Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Pepper
    commented on 's reply
    Lovely ribs, and meal and wine!

• klflowers
    replied
    Since I had been whining and complaining about bean clubs and such but not cooking beans, well hell, let’s get to it! Red beans and rice.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	23AF467A-F29E-4025-B543-DA9044E3CB77.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	1145189

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris I sliced the bones off meat and all and threw it into the gravy pot along with the trimmed fat that had some meat attached.I’ve only done it once so can’t comment on alternative. The gravy was awesome! I poured it in the drip pan under the roast while in the smoker.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Looks so awesome!

Was there much meat on those bones, or did you just put bones only in the gravy pot? I'll be prepping my 15 pounder tomorrow for cooking and am debating how best to take the bones off - as a "slab" like baby back ribs, or just dig the bones out with the knife, and toss them in the pot, leaving as much meat behind as possible. Since the larger one was still in the cryovac, the butcher at Publix had not cut the bones off or tied it.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Nicely Done, Brother!

Extry Points duly awarded fer yer Resourcefulness, Intrepidity, an Ability to Adapt to yer Situation...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Nicely Done, Pitmaster!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    See? Done Told ya th Dino Ribs was gonna be jus fine, Brother!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Fuego!!!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    See? Ain't Thing One wrong with no Oklahoma Joe Smokers, y'all!!!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Them there look like some Dayum Good, Official, Proper, stand a wooden spoon up in em kinda beans, Brother~!

Hail Yayuss!!! Lookin forward to any receipt, secrets, insight that ya might be willin to share with us mere mortals...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Them Beanz is always Welcome as th rain, to any dang ol Potluck I ever have goin on!

That there is One Servin, Right?

• rgriffeath
    replied
    Getting the holiday season started right with some prime ribeyes 👌
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    replied
    My first Prime Rib cook! Followed Meathead recipe to the T! Bones off and into the gravy pot, Mrs O’Leary’s rub hit with chipotle and ancho chile. Smoked on the pellet smoker at 225° till it hit 115°, seared to perfection! Side of home made russet mashed potatoes with gravy and french beans. Wife and I each had an end piece……OMG it was awesome! Thanks to jfmorris for the heads up on the Publix sale!!!! Wind was blowin’ dog off the chain, had to blanket the smoker and uh, uh, get creative with sear burner. 😂😁🤓😎
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• snowswamp
    replied
    So I tried chicken cordon bleu following Guga’s sous vide video. I used plain panko bread crumbs and baby Swiss cheese though. I was surprised how well it held its shape and the cheese. Tasted really good. Might want to use a more powerful cheese next time to get more flavor to come through.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A0FCFA18-2D7D-49BB-97CD-09053B095982.jpeg
Views:	265
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1145092
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AEC895D0-84C8-41F1-92A2-6BC18EEB02FB.jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	1145091

Leave a comment:

• DaveD
    commented on 's reply
    When I lived in Houston (far southern reaches, Clear Lake area), my workmates and I would go to our local Rudy's pretty much every Friday. Their sauce is outstanding, definitely my favorite. We order it online from TX, and the shipping ain't cheap, but we gotta have it.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here