Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday night supper for us was reverse seared pork chops. Topped with some caramelized onions, ate them alongside some avocados and a baguette from the Kroger bakery
    Attached Files

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks great! 🤤

My wife used my homemade bacon "ends" for lardons for corn chowder. It's gotten a little chilly here but the last of the summer corn is still available so it was a great application. She also made tomato and shallot focaccia.

Click image for larger version

Name:	600257D1-6212-415A-B0C9-19FD49B76B5B.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	1103762 Click image for larger version

Name:	54D4F3D0-1DCC-4D5E-A15B-DB1A29CB89F4.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1103763

Comment

• RustyHaines
      RustyHaines commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks unbelievably good. You may want to bow at her feet or otherwise express lots of appreciation to your spouse :-)

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Both the soup and the focaccia look wonderful!

Welcoming Fall with some Smoked Chili and Cornbread! Had to throw in a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie for dessert!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TWBarbecue; October 2, 2021, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Brunch time...

Name:	PXL_20211002_151410933.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	1103857

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m a step behind. I’m doing stir fry on the Blackstone tonight. I was thinking of your post last week when I was in COSTCO today.

I have my vertical pit up and running...I made queso..grilled salsa..with pineapple..and a tomatoe salsa..and pork el pastour
      Attached Files

Comment

• grillinglousiana
        grillinglousiana commented
        Editing a comment
        it really came out fine...having the neighbors over to taste it..cooks faster that I thought it would..used fogo black bad lump.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks fantastic. Wanted to see a photos of it at work. Thanks!

• grillinglousiana
        grillinglousiana commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried to post a video of it turning...really cooked fast

Smoked Duroc pork chops. Wet brined for about 4 hours, then liberally applied Hank’s KC Royale (thanks @Henrik). Had the Hasty-Bake at about 250F, took 40 minutes to get to 145. Then seared them on grill grates to finish.

Side note: Got the new iPhone 13 Pro and the cameras are pretty spectacular for a phone.

Name:	E0647F8A-333C-44ED-BC44-2AF219B1082C.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	1103891

Name:	EF29F030-1E74-445F-B230-9C46B4FA0FA2.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	1103889

Name:	47B49CBC-0A33-430B-9519-1BA833848421.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	1103890

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Dr. Pepper I had the iPhone 11 Pro. I was considering buying a camera for food photography. I got the iPhone 13 Pro and am no reconsidering whether I need a camera yet.These three pictures are taken with the 13. I haven’t done any touching up at all.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it’s the cook, not the camera. I could use a Polaroid and those would look beautiful

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh geez, thanks tbob4.

French onion soup as we watch college football today.

Name:	IMG_20211002_115117.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1103896

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m getting hungry now.

Yellow thai curry with chicken, potatoes, home grown thai peppers, and garnished with mint and green onions.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Curry is Comfort!!!

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah it was rainy and downcast today so it was delicious with just the right amount of heat. I love using little baby potatoes.
        Last edited by STEbbq; October 2, 2021, 04:15 PM.

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful. Appetizing.

Another episode of chopped LOL, where to take this?

Name:	PXL_20211002_184029875.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	1104001 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211002_185624569.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	1104002 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211002_204430909.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	1104003

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Whew. Just beat the Ernest post. 🤣

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spectacular

Game day wings.

Name:	0438BA16-06EF-401B-915E-A9950D0E016C.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	1104014

Name:	7530D028-F12F-4CC0-B517-67F5D4ADA576.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	1104013

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahahahahaha….I go from Ernest to you! Could anything get better? I was in the supermarket checkout line today and the winter fall recipe magazines were on display. They have nothing on you two!
        Last edited by tbob4; October 2, 2021, 11:08 PM.

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did some Vortex wings tonight. They were tasty but didn’t look anywhere near as good as yours. I forgot to take pics too. (Sigh).

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        tbob4 anytime my name is mentioned in the company of Ernest, I’m extremely humbled

Game day pulled pork! Joined Sams club yesterday and picked up a 7.5 lb butt for $1.58/lb. Very happy with Sam’s butt…..wait, did I say that? Normally butts that size take my pellet pooper 16+ hours, this one finished in 13 hours. Then put it in the oven covered at 180° for 6 hours, came out great!
      Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        You made me laugh! Thanks.

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        HAHAHAHA!!!!!

So I have a couple chuckies in the freezer, decided to qvq a small one. Dry brined overnight, used a beef rub I am not at liberty to share and put it on the Chimp for a couple of hours. Took it off at IT of about 120, into the bath at 155. Meant to go about 30 hours, but since my planning was terrible - I put it in in the sv at 7pm - it ended up going ~36 hours. Fridge for a few days, then back on the Chimp and pulled at 130 IT. Results were tasty but a little dry. I think the extra 12 hours at that temp was detrimental. I usually don't go over 30 hours. Anyway, results:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20211001_174253_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.15 MB ID:	1104063

Comment

Burnt ends for the next course.

Name:	2F7B45C7-4934-4E92-9BF0-B9D3370ED158.jpeg
Views:	244
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	1104069

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice Richard. I have some pork belly ends going right now. First time I have made them.

1. Pork Belly Burnt Ends Finished in butter and Sweet Baby Rays low carb no sugar BBQ sauce
        2. Beef Back Ribs or Beef Spare ribs first ever try with these
        3. Tri Tip
        4. PORK Ribs
        5. Sirloin Tip
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice work! Is all that for tonight?

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          Your hungry? Nice cooks.

• Macktechie
          Macktechie commented
          Editing a comment
          Will work on during early part of the week and zip up to freeze for left overs.

SVQ Ribeye Saturday night. Pecan wood for the smoke, a bit of Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub on top, along with some compound butter

Served with "Panhead John Style Brussel Sprouts," named after noted brussel sprout enthusiast Panhead John
        Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          As much as I like the looks of your steak Brad, it’s those darn tasty looking Brussel sprouts that I really admire. And nothing smells better than those tasty morsels just cooking away! 🤮

• BradNorthGA
          BradNorthGA commented
          Editing a comment
          @Panhead John

I will keep posting the brussel sprout pictures just for you my friend!

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          You are now my best friend Brad.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here