Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did some lamb burgers tonight. I didn’t take any pics. But hey. It’s a burger. Not much to see.

I am posting because I had never had one before. Wifey saw them made on the Valerie Bertanelli food network show and wanted me to make them.

Ground lamb from Wild Fork Foods; homemade tzekie sauce; (I know I butchered that spelling) homemade greek salsa with onion, tomato, and feta; and a homemade spice mix folded into the meat. Turned out awesome. Sorry for the absence of pics.

Anyway, the recipe is available online. Worth a try. We loved it.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Love, love love lamb burgers!

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah.. we'll tuck them into a pitta with all them fixings....yum!

A few of my 45 day dry aged ribeyes, beet and goat cheese salad and baked potato. Really good ribeye tonight, was happy with how it turned out, both with texture and temp. Went 2:15 with the hot tub at 125* then finished in the CI on the grill. Used a coffee rub as the seasoning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	70602B97-B80B-494B-AF8C-05F51FD42D8D.jpeg
Views:	295
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	1117592

Name:	7312BEAD-AAD1-4B2A-9975-32541CFB06E7.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	1117591

Name:	E536E8B1-5E12-424F-88C9-199A11B8E101.jpeg
Views:	293
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	1117590

Name:	21730131-FC0E-4F01-9A0F-7DC113F3E18C.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	1117589

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful plate of food!

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks really good!

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's gorgeous, even if ya had to use a beet to do it... 😁
      Coffee as a steak rub is pretty fantastic - really well done.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BE66D41F-2656-4D6C-817D-B94CE30E310C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.31 MB ID:	1117595
    Hot damn. All this talk about Traeger pellets and pellet smokers made me try something I have never tried before, a cheeseburger done on my pellet smoker. I couldn’t believe there was a smoke ring on that. This was a grocery store made patty done on my Grilla Silverbac Smoker done at 225. I was going to do it for an hour but due to a previous engagement of my daughter’s Halloween party at a friends house it probably was on the smoker for 85 minutes. I did the three other burgers on the gasser for the family, which was awesome. I tried them and the fam ate the rest. I am a medium rare kind of guy myself and while their burgers turned out perfectly, I thought mine was a little overdone. However I thought it was actually fantastic. I used bear mountain bourbon flavored pellets. The bun was a cheap Kroger bun. I usually use brioche buns or something that costs more the $1.99.
    Last edited by radiodome21; October 30, 2021, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting..
      Looks really good indeed

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly I prefer the cheap Ballpark brand style buns to anything else

Name:	53670292-0830-4B93-BAD0-B4F7D7205AC9.jpeg
Views:	297
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1117599

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Y U M

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I am down for anything pork belly.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker - NEVER use hot dog buns just because you are too lazy to go to the store like me. While it photographed well, it fell apart in my hands. I repeated with proper bread last night! Hahahaha
      Last edited by tbob4; November 1, 2021, 05:11 PM.

SV-Q beef sirloin.. grilled veggies and potatoes on the side.. topped with whiskypepper sauce.

Name:	20211030_193607~2.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1117648 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211030_194552~2.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1117649

Comment

Super busy weekend. Was able to squeeze in a breakfast cook. Whipped up some fresh biscuits and did bacon egg and cheese biscuits on the flat top
      Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes please!

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        What ⬆️ said!

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Yummy

Skip is coming to help hand out candy to trick or treaters, so I made an autumn apple cheesecake to eat tonight.

Name:	Autumn Apple Cheesecake.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	1117693

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Yum! Are those all apples on top?

• skipsdaughter
        skipsdaughter commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes - apples on top. And Skip ate it (and I think enjoyed it). Phew!

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        I did eat and enjoyed it and it was VERY GOOD!

Last night for the World Series at the local brewery. TripleB 's Thai chicken and my version of Kent Rollin's Hopalong Hominy.

Name:	IMG_20211030_200219~2.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1117700

Comment

Chicken Adobo and garlic rice:

Name:	IMG_5867.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	397.8 KB
ID:	1117821

Really need to make this more often.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey...Its almost winter here in most of the land. Could you do us a favor and leave the bare footed flipflops out of the pictures....please?

