Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Que Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Que Book

As I wrote the chapter on Sous Vide Que for my next book with help from Clint Cantwell, it got longer and longer (about 66 pages), so I turned it into a book and posted it on Kindle. It sells for $3.99 but Amazon is offering it for free to Kindle Unlimited members. I don't know how long and how many, so go get it now. I will be posting a flipbook version in the Pitmaster Club shortly. You will be able to read it just like the copies of Barbecue News that we post for you but it can't be downloaded. This is our first Kindle, so let us know how you like it. If you do like it, please give it 5 stars so Amazon will promote it!

Here's a link to the Kindle
    https://tinyurl.com/sousvideque

Here's a link to a large printable version of the chart below. We have ordered magnets but they won't be available for a couple of weeks.
    https://tinyurl.com/svq-chart

Here is the description that appears on Amazon: By marrying water and fire, by marrying sous vide with the grill or smoker, you get "sous vide que", and you can achieve extraordinary results, in many cases, better than with either cooking method on its own.

With this book you will learn all the basics of sous vide along with never-before-published safety info and learn how to use fire and smoke to amp the food up. We'll show you how to sear on a grill, gas or charcoal, on top of a charcoal chimney at well over 1000F, with a torch, and how to add smoke.

You'll learn that is better to add smoke and spice after sous vide, get our recommendations on tools, and get links to a growing list of recipes. But most important, we have busted myths and super simplified cooking temperatures and times and you can download and print a great chart.
    Attached Files

Got a Sous Vide for christmas havn't used it yet. Just downloaded this looking forward to reading/use it. Thanks Meathead

Comment

Thanx!

Comment

Not free anymore. They want $3.99 now. Still a good deal

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          It will bed free to members next week as a flipbook.

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the free is to Prime members only?

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          Free for Kindle unlimited members. Regular Kindle price is $3.99. Still a great deal. Thanks!

Awesome and thank you.

Any chance of getting that chart posted on the free side and/or getting it as a magnet for purchase?

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          We ordered magnets last week. A print version should be live tomorrow.

• BBQPhil
          BBQPhil commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you have a link to the book for club members? Can't seem to find it after seeing this: " I will be posting a flipbook version in the Pitmaster Club shortly. You will be able to read it just like the copies of Barbecue News that we post for you but it can't be downloaded. This is our first Kindle, so let us know how you like it. If you do like it, please give it 5 stars so Amazon will promote it!"

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          BBQPhil https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-book-for-free

It's in Kindle Unlimited so free if you have that. Not free for Prime members, but... $3.99. I just bought it for that.

Comment

I don't subscribe to Kindle Unlimited, so I bought the Kindle version instead. I'm looking forward to some good bedtime reading tonight.

Kathryn

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here

Gotta get this one..
          Thanks for the tip Meathead

Comment

Just downloaded it! Excited to read through this!

Comment

Just got it. Thanks

Comment

So I am just learning the Amazon system. The free version is ONLY for Kindle Unlimited members, not Prime members. You can buy it, but I will be posting a flipbook here this week. You will be able to read it just like the copies of Barbecue News that we post for you but it can't be downloaded.

Comment

I am a Kindle Unlimited member but bought it anyway since my wife and I both share the account and I didn't want to try to use it only to find out that she'd given it back in order to add something else to her bookshelf. :-)

Comment

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Marriage is share and sacrifice, pkadare . You share, you sacrifice.

K.

And i just bought it aswell.. Looks promising and i look forward to read and do some practical SV-cue

Comment

Just downloaded it. Looking forward to checking it out. I used the SV this weekend to do a chuckie - it rained so I couldn't do the Q part. Came out OK; it will make some good lunch sandwiches.

Comment

Bought a Sous Vide right after Christmas and have used it a few times. Just purchased the book and look forward to reading it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here