Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 23, Fall 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    Good lord! If that doesnt make the next hot from the pit im boycotting.

• painter
    commented on 's reply
    Perfect--congrats!

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Holy cow!

• Draznnl
    commented on 's reply
    That looks remarkable. Is your pastrami recipe ready to share?

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    I hate you!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Steve. And that's Northern Cali-boy, waaaay Northern!

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    WOW!!!!

• Troutman
    replied
    This is a follow-up to what I did with my Akaushi brisket. I conventionally smoked the point half to jiggle-jiggle doneness and did brisket burritos with that bad boy. The flat sat in the brine for corn beef for 7 days and was rinsed for another 24 hours with several water changes. I then sous vided it at 150*F for 24 hours. I smoked to pastrami with a little oak wood using a new pastrami seasoning I'm experimenting with. Here's the result sitting on my cutting board straight from the pit, ready for sandwiches. Completely rendered and tender, I can't make it any better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pastrami carved.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	1145456

Click image for larger version

Name:	pastrami carved 2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	1145455

Leave a comment:

• tamidw
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks all! I appreciate it.
    DaveD my husband had to try one of the eggs before leaving. He wanted them left for him. I am making more this week since he only got the one he had at home. 😀

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    A bowl of deliciousness right there !! Not bad for a Cali-boy !!!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Booya !!!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I like that, love cordon bleu

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    I shared this on the Recipes>Beef channel with some edits.

• Dr. Pepper
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, CaptainMike Duly copied and pasted into my recipe Notes. I expect to use this Sunday or Monday!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here