Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 21, Spring 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, pretty good first run on my new starter. I bought a really cheap flour in bulk, and fed it, ignored it, worked it through various temps, hydration levels, etc.. finally thought I may have an understanding of this starter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	47E8BD8D-AF30-4C47-9B61-A383ED010F76.jpeg Views:	32 Size:	625.4 KB ID:	1015821
    Click image for larger version  Name:	99D07BDA-CEF5-4188-8D21-633369473651.jpeg Views:	31 Size:	716.0 KB ID:	1015824

Click image for larger version  Name:	C2A7406D-61A4-4B14-B676-B1B62CA4378E.jpeg Views:	33 Size:	701.7 KB ID:	1015823
    Click image for larger version  Name:	9BD13D9F-01A9-4B21-9C1A-02CA2582A899.jpeg Views:	33 Size:	522.4 KB ID:	1015820
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; April 10, 2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I was, (an still am ) th very furthest of things from th' Kewl Kids',; never gave a rodent's patootie then, still don't. High School, everybody had feathered hair, disco clothes, etc. I had oil soaked Levi's, tattoos, earrings, a Patch, Cowboy hat, Buck knife, 12" over chopper, an sometimes, 1911A1, in a shoulder holster.
      Somehow, I missed out on Valedictorian...

I am me, **** y'all, don't like that.
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 10, 2021, 01:26 PM.

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Home run!!!!!

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Knocked it out of the Park Bro!!

I got some prime flanks from Creekstone, a new free Weber GBS griddle, and Sparky was beggin for a little play time...so Fajitas! Yes, I know the griddle fits in the grate, just doesn’t leave much room around it or give you mobility for temp control.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful!

• saneric38
      saneric38 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great.

Ran smoke on a shoulder on my 26 kettle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	02DB2A0A-F43A-4C3E-951E-9F8855350E5C.jpeg
Views:	422
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	1015976

Name:	5E53E020-818E-43E8-A62B-58E7A3FEFC35.jpeg
Views:	440
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	1015975

Comment

• RustyHaines
      RustyHaines commented
      Editing a comment
      Kettles are so versatile and produce great results time and time again. Do you still know someone over there who welds up tables for 26" Webers or am I confusing you with someone?

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper I kind of feel many cookers can run like a fancy smoker, if you want them to be. Size being determining factor of what you can put on it.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      RustyHaines Not aware of anyone that welds up tables for a 26, I did have a table welded up for my 22. But, a good friend of mine who is really talented with welding etc. told me to go ahead and buy myself a nice stainless steel prep table with wheels, and he will cut the hole in it, and help with some mods I might want. I am hoping beyond all hope I have that 26 dropped into a nice stainless table, and likely a 2 burner propane burner dropped in as well. And yes, kettles are so versitle!

Smoked another pork butt, my wife and I both really love these pulled pork tacos! Tomorrow I am going to take some inspiration from IdSmokeThat and make nachos with the leftovers
    Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      , shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. And this is what came to mind 🤣🤣🤣
      "shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich"

• IdSmokeThat
      IdSmokeThat commented
      Editing a comment
      How were the leftovers ???

• BradNorthGA
      BradNorthGA commented
      Editing a comment
      IdSmokeThat I didn't take a picture of the leftovers meal but they were great

Some pork belly burnt ends for early in the year!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a pork belly feast is imminent...

Way to load that there Performer up, Brother!!!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 10, 2021, 07:25 PM.

• gilbertpilz
      gilbertpilz commented
      Editing a comment
      Can I ask some questions about the charcoal/wood configuration you used?

1. I can see that you've built a snake from the briquettes and wood, but the only thing burning is the small pile of briquettes in the middle. What happened after this picture was taken?

2. Your wood chunks are all at one end of your snake which, I'm presuming, is the end that you lit. Why did you do it this way?

Steak for one tonight. Reverse sear on a 2” sirloin. Paper plate style... right into the fire pit. All gone.
    Attached Files

Comment

Brisket and pork tower on the PBJ and crawfish boil. Kinda odd, but was a crawfish party where I wanted to smoke some stuff too. Brisket cook was interesting as it went on at midnight then a thunderstorm with very high winds hit. Thunder and hail wakes me up and I check the theromoworks to see an internal of high 200, like 280 something. Get up, wife says you going out in that. I say something is wrong. PBJ is under a carport farthest away from rain and the top of the barrel is full of water. Still smoking though. I had put the vent towards the wall to try to minimize the wind impact. Looked ok, and I guess the water messed with prob. Go back to sleep. Get up at 7:30 (didn't expect to sleep that late) and brisket is ok, but somewhat crispy on one side. It was a lil long so hung it horizontal. Kept the trimmed fat and cooked it down in a pan with the brisket to prob tender. Everyone had great things to say, and first time pork tower ended up like pork burnt ends which was also very liked. Didn't get a picture of tower.
      Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG! Lookit all them crawdads!!!!!

