Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast for dinner. Using up some pulled pork I made the other day. Add some eggs and Ciabatta toast
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork & Eggs.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	1104168

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      that's the stuff that makes my mouth happy!

Pork belly burnt ends. This is the first time I have made them. Won't be the last

Name:	20211002_203850.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	1104174

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John your invite must have been lost in the mail... wait, it is on the table under the other plate! Dang man I am sorry.

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      I can attest to the addiction.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      They look fantastic!

Simon and Garfunkel Chicken and a couple of Piri Piri Chickens, served up with homemade Alabama BBQ sauce (per Meathead’s recipe) and Piri Piri sauce (per Steve Raichlen) on the KBQ. Came out delicious and tender! As always, some improvements can be made… but I’ll save those for the KBQ thread Click image for larger version

Name:	2852E6F7-AEC9-4BE3-982D-B6DC48681C47.jpeg
Views:	340
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	1104220 Click image for larger version

Name:	B419F2BE-C974-43DF-B301-FFF5CC517638.jpeg
Views:	294
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	1104221

Comment

Lasagna Tonight: Home Ground Chicken Sausage, Zucchini Noodles, Three Cheeses, Homemade Sauce..Oh Yeah!!

Name:	IMG_6226.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1104226 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6224.JPG
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	1104228 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6225.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	1104227

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        I hoped you cleaned the oven before Mrs. troy came and saw the overflow mess!

It does look really, really good!

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        I put a sheet pan underneath in anticipation. No mess at all.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Man I love me some lasagna but I havenmade any in ages. Got to get up off my lazy but. That looks fantastic

BradNorthGA Can you include a Brussel sprouts scratch & sniff in future posts? For me & Panhead John ?

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        Some people are sicker than others!

• BradNorthGA
        BradNorthGA commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a team of scientists working around the clock trying to develop the technology. It ain't going very well so far though, they just keep eating the brussel sprouts

So, I tried to make bacon wrapped meatloaf. I thought I’d taken a pre cook photo, but getting ready to post this found I hadn’t. I walked back into the house after putting it on the MAK and there’s the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce I measured out still sitting on the counter. I didn’t peak it enough and the bacon shrunk and a lot of grease stayed on top. I tried cooking it on a cookie sheet with a rack (which I’ve never done for meatloaf before) and the top side bacon burnt and the bottom was still soggy. So, sliced it up, cut the bacon off the bottom and it was the best tasting meatloaf I’ve made yet. Next time the ketchup is staying out, but I think the Worcestershire is going in…if I remember.
      Attached Files

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        If you ask me, ketchuo's role as an ingredient is adding sweetness and it helps bind ingredients together. If you do not want to add sweetness, skip it but make sure the food can hold its shape.

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife also generally avoids sweet foods (chocolate, desserts etc) so I give some extra thought to sugary ingredients more now. Generally, I have found reducing or eliminating them has worked well.

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs I might have to try panko sometime. We don’t notice the oats at all, just a different taste and texture than breadcrumbs. I soak the oats in the milk while prepping rest of ingredients. I usually don’t bacon wrap and use a loaf pan, so might have to try the freezer thing. I just had half a package of bacon that needed used, so wasn’t enough for a weave either.

The cook of all cooks….you can’t beat it!

Name:	6C76390A-D6FD-4CB4-A730-7253A327D799.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1104251

PBJ during my 62 mile backcountry bike ride. Yep….nothing better!

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        tbob4 I assume we should start a new thread, or as they say 'Get a room!' One of my rotator cuff repairs was with a block. I hated the numb arm. With the current LMA (laryngeal mask airway) and profofol, I just put my arm out & say 'Give it to me, and see you on the other side.'

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Dr. Pepper and tbob4, go get a room, preferably in geriatrics room… 😜

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Richard Chrz - will do, as long as you cook for me!

You all turned me on to Tri-tip a while back, and today we added pinquito beans. Winner!

I dry brined the tri-tip with kosher salt for a couple hours and then rubbed down with black pepper, garlic powder and sweet-spicy paprika. I did a reverse sear approach with the ole Weber kettle, shifting to direct sear at 114F and pulling it at 132F. We topped it with Meathead's board sauce after a short rest.

The pinquito's are @Golfgeezer's recipe. Very highly recommended!

My wife invented the baked chili relleno, and she made the rolls. We topped it off with a delightful cabernet sauvignon.

It was the best meal I've had in a while!

Name:	20211002_205751.jpg
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	1104258

Name:	20211002_205102.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1104255 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211002_233301.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	1104256 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211002_212127.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	1104257 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211002_205209.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1104254

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect. Just perfect.

Kathryn

• Caffeine88
        Caffeine88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the kind comments!

SheilaAnn and Dr. Pepper - Lisa was doing a test run on a couple of versions of the baked chile rellenos. We've got a crowd of 20 coming in a couple weeks, and wanted a way to make them that didn't involve frying so much at once. Both versions were really good, but she's going to combine what we liked about both into one recipe. I'll post it when she's got it nailed and documented.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome!

Well, ok…maybe there is something better. So, how about some paella with a bourbon and a view!

