Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

It's that time again. Time to bring out the long sleeves and put away the shorts. And time for a brand new seasonal edition of SUWYC!

Welcome to Volume 23 - Fall 2021!

Thank you I can partake again. Looking forward to it 😊

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Spring for you right?

Started off Fall 2021 with cubed potato and garlic

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4712.jpg
Views:	1883
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1098505

And one egg

Name:	IMG_4713.jpg
Views:	1841
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	1098506

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the comal pan in the second photo.

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good! We get double yolks a lot with our chickens we have. Many times, the yolks tend to be on the smaller side, but we do get quite a few eggs that seem to have full size yolks as double. I think once we got triple yolk!

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't eat anything looking at me.

I did Another steak from carrot finished beef. This time a New York strip.

I Dry brined the NY strip in salt for 48 hours uncovered in the refrigerator, then I put it in a sous vide bath for 2 hours. After the sous vide bath I placed it in the refrigerator again and came back to it later for the final step searing it over a piping hot charcoal chimney using the flat side of Grillgrate.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Problem with those stupid NYT recipes is they want me to pay for them. I refuse. What's the basic premise behind that, I've never heard of it either?

• Eric2662
      Eric2662 commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman My bad. I thought that article was free. Not really a recipe, just an explanation of this farm in the Bakersfield are of California that sells beef finished on carrots.
      Check this article out from Food and Wine if you are interested. Its pretty cool.

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      At my old job, we went to visit that farm. Odd thing, finishing the cattle on carrots. Interesting flavor, but not anything I will rush out to get.

Happy Fall, y'all!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, from someone working on orchard ladders everyday, thanks.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      'Tis better than an unhappy fall!

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy, unhappy, just as long as it's not painful!

There, fixed that for you, James ComfortablyNumb
    Immature:

Name:	image_154367.jpg
Views:	1849
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1098546

Really Immature

Name:	image_154367-1.jpg
Views:	1851
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1098547

Sorry, y'all. Anyone,feel free to use one of these as your avatar.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John might use the 2nd picture….

• tamidw
      tamidw commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha! Awesome

• Black99vette
      Black99vette commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL

Click image for larger version  Name:	9D5DF973-6330-4852-A983-D56D3424CCD8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.86 MB ID:	1098577

One egg with a splash of whites, jack n cheddar with spinach and leftover brisket omelet. Bacon on the side.
    Last edited by HawkerXP; September 22, 2021, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing wrong with that picture!

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes.

Spicy Coconut Grilled Chicken Salad with Lime Vinaigrette.

Name:	V3EjxLGRNTYmD0hp4rgvlaKIV1zSuxzG0362CrY4mdTTV2Tsne95VCHqjzjuinDYg76DwsMUq23NpyfAXW-MYX_cpkX4LxVtf2ynwF_40yEf2UhLKOCYKEOEe5tPk--BkFvGXmrq_9_zr_V163qLRxY-w0_JbnQrerjmpdUmAGL0S7_nxCSOYy4s7aHk_37c4fE_rY17vVfomdAyxU3dAqE79RTUp-r4w0z2VYQizqqKCIQQUmljZMYe2H6ukam
Views:	1833
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	1098728

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      This looks fantastic!
      Got a recipie for this?
      Last edited by Elton's BBQ; September 23, 2021, 12:19 AM. Reason: Begging

Chicken Parmesan made with homegrown tomatoes contributed by SWMBO. Fried in a CI in the smoker so it counts for here right?

SWMBO rates it 11/10 and better than any restaurant.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by STEbbq; September 22, 2021, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Tonight's dinner: Brussels sprouts and cheddar soup.

Name:	IMG_20210922_175400.jpg
Views:	1815
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1098849

Comment

• RustyHaines
      RustyHaines commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks wonderful !

• skipsdaughter
      skipsdaughter commented
      Editing a comment
      I was pleasantly surprised by the taste. Added some pancetta and ghost pepper cheese and it had a nice heat to it.

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Love love love Brussels!

Smoked a chuck today, reduced some dino rib bone stock down by half, grabbed some fresh herbs out of the garden, and went with this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	99A900F5-22DD-4627-B5D6-3E298364F599.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.08 MB ID:	1098887

Click image for larger version  Name:	B5589CF6-0A65-431F-8D8C-B129A5000737.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.11 MB ID:	1098885
    Click image for larger version  Name:	188462A4-A5EF-4D6A-8495-65DEE96FE6AF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	1098882
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CB100AF1-8BC0-4517-97E4-EDA188D1B57C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.42 MB ID:	1098883 Click image for larger version  Name:	23B75AE9-8D95-445B-A317-CEF4990A38D8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.50 MB ID:	1098884
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; September 22, 2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      So, my fail in this was the egg. I thought great time to use the new Anova SV. Gave me a reason to pull it out of the box. I should have read the instructions, it;s a bit more then plug it in, dial up to hopeful temp and wheel away. Lol. 2 hours later I settled for a hard boiled, which also was a fail, as I had not ever worked with partial boiled before I heated some water the old fashion way. Guess I need to read those instructions soon,

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow!

Cold front came through last night so time to get back to grilling. First up? Malcom Reed's Grilled Chicken Tacos: boneless, skinless, chicken thighs marinated in oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, onion, and cumin; then grilled over pecan, served in HEB (if you're in Texas, you get it) flour tortillas with hot sauce, pico, cilantro-lime crema, and shredded cheese.

Name:	IMG-5030.JPG
Views:	1812
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	1098904

Name:	IMG-5031.JPG
Views:	1791
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1098901

Name:	IMG-5032.JPG
Views:	1799
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1098903

Name:	IMG-5033.JPG
Views:	1745
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1098902

(No, the tacos are not anemic....the tortillas are that big.)

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      But of course (and these are sooooo good): https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...58#post1080458

I am hoping the jalapeno/serrano hot sauce I am fermenting will work out. The others I've done, with habaneros, are just too hot. I like to put on a lot of sauce.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing beats homemade BBQ’d tacos!

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks really good indeed!

Cast Iron Blackened Salmon! So Good!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Yum!

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      This looks really good!!

• TWBarbecue
      TWBarbecue commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn Dr. Pepper @Elton'sBBQ Thank you! That Lane's BBQ Blackening season is absolutely delicious!

Grass fed ribeye and cheesy mashed potatoes made with green onions, Fresno peppers, and a little garlic and cream. And butter, of course.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210922_191752.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.26 MB ID:	1098936

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      My daughter and I can’t eat mashed potatoes without cheese, garlic and green onions. We fight with "mom" about it all of the time. Since my daughter has been out of the house for years, I lose out more often than not.

• tmaan235
      tmaan235 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not seeing an issue with the ingredients..... just saying. I'm in your corner.

Sri Lankan Chicken Curry. This was "5 alarm" spicy, but really delicious. Different from Indian curries I have made in the past. I think next time I will tone down the spice just a little. Served with plain Basmati rice.

Note the Panhead John signature tableware 🤣
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210923_012100813-01.jpeg Views:	30 Size:	3.54 MB ID:	1098958 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210923_012217357-01.jpeg Views:	30 Size:	2.85 MB ID:	1098959
    Last edited by Dewesq55; September 23, 2021, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      jhoskins - I followed a recipe from theflavorbender.com

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks fantastic!

• tmaan235
      tmaan235 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, looks awesome!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here