Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Nice use of the leftovers! And Rudy’s BBQ sauce, they make some good sauce!

• Starsky
    replied
    Today I smoked a 7 lb. pork butt, and a Butternut squash. Add to that some buttermilk - cheddar biscuits, a little homemade bbq sauce and I'm good to go This was my first time adding cheddar to my biscuits and even though I added 1.5 cups of the finely grated cheese the taste was subtle. I think next time I'll use a more course cheese
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20211219_120140.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	1145062
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Starsky; December 19, 2021, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    Because my wife likes pickles SheilaAnn

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Baltimorelger
    replied
    First cook on the TS70P. Fire management was a fight (didn’t have a good starting fire and had to really work hard to get it to stay above 220). Smoked for 4.5 hours around 230. Brined for 24 hours, rubbed, snd BBq sauce glazed. Combo of cherry and oak wood.

It was a real challenge but I had a blast and can’t wait to keep playing with her and working on my fire management.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DaveD
    commented on 's reply
    I think this rack of dino ribs is the best thing I have ever made, full stop. That beef was incredible, brought tears to our eyes, damn near.

• Jfrosty27
    commented on 's reply
    Oh yeah. That’s living

• DaveD
    replied
    This is one of those cosmic coincidences that make you say "Hey... wait, uh..."

The killer dino ribs I made yesterday, a page or so back in this here thread, yielded an amount of leftovers that was not *quite* enough to be a centerpiece for a meal. While I was pondering how to proceed, and finding we had no buns I could griddle for some beef sammiches, my lovely bride suddenly remembered that we had some frozen quick-bake dinner rolls left from our Thanksgiving meal. Bingo - sliders!

So I broke up the remaining rib meat and heated it through on the stovetop in some butter, and since it was just so tender, my silicone spatula had no trouble basically pulling it in the pot. (God that sounds depraved.) Baked up the rolls, sliced and loaded with the beef, a little dab'll do ya of BBQ sauce, bit of sliced colby jack cheese. *chef's kiss*

There was EXACTLY enough beef to PERFECTLY fill the SIX dinner rolls we had left, as the slider buns, three for each of us. *cue Twilight Zone theme* Cosmic, man. Cosmic.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211219_174949.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	1144969
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20211219_175651.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.77 MB ID:	1144970
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20211219_180832.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.62 MB ID:	1144968
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20211219_181005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.28 MB ID:	1144967
    Last edited by DaveD; December 19, 2021, 06:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Of course there is mustard, cheese and sauerkraut SheilaAnn !

• DaveD
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful... made me want to lick my screen. Almost.

• DaveD
    commented on 's reply
    Well, hell, why not call them "wings"? Sounds a lot more appealing than "lower back legs" or "fibula chops."

• SammyJ
    replied
    Up until today, ask me to do a whole chicken, easy answer spatchcock. But not any more. We eat at a local BBQ, my wife asked how they do chicken. THEY GAVE us a pint of rub. And we put it to use.

spatchcock and the split breast bone. Sprinkle rub on inside. Flip over and spray skin with olive oil. Then a good coat of rub.

2 hours at 350.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4EB491A4-CC92-42CC-B438-28704C49ABAD.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	1144954 Click image for larger version

Name:	87F8045F-F0D2-4185-A702-561BD096E6D6.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	1144955

WIFE APPROVED.

Leave a comment:

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    "Turning off the water works"…mouth watering works that is!
    Assuming their is mustard on that sandwich, all you need is a fat @$$ deli pickle!

• STEbbq
    replied
    Click Akaushi wagyu brisket turned into pastrami. This is the point and the flat has been saved for leftovers. Knocked it out of the park. This is what good eating is!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    STEbbq It was good. I do see why you pair polenta with something saucy.

• DaveD
    commented on 's reply
    It's the right thing to do.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here