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        On point @HawkerXP
        Looks good with or without flipflops..

Felt like some tailgate/sports bar fare. Too much wind for the WSCG and Vortex, so threw them on the MAK. It did really well, actually much better than I expected and I wasn’t watching close enough and got a lot more char than desired, still tasted pretty good. The chili cheese fries were bomb though.
      Attached Files

Comment

Prime NY strip steak from Costco. Went to front sear, from fridge after dry brine.
        used the firebox of the KBQ, but didn't have enough lump charcoal for a quick sear. So, I added some small pieces of branches, but by the time I got the sear I wanted, it produced the grey band you see.

In 220o oven until IT 135. (That only took 10 minutes.) Was still delicious, probably because it was prime.
        Accompanied by some of our end of season roasted peppers, and Yam fries, using the method of boil for 10 minutes, spread on rack to dry for 5 min, then EVOO and salt on pans in 430 oven.

Name:	IMG_9353.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	1117910 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9355.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	1117911

Name:	IMG_9356.jpeg
Views:	272
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	1117913 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9357.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	1117914 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9358.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	1117912

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude. I have come to the feeling that a little bit of grey band is no big deal. Heck. We’re making dinner. We’re not in a competition. That looked delicious. I would eat that any day in complete bliss.

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks perfect! And love the addition of the fresh roasted chile!

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Pee Wee Rouk And, another example of use of the KBQ for searing.

Made some pizzas on the Big Green Egg today. One pizza was sausage and bacon with feta and mozzarella. The other one was a special request from my wife. She wanted instead of sauce some garlic infused olive oil as the base of the pizza, then mozzarella with lavender as a topping

To be honest, I was quite skeptical of the one she wanted me to make, I didn't think it sounded very good. Gotta say that I was proven wrong, after eating the one piece I grabbed it to try it I went back for more, it was pretty good actually

Got some leftover slices for the world series tonight as well which is nice
        Attached Files

Comment

• BradNorthGA
          BradNorthGA commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't realize this until after posting, but the photo of the lavender pizza is when it was still cooking on the stone. You can see me poking holes in developing bubbles

Wife took the photos as usual

• Caffeine88
          Caffeine88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Those look really great.

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Your wife has good taste! White pizzas are delicious.

Chicken Parmesan, ran the red sauce for 8 hours today, also ran a little smoke on the chicken first.

Click image for larger version  Name:	228B5436-2B2C-43E0-ACAF-8ECAC7C9E206.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	443.8 KB ID:	1117957
        Click image for larger version  Name:	A2F3730B-2EB5-4372-A1F7-E5495200C02F.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	564.3 KB ID:	1117958
        Click image for larger version  Name:	8DF15123-2BA2-4FE6-B1F8-C2052684086C.jpeg Views:	25 Size:	748.5 KB ID:	1117959
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; October 31, 2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Man. As usual, awesome . I thinking you need a renter. Me. I am right. Right? 🤣😂

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          Jfrosty27, how are you at laundry, cooking, dishes, and general house cleaning? 😜😂

Name:	PBC-SC-styleRibs1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1119764 Click image for larger version

Name:	PBC-SC-styleRibs2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1119765 Click image for larger version

Name:	PBC-SC-styleRibs3.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1119766
        My sister moved to South Carolina and stopped by for a quick visit last week. She dropped off some South Carolina-style Mustard based BBQ Sauce. Gave it a try on a rack of ribs today. Not bad. Not bad at all.
        ​ ​ ​
        Last edited by MarkN; November 4, 2021, 10:10 AM. Reason: For some reason, it looked like my pics didn't show up. Tried again now.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          I love it on certain things. Expl: Smoked Bologna sammies. Oh my so good. I get from a local bbq store.

Was cooking for a bunch of people and schedule didn’t fit a regular smoke so tried sous vide que and thrilled with the results. This was 1/2 - second batch more of the same not pictured
        Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here