Click image for larger version  Name:	723BFC64-8FBD-4256-9F15-B6BB923FD608.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.76 MB ID:	1104260
      Last edited by barelfly; October 2, 2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Joey877
        Joey877 commented
        Editing a comment
        barelfly I just received a paella pan as a gift and would be very interested in your recipe (if you don't mind). Thank you, sir!

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Caffeine88

Joey877

Here is the step by step I posted on the site, with photos. If you have questions, just let me know. Happy to help!

One of my all-time favorite dishes to prepare and eat is paella. Over time, I have combined various recipes I've read and dialed in the technique I use that brings great results. Everyone seems to enjoy this dish when I make it, so I thought I would share my take on paella with the group, as I've been asked over time. This is
        Last edited by barelfly; October 4, 2021, 10:46 AM.

• Caffeine88
        Caffeine88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bookmarked. Wow - that looks really amazing.

I've had paella but once, and it was in France near the Swiss border. To be honest, I was pretty underwhelmed with the lack of layered flavors and dry rice. Perhaps I should have gone with the rosti, instead! Anyway, you've inspired me to give it a shot. I love the idea of cooking the whole thing on the grill while enjoying a nice beverage outside

Used the last of our bell peppers in the potatoes this morning

Name:	IMG_4738.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1104351

Paired it with one egg and an English muffin with blackberry jam

Name:	IMG_4739.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	1104350

All served on the 'paper plate' of dinnerware.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        A good breakfast to start your day!

Now get out there......the chickens beaks need trimming.
        Last edited by HawkerXP; October 3, 2021, 08:11 AM.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Breakfast of champions

Friday was a home office day, and beautiful weather in Central Massachusetts, so I did some pulled pork. I underestimated the cooking time since it was only 6 pounds and had to increase the heat the last hour. Didn't have time to let it rest very long after the cook since it was already 8pm. It still came out great though.
      Attached Files

Comment

Brisket finished last night. Cut up 3 lbs this morning from the point side, and chili has begun simmering for game day!

Name:	BD83B194-CA7A-4A1B-AC16-A31F4F3D7313.jpeg
Views:	232
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	1104411

Click image for larger version  Name:	10C9E4EC-C806-4D4B-81B3-ED054FCD8941.jpeg Views:	13 Size:	688.1 KB ID:	1104391
        Click image for larger version  Name:	F6CAA326-2F95-4FA8-B214-D6AA6A69F01E.jpeg Views:	13 Size:	428.6 KB ID:	1104390
        Click image for larger version  Name:	3B5FC4CC-469C-45F2-BF71-97D1CAE64B9C.jpeg Views:	13 Size:	3.12 MB ID:	1104392
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; October 3, 2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          Dr. Pepper, all on my 22 wsm., today the slow cooking for chili will be on my stove top.
          Last edited by Richard Chrz; October 3, 2021, 05:01 PM.

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I quoted you yesterday while at COSTCO. Nice packers, all in a row. I told Lisa I wanted one for Chili. She said "No". We have too much stuff in the freezer right now. A guy behind me convinced his wife that he should get one. I started to say "but..." while looking at him. I got the look and knew it was time to shut up.

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          tbob4 Ha! It’s best to let them have some wins at times, save it for when it matters. Now I must apologize, my wife likely picked this up on her own. She has too gotten really good at selecting meat at Sam’s club,and will occasionally send a photo from the meat department.

Save your pleading for the TV!
          Last edited by Richard Chrz; October 3, 2021, 11:01 AM.

It's been a while since I spun kebabs. Lime-cilantro kebabs with rice confit tomatoes and garlic.

Name:	20211002_183533~2_resize_95.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	406.6 KB
ID:	1104405

Name:	20211002_184210~2_resize_98.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	407.7 KB
ID:	1104404

Name:	20211002_184324~2_resize_37.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	1104403

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Superb looking Sosaties Sir.

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is beautiful

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm glad ya did, too, Brother~

Food looks Delicious, thanks fer sharin!

Name:	F5306EF5-14A0-4E9F-88EC-54E3BE77A005.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	1104410

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          That, right there, is gettin' er done !!!!

• Caffeine88
          Caffeine88 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is outstanding! Steak and eggs to perfection.

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow!!

Since I got my new griddle for the kettle this will be my second stir fry on it. Trying to catch up on what I’ve been missing out on. Did a simple little beef and vegetable stir fry. I usually prefer sirloin or ribeye for this but decided to go with a NY Strip. Vegetables were onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms and jalapeños. Turned out pretty darn good and served with rice and garlic bread.

Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          BradNorthGA B.S. Man, Git ya one…you’ll love it!

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey BradNorthGA
          Check this out!

Cast Iron Dual Side (Flat or Ridge) Plancha Griddles from Big Green Eggs. Are you a fan of blacken steaks, smash burgers or roasted veggies. The Plancha Griddle provides the flat surface to grill with high heat. Same great affects as a cast iron grid but with a full grilling surface. Flat or ridge side, your choice.
          Last edited by Panhead John; October 3, 2021, 04:24 PM.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          IMCE, (fer whatever that's worth)...

Life's jus too dang danged short, an Precious, to Not have yerself some kinda griddle, a'ight???

Jus Sayin
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 3, 2021, 07:14 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here