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I want in on those crawdads!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Mud Bug Madness, Spring 2021!!!

Makin me dang danged HONGRY, BTW! LOL!

CFS with mashed and sautéed spinach; cream gravy.

Name:	EF34E6D4-96B5-4A82-A784-9BC329E647E6.jpeg
Views:	424
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1016205

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Way to celebrate 500 posts!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Suh-weet pic of Great Foods, Sister!

Nice pic, as well!

Beef shorties. Hanks Bonafide Beef Rub. 10 hours on the Smoke Vault. Served with cauliflower mash and stir fried snap and snow peas fresh from the garden.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210411_025355460.jpg Views:	31 Size:	4.13 MB ID:	1016215Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210411_025824058.jpg Views:	30 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	1016216
      Last edited by theroc; April 11, 2021, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        theroc that’s it, I’m just gonna show up one afternoon and we will cook and eat. I’ll let you cook! 🍽

Smoked beef cheeks😁
      Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Those look great!

• theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh man. Those look fine. I'd love to have a source for beef cheeks!

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        @rheroc Northgate market usually has them. Looks like there's one in El Monte.

My dad stayed in town for the weekend so naturally I had to make a giant ribeye rubbed with carne crosta, which has been my go to rub for steaks of late. Reverse seared on my LSG with oak splits. Turned out amazing!

Name:	115C59D7-9062-4043-8CE9-0174F9B9BD30.jpeg
Views:	440
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1016322Click image for larger version

Name:	04AC65F4-75FD-49BC-B09A-C05049E1B4C1.jpeg
Views:	416
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	1016325Click image for larger version

Name:	2884585F-4A6B-4720-831A-EFDBB1518914.jpeg
Views:	419
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	1016323Click image for larger version

Name:	880DEF07-18B8-4C3F-A4E7-EDCAF4176309.jpeg
Views:	426
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	1016324

Comment

• JakeT
        JakeT commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike I sure did!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Any Dad worth his salt's jus gotta LOVE dat steak...

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice knife great steak!

Some Rolled Flank Steak Pinwheels Stuffed with Feta and Spinach. Seared on the Cast Iron.
      Attached Files

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Yum

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yum Yum

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Those make my mouth start watering!

Sesame Chicken and Broccoli on the kettle.
      Attached Files

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        That just looks fantastic!!

• Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        Great use of the drip and griddle pan!

Lamb burger with sliced gouda, roasted potatoes, sauteed zucchini matchsticks.

Name:	IMG-6648.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1016424

Used similar spices to Kofta for the burger. Reserved some lamb spice for the potatoes, along with the usual suspects.

Zucchini is garlic, evoo, crp, s&p, grated parm.

Name:	IMG-6650.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1016423

Tried to do them as smashburgers on the flat side of the grill grate, however I didn't smash it thin enough. It ended up fine, but it wasn't really a smashburger as I had intended.

Name:	IMG-6653.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	1016425

Comment

Name:	F3E2FDFC-AFF0-4F0D-9A71-B8ECC483B896.jpeg
Views:	401
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1016437Click image for larger version

Name:	3046B176-57E0-4556-A62E-452FB8457051.jpeg
Views:	384
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	1016436 Wife n kids are out of town so I’m flying solo but eating well!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks to be enough goin on there fer at least a wee snack! Y)

Personally, I dadgum hates it, when th Wife is gone, but I trys so hard to find ways to 'Make Shift', poor, ol woeful me...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 11, 2021, 03:48 PM.

• JakeT
          JakeT commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree 100% Mr. Bones . I guess I’m mostly trying to keep myself busy because the house is too quiet! I’ve gotten a lot of yard work done between adding splits to the smoker!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Turn th Stereo up, toss yer socks in th corners, leave alla th lights on in rooms ya ain't usin, ignore mowin th grass, cleanin th gutters, worshin off th driveway, an other such non-essential task, until said wife returns.

In my considered experience, they'll git ya caught up, fast-like, with what needs to be done, so why burn personal processor time, when it's all gonna have be re-computed, anyhow!!!

Enjoy Th Silence! Embrace it, Like a Lover....
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 11, 2021, 04:04 PM. Reason: lefta space out, sry, y'all

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here