Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enchiladas Suizas a la Rick Bayless: https://youtu.be/76bJglYQhqw

I used shredded beef rib from Louie Mueller BBQ plus a slice of brisket and brisket beans from Brett's Backyard BBQ. Fresh corn and flour blend tortillas from HEB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	suizas.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1116119

Comment

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      There's nothing like using high-end ingredients in your cooking. I'm sure those enchiladas were epic and brought back memories of a fun weekend.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Bet they were delish David. Love following Bayless cooks.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks great!

Ribeye anyone?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in!

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd eat just about any hunk o' beef cooked that well.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would take one!

A simple lunch - grilled cheese on my homemade Japanese milk bread. I will do this again, and I don't know why I didn't think of it before...

Name:	20211027_123945[1].jpg
Views:	401
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1116250

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB how far did the cheese stretch? The mark of an epic grilled cheese!

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry SheilaAnn - I wuz eatin' my food not playin' with it. At no time did I try to stretch the melted cheese...

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Look at the marbling!! Its like the wagyu of bread!

Clearly, I've been on a stir-fry kick lately.

Here is today's lunch....start to finish, perhaps 10 minutes. This one is meatless and used up my broccoli and mushrooms. I tried something different: as it takes a while to get broccoli cooked in a pan. I steamed the broccoli in the microwave (90 seconds and it is perfect) while the mushrooms browned in avocado oil in the pan. Once the noodles were done, I added the broccoli in, some chiles de arbol, and three minced cloves of garlic. Once the garlic was fragrant, in went the noodles and stir-fry sauce.

Mix, top with some crushed red pepper flakes and sesame seeds and done!

I am really into these egg noodles. They come pre-portioned and you just plop them into boiling water for 2-3 minutes and they really soak up the sauce!

Name:	IMG-5081.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1116260

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Which brand of noodles? Photo of package? Please 🙏🏼

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper Haha. I was just googling them. I haven't used noodles in stir-fry but that clearly needs to change.

Chilli season

Name:	PXL_20211027_181337054.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	1116313

Comment

• Dtax
      Dtax commented
      Editing a comment
      You even make Ritz look sophisticated, great job!

Which brand of noodles? Photo of package?

Hereis the one available at my local store. I am sure there are similar ones available elsewhere. You can see the individual servings are coiled up and there are nine per package. Each one will fit easily into the palm of your hand. You cook until they unravel.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 2.24.39 PM.png
Views:	282
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	1116325

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      ¡Muchas gracias! I just looked up the nutrition label, and these are not fried. Nice. The fried noodles add about 300 calories to each serving (which some of us don't need during Covid times.)
      Last edited by Dr. Pepper; October 27, 2021, 02:07 PM.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to go to a local Asian food store to get frozen noodles. They also come in a 16 oz package, but it's one large lump. I cut it into thirds and use two thirds for one meal for the two of us. I freeze the other third for next time. I like the way yours are packaged better.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      All I had to do was scroll thanks!

Fired up my Yoder for a fun cook.

Trim off the silver skin, and butterflied, seasoned with our own Memphis Dust.

Name:	IMG_1240.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1116391

Softened cream cheese, and Jalapeno blended.

Name:	IMG_1241.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1116392

Tied and resting in my Fridge

Name:	IMG_1242.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1116393

Now, let my Yoder do it's Magic

Name:	IMG_1244.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	1116394

Sliced, and YES, that's a smoke ring from a pellet smoker.

Name:	IMG_1251.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	1116395

Comment

Burger night

Name:	82D4036F-C2DE-441E-B61D-1842754B2C07.jpeg
Views:	289
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1116399

Comment

So I recently procured a 15 lb prime brisket. Decided in my head I was going to separate the point from the flat and turn the flat into pastrami and save the point for a later date. Being in NY, where we don’t have access to whole packers, I’m fairly noob coming to trimming/separating it. I would up with around a 6 lb flat, 4 lb point and another ~1 lb piece of flat. The big flat is currently being corned and will be ready maybe Sunday or early next week and the point was vac sealed and is in the freezer for a later date.

That left me with the minuscule flat piece. Being I had the SV going for something else, decided to SVQ it. 24 hrs at 155, followed by and overnight chill and a smoke for about 2 hrs at 225. Turned out pretty damn good for a small little flat. Nice smoke flavor and bark (and nice smoke ring). Also threw some russets onto the smoker. Didn’t pick up much smoke flavor, so likely won’t bother doing that next time.

Name:	334A0316-DF31-479D-9E23-17ECBB70F56B.jpeg
Views:	346
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	1116428

Comment

Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice soup. Piece of sour dough toast on the side

Name:	Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	1116430

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks great.

Not my best work. For whatever reason my MAK was refusing to get below 200 (pretty sure it's because I used foil on the bottom grate), but I figured these NY strips would get to 115ish in less than an hour... they didn't, after 1.5 hours they were at 103 (pretty sure because of the foil). Anyway, even with constant flipping until 125 IT they weren't edge to edge pink like my usual reverse sear attempts.

Still really good though, just won't use foil again like this, and stick to the flame zone covers I usually roll with..

Name:	20211027_172647.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	1116518

Name:	20211027_190436.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1116517

Name:	20211027_193846.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	1116520

Name:	20211027_194703.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	1116519

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          BTW my hypothesis about the foil is that it was acting as a radiant barrier to the meat AND redirecting all the heat at the thermocouple. As soon as I removed the foil the temp dropped to 180 before I set the MAK to grill mode. And if it was 180 or less where the meat was, that jives with the reverse part of the cook taking twice what was expected vs the 225-200 reading I was getting with the foil. IF I do this again, I'll throw the on grate probe on the fireboard to confirm this hypothesis.

First time doing the brontosaurus rib. Turned it into a fried quinoa dish with chipotle Mayo for weeknight meal.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          My favorite thing too smoke these days! Tough to beat. Great looking cook.

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty darn good!

Lunch:

Name:	PXL_20211028_181359182-01.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	1116620

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I like it, what is it?

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          ofelles - It's split pea soup with ham, Orion

Had Steak night the other night. Big ol' 32 OZ ribeye, a little skirt in there and some broccoli bake. I could eat this meal every day. One meal a day these days, so I make sure I am getting all I need.

Name:	Steak night.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1116627

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I steam the broccoli on the stove. Then throw it into a hot skillet to get everything to melt together. Then slide the skillet into the oven at 450 F with convection on. Wait about ten mins or when the cheese is melted and browned to your liking! This is one of my favorite high fat, low carb meals. I eat it all the time. Andrrr

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker I knew that’s what you were in to which is why I asked. Thanks much

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          You bet, you will love it, if you are into that game as well. Andrrr

Clean up the refrigerator omelette

Name:	PXL_20211028_001041219.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	1116649

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m afraid most of us are in that boat with you.

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly what I was thinking!

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the power of pinesol baby!!! LOL

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here