that looks good.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Plate of NOM!!!!

Once again I am making SVQ pork loin with the Clint Cantwell recipe here on AR. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've done it this year. It's good, practically foolproof, and makes enough food for my wife & I to eat on for a week. Pork loin ain't terribly expensive either.

As has become a ritual around here, as soon as the pork loin was ready I cut it into slices & made some Cuban sandwiches with it

Attached Files

Comment

• Caffeine88
        Caffeine88 commented
        Editing a comment
        I still haven't tried anything SVQ. You are making me think hard about changing that. Looks awesome.

• BradNorthGA
        BradNorthGA commented
        Editing a comment
        Caffeine88 SVQ reverse sear ribeye is unbeatable

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Cubanos! Yum